My babies and why they have their names...

Such beautiful names! I love [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name] and [name]Imogen[/name] [name]Lily[/name]! JNE, how lame of people to make the “oh that’s different” comment to you, it’s not like it’s some crazy name! I think [name]Imogen[/name] is beautiful, it’s on my list!

My daughter is [name]Samantha[/name] [name]Skye[/name]. I kind of liked [name]Samantha[/name]. I’m not thrilled that it’s so popular (esp because hubby nixed other names I liked --[name]Hannah[/name]-- because it was too popular and now she’s one of FOUR [name]Samantha[/name]'s in her preschool.) But, our last name is an acronym-- we both changed our names when we married, so DD’s name really means, Should All My Advice Not Turn Hardships Aside, [name]Skye[/name], [name]Remember[/name] I [name]Love[/name] You. Once my husband came up with the anagram for [name]Samantha[/name], he had me. [name]Skye[/name] is a fave name I’ve loved forever. It was the name of a friend of the family’s daughter. I barely know her, but love the name.

I love all of these baby names :slight_smile:

My son is 20 months old and his name is [name]Cannon[/name] [name]Ward[/name]. We just fell in love with the name [name]Cannon[/name]. I have been an athlete my whole life, and my husband is big into history/military. We thought that [name]Cannon[/name] was cute and different, but not completely made up sounding. I played softball in college (and growing up) and we thought it was neat because I had an article written about me havine “a cannon for an arm.” My husbands family is also known for having a very “loose cannon temper.” When we had our 20 week ultrasound and saw him flipping, punching and kicking- we knew we made the right choice for a name :slight_smile:

[name]Ward[/name] is a family name.

I have two children, [name]Rhys[/name] [name]Stephen[/name] (04) and [name]Jocelyn[/name] [name]Anneliese[/name] (06)
When I was pregnant w/ [name]Rhys[/name] I didn’t want to use my dh’s name ([name]Stephen[/name]) as a mn because of the back to back 'S’s but, when he was born, it just FIT. I was 23 and not really into the whole naming thing when i cam across a picture of this boy being praised for all the greatness he was doing in his community by the name of [name]Rhys[/name]… I was sold. It looked strong, sounded strong and wasn’t anything I’d heard before I saw this little guys picture. Perfect!

With our dd, my dh always liked the name [name]Jocelyn[/name]. Her name was actually [name]Anneliese[/name] (saw the name on A [name]Baby[/name] [name]Story[/name]) for about 5 days, then we decided that [name]Jocelyn[/name] should take the number 1 spot. So, it did and we’re so glad we did it.

Now that we’re having another girl, I kinda wish we would have left [name]Anneliese[/name] for her, but [name]Jocelyn[/name] [name]Anneliese[/name] is just such a perfect name… we’ll just have to find another perfect one for this little girl.

Oh, and I’d loved the name [name]Jade[/name] since I was a teenager but it became way to trendy/popular for me so [name]Jocelyn[/name]'s initals give that to me in a round about way JAD (:

My children are:

[name]Griffin[/name] [name]Michael[/name] [name]Paul[/name], 5
[name]Spencer[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Jeffrey[/name], 4
[name]Milo[/name] [name]Jay[/name] [name]Corwin[/name], 9 months

All of their first names are ones my husband and I both loved (and still do). Middle names were given to them to honor family members. I recently found out that I am pregnant…this should be interesting.

I have alot of kids 18 to be exact so I want tell you why all my kids have their names. Here are my kids names:
Monlor-jaydis moneka we call her mj for short. I choose this because I took the first three letters of my name mon and the first three letters of my cousins name lor and joined them together the Jaydis part is from the book [name]Narnia[/name]: The magicians nephew but spelt differently and the middle name Moneka is my name spelt different.
Whyatt-sloane Bradfield and Wynta [name]Noela[/name] who are twins were given their middle names after my grandparents.
Lieka [name]Bernie[/name] and [name]Layla[/name] [name]Rita[/name] (twins)
[name]Roseanne[/name] ([name]Rosie[/name]) [name]Vivian[/name], [name]Kathlean[/name] (leah) [name]June[/name], [name]Cynthia[/name] ([name]Cindy[/name]) [name]Jean[/name], [name]Tara[/name] [name]Carter[/name] were named after the singer [name]Johnny[/name] [name]Cash[/name] and his wife [name]Vivian[/name] kids.
[name]John[/name]-[name]Raymond/name [name]Cash[/name] is named after [name]Johnny[/name] [name]Cash[/name] because his real name was [name]JR[/name].
Dilin [name]James[/name] after Bod [name]Dylan[/name] and [name]James[/name] after my grandfather.
[name]Blayke[/name] [name]Lachlan[/name], [name]Brianna[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] are also twins and their middle names are my siblings names.
Kaytee [name]Dawn[/name], Graysea [name]Dorice[/name] (twins)
[name]Jake[/name] [name]Nicholas[/name], [name]Micah[/name] Nathenial (twins)
[name]Isaiah[/name] [name]Jesus[/name] has the middle name of [name]Jesus[/name] because he is the saviour of the human race.

[name]Hope[/name] that makes sense.

Wow! [name]Do[/name] you live in the U.S., because I tried googling you (wow, that sounds stalker-ish after I read it, but large families amaze me), but I didn’t find anything. Have you ever been on that TLC show where they have large families?

I found you, mj! But on one site it says you have 18 kids and on another one it says you only had ten as of 5 months ago.

Is it a story like Yours, Mine and Ours? [name]Just[/name] kidding. Some sites you cannot trust. But 18, wow! I am planning for 4 or 6 and I thought that was a lot!

You’re right about unreliable websites, but 5 months ago on the [name]Baby[/name] Name Central website she posted that she only had ten kids. Something smells fishy…

You’re right about unreliable websites, but 5 months ago on the [name]Baby[/name] Name Central website she posted that she only had ten kids. Something smells fishy…[/quote]

Indeed. Especially as the probability of having four sets of twins is 0.000000020736%, by my calculation.

My little boy is [name]Josiah[/name] [name]Louie[/name] [name]James[/name]. I can’t remember when I fell in love with the name [name]Josiah[/name] but I adore the melodic sound of it, love the meaning and story behind the biblical character, and for me it has a kind of old-worldy charm about it that makes me think of gentlemen in top-hats in 19th century Victorian [name]England[/name].

I think people were a little shocked when I chose the name as I’m pretty ‘beige’ and traditional myself, and it is a very rare name where I live (some of my relatives had never heard of it before). As for his middle-names, [name]James[/name] was a given as it is a family name on both sides, but for some reason at the time I didn’t like the alliterative feel of [name]Josiah[/name] [name]James[/name], so I let DH choose a name to break up the J’s. My choice would have been [name]William[/name], but since I had got my way with [name]Josiah[/name] I left it up to him. He had really wanted to call our son [name]Louie[/name] but I had objected (even though I think [name]Louie[/name] is cute) because my mn is [name]Louise[/name] and I HATED being called [name]Sarah[/name]-[name]Lou[/name] as a kid, plus I prefer traditional spellings ([name]Louie[/name] is traditionally spelt [name]Louis[/name]) but I could see this would be pronounced like ‘[name]Lou[/name]-iss’, a name neither of us liked. But I figured it was ok for a mn, and it flowed well. So [name]Josiah[/name] [name]Louie[/name] [name]James[/name] he became.

I often get people asking me to say his name again, and get comments like ‘oh, that’s an interesting one’, but I let is slide, as I love his name and he wouldn’t be the same as a [name]Daniel[/name] or [name]Jayden[/name] or whatever.

My baby girl is named [name]Belle[/name] [name]Allison[/name]. [name]Belle[/name] because… well I just adore that name and decided not to have it as a nickname to something (i.e. [name]Isabelle[/name], [name]Anabelle[/name] etc. as they were wayyyy too popular and trendy). [name]Allison[/name] is after my mother.

I named my daughter [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Grace[/name] because [name]Sophia[/name] means wisdom and i loved [name]Grace[/name]. I named my son [name]Liam[/name] [name]Shaun[/name] because we loved it. We named our daughter coming [name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Mae[/name] because [name]Evelyn[/name] means dear youth, when she gets older i will always remeber when she was little. We loved [name]Mae[/name].

I have three kids ~

[name]Lily[/name] [name]Kathryn[/name] [name]Ivey[/name], 11. [name]Lily[/name] came from my husband and I doing summer theater. One year, the show was “The [name]Secret[/name] Garden”. Something about the name and the song about [name]Lily[/name]'s hazel eyes stuck with us. It was a great summer with amazing friends. Many things changed after that summer and I think [name]Lily[/name] just brought up memories of good things. Plus, 11 years ago it was a lot less common! [name]Kathryn[/name] (with this spelling) was the name of both the name of the minister who married my husband and I and the OB who delivered her. We figured without those two strong wonderful women she might not be here, what better name sakes! [name]Ivey[/name] was my paternal grandmother’s maiden name. I loved it then, but wasn’t brave enough to use it as a first name. I think I would have now.

[name]Lily[/name]'s name started a pattern. Short easy to say and spell first names (our last name is long and hard!) two middle names. The first strong and classic after someone with a special place in our hearts. The third a last name from one of the women in the family.

[name]Dax[/name] [name]Henry[/name] Bender, 4. I have a brother named, Dosh. He is incredibly outgoing, friendly, & popular. He’s the kind of guy who can sit down at a table with anyone and quickly become friends. He could also grace the cover of GQ, but I’m not biased! He said his name really played a part in who he is. When I was flipping through a name book [name]Dax[/name] almost jumped off the page at me. My husband hated it, others looked at me funny, but it kept growing on us. By the time he was born is just wouldn’t go away! [name]Dax[/name] fits everything about him now. He is very much like my brother and looks just like him…it’s a little weird! =) [name]Henry[/name] is the middle name of my maternal grandfather, great grandfather, and uncle. They were all great men, and my husband simply loved this name. Bender is my maternal grandmother’s maiden name. My grandmother died the year before he was born and it seemed fitting to use her name. She also had several brothers and the Bender men were all amazing human beings.

[name]Finn[/name] [name]Patrick[/name] Callihan, 2. This is sad, but the simple truth. I first let [name]Finn[/name] sink in as a character on [name]Grey[/name]'s Anatomy. My girlfriends and I gather once a week to watch and have great fun. They jumped on this name and how simply handsome it was. I mentioned it to my husband, he loved it and it just was. It did help with his family that his great grandfather’s name was [name]Findlay[/name], but honestly, this played no part in his name! No matter where I am in life, his name will always remind me of my wonderful friend and how much they love me and this little guy! [name]Patrick[/name] was suggested by my daughter because she wanted to name the baby after her favorite great grandma [name]Pat[/name] ([name]Patricia[/name]) so we did. Callihan is was the last name of my husband’s maternal grandmother. It seemed to fit beautifully with [name]Finn[/name] [name]Patrick[/name].

There are our name stories! Thanks for giving us a place to share them! I’m hoping to have one more little person one day, it will be a treat to do it all again!

lilydaxfinnsmama- I really, really love your kids names! And your naming stories are great, more people should name their babies the way you did!

My son is [name]Dashiell[/name] [name]David[/name] [name]Rowe[/name]. My husband loved [name]Dash[/name] ever since The Incredibles. He pushed for it in the beginning of the pregnancy, but stopped since I wasn’t going for it (though I did secretly like it). Then towards the end we weren’t in love with anything, and I accidentally brought it up, and he latched on. The first time my husband called him [name]Dash[/name] while he was in my belly, he kicked like crazy, which he’d never done for him before! That kind of sealed the deal. [name]David[/name] is my father-in-law’s name, and my brother-in-law’s middle name. [name]Rowe[/name] was originally a maiden name in my family, but my son is the sixth generation to have it as a middle. It’s my brother’s middle, and I love that my son shares a middle name with both of his uncles. After ENDLESS debate over his name, my hubby texted me “I’d like to honor my dad” and without even thinking, I said “What about [name]Dashiell[/name] [name]David[/name] [name]Rowe[/name]?” and he said “That’s it. That’s his name”… and so it was! It’s really perfect, and I love saying it!

My daughter’s name is [name]Violet[/name] [name]Guinevere[/name]. We named her [name]Violet[/name] as a variation of [name]Viola[/name], the heroine from [name]Shakespeare[/name]'s Twelfth [name]Night[/name]. I’m a [name]Shakespeare[/name] buff and should my husband and I have another daugther, will definitely once again draw inspiration from this peerless [name]Bard[/name]. [name]Guinevere[/name] is from Arthurian legend (obviously) and was also the middle name of a much beloved family member who had passed away a few short weeks before my daughter’s birth. Her name was [name]Zoe[/name] [name]Guinevere[/name] and I miss her more than words can say.

Minzzie - your DD name is absolutely enchanting :slight_smile: [name]Viola[/name] is my #1 name atm, and [name]Guinevere[/name] is lovely!

I don’t have any real explanation for my kids names; we mainly chose them because we liked them and they seemed to ‘fit’. We’ve given them all 2 middles, as it’s tradition in my family, but somehow my siblings and I missed out - so we revived it!

So, I have 3 kids:

• [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Poppy[/name] [name]Rae[/name] (4 years old)
  • [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name] [name]Finn[/name] & [name]Iris[/name] [name]Emilia[/name] [name]Belle[/name] (10 month old twinnies)

Oh, and I’m new around here, so my name is [name]Sophie[/name] [name]Anais[/name], and DH is [name]Daniel[/name] [name]Elias[/name], just for the record :slight_smile:

I named my twins [name]Connor[/name] [name]James[/name] and [name]Dakota[/name] [name]Mitchel[/name].Yes 2 boys.Since I was a little girl I’ve always LOVED the name [name]Connor[/name],and [name]James[/name] is my brother “[name]Gregory[/name] [name]James[/name]”.[name]Dakota[/name] I thought people would think he’s a boy,but when I met a little boy [name]Dakota[/name],I thought,aww,this name is so cute for a little boy.[name]Mitchel[/name] is my cousin,he means very much to me and I thought it was important to include both [name]Mitchel[/name] and [name]James[/name] in there because they mean the world to me.As for nicknames,we will be calling [name]Connor[/name] CJ and [name]Dakota[/name] [name]Kody[/name].And for the ones I’m due in Febuary for,I really like the name [name]Sebastian[/name] [name]Louis[/name](no s pronounced,same as my friends half brother),and [name]Lukas[/name] [name]Dae[/name] and [name]Preston[/name] [name]Curtis[/name](I just like it),and for girls,I really like [name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Rachel[/name](cousins name) and Kaytelyn [name]Michelle/name and [name]Autumn[/name] [name]Lynn/name and [name]Alexis[/name] [name]Ray[/name](love it) and Winterlynn [name]Rae[/name] and [name]Raelynn[/name] [name]Mae[/name].I have lots of girls names but my number one for boy and girl is probably [name]Sebastian[/name] [name]Louis[/name] or [name]Lukas[/name] [name]Dae[/name] and [name]Autumn[/name] [name]Lynn[/name] and [name]Alexis[/name] [name]Ray[/name].

Thank you for the compliments. It really made my day. I hope [name]Violet[/name] likes her name as well because a lot of thought and love went into naming her!
And all your names are absolutely awesome. I love that you gave your kids two middle names. Come to think of it, both DH and I have two middle names: [name]Mia[/name] Minh Hai (me) and [name]William[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] [name]Bryant[/name] (DH), but I’m not sure why we didn’t continue the trend…just didn’t think of it!