My baby girl has arrived!

My beautiful baby girl was born on [name_u]November[/name_u] 22nd at 2:42 pm. She was born exactly 4 weeks early, with all 10 fingers and all 10 toes, she had a little bit of breathing difficultly when she first arrived, but fortunately, we only needed to stay overnight in the hospital.

Her name is [name_f]Aliya[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u] [name_f]Josette[/name_f] - her nickname is [name_u]Allie[/name_u]
[name_f]Aliya[/name_f] doesn’t have a meaning behind it, I simply just adore the name, I have loved it for as long as I can remember.
[name_u]Rae[/name_u] doesn’t have much meaning either, I think it simply helps to complete her name and I love it! Although it does have a kind of link to my mom’s side of the family because every girl born since my great-grandma has had a form of [name_f]Renee[/name_f] in their name. So while it isn’t an exact match I feel that in some sense it honors this.
[name_f]Josette[/name_f] has a really special meaning to me. I chose this name to honor my older brother. He died in [name_u]November[/name_u] 2019. His name was [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m]. I fell in love with the idea that I could somehow honor my brother in my daughter’s name, I feel like [name_f]Josette[/name_f] does this perfectly.
In some way I feel it was fate too, my baby girl was born 2 days before the 1st anniversary of his death.

I am so completely in love with my baby girl, my [name_u]Allie[/name_u].
Thank you to all the berries who have commented on my posts in the last few months, you have all helped me so much :white_heart:

31 Likes

Gorgeous choice! Congrats!

3 Likes

What a perfect name! Congratulations!

2 Likes

Assuming [name_f]Aliya[/name_f] is pronounced like [name_f]Aaliyah[/name_f], I LOVE this name!

3 Likes

Congratulations, lovely name choice :heartpulse:

1 Like

Thank you!
I pronounce her name [name_m]Ah[/name_m]-lee-uh, although, I’m sure that it will also be pronounced Uh-lee-uh too. I’m okay with that though :white_heart:

2 Likes

Aww, congratulations on your little girl! Her name is so sweet (and I’m sure she is too!) :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Beautful name! So glad she’s breathing well now, and congratulations!

1 Like

I’m so happy for you! I love her name. It’s unique but still familiar. So cute!
[name_m]Reading[/name_m] your story about [name_f]Josette[/name_f] made me smile. Looking at your daughter’s name, [name_f]Josette[/name_f] really caught my eye, and now that I’ve read your meaning I love it even more. It certainly was fate!

I’m glad [name_u]Allie[/name_u] is safe and breathing well now. :slight_smile: I hope she settles in nicely at home!

1 Like

Congratulations! She has an adorable name.

2 Likes

Congratulations!! Such a beautiful name and I love the connection to your brother, what a beautiful gift she will carry around with her! :heart:

1 Like

Beautiful name! Congratulations!!:tada:

1 Like

Welcome, [name_u]Allie[/name_u]! Congratulations :partying_face:

1 Like

Congratulations! Her name is gorgeous.

1 Like

Congratulations :clap: such a meaningful name

1 Like

Congratulations on your healthy baby girl! She has a lovely name, and I agree that [name_f]Josette[/name_f] makes for a perfectly beautiful honour name. So sorry to hear about the loss of your brother :purple_heart:

1 Like

Congratulations!

1 Like

Congratulations! She has a lovely name!

1 Like

Aliya [name_u]Rae[/name_u] [name_f]Josette[/name_f] is absolutley stunning!

1 Like

Congratulations! I’m sorry to hear about the death of your brother.

1 Like