My baby is in pain and there is nothing I can do to help him :'-(

We got our son circumcised today and it was awful. I watched the whole procedure. He has been crying so much since we brought him home and every time he cries I cry because I feel so helpless. The night has just begun and I’m already feeling overwhelmed… I don’t really know what I expect to get out of posting on here, I just needed to express how terrible I feel. I just fed and changed him so I know he is crying right now from the pain. It breaks my heart.

Oh, poor little boy! I can’t imagine how awful that must be for you and him. He will heal and feel better with time, though. I’m sure you had your reasons for getting it done, so I suppose try and think about them and maybe it will seem all for the best? I have zero experience with that sort of thing since hardly anybody has this procedure done in Europe, but maybe some US mothers will have some tips for you on how you can help him to feel better. [name_m]Even[/name_m] if there’s nothing to be done and it’s just a matter of time, the pain won’t last forever. I hope you have a happy baby again as soon as possible.

I am so sorry that he (and you) have to go through this pain. I only have girls, so I don’t know what it is like to have to go through this. But PP is right, soon he will be back to his happy self.

I must say though, you will probably open a can of worms with this one. A lot of people are so set in their mind for or against circumcision. If anyone comes on here and tells you how horrible you are for getting it done, don’t listen. You did what was right for you and your son, and that’s all you need to think about.

hugs and I hope [name_m]Griffin[/name_m] feels better soon!

He knows you are there and is comforted by that. [name_m]Just[/name_m] keep repeated to yourself that it’s only temporary. I know that you know this, but sometimes just saying it will help you relax. I’m the same way though. I cry whenever my son has to get his shots. The nurses all chuckle at me. Uh, it’s my baby and he’s crying! We did not choose circumcision so I can’t offer advice from experience, except to hang in there!

Thank you everyone. I love how kind and supportive the nameberry community can be. [name_m]Griffin[/name_m] is doing much better this morning. I am laying on my back and he is laying on his back, on top of my belly with both arms dangling off my sides, snoozing away. Only two more days and he should be healed up.

Stephykneejo, if anyone questions our decision, I will inform them that I put a lot of time into researching both sides. I saw the benefits and drawbacks of both and was slightly leaning towards not wanting it done, however I have no experience with owning a penis, so when both [name_m]Griffin[/name_m]'s daddy (circumcised), and my own daddy (uncircumcised) both thought it should be done, I trusted their judgement. I don’t know why my father thinks that way: I didn’t ask because I felt that would be a rather awkward father-daughter conversation. Regardless, I don’t regret the choice me and my SO made.

That is the cutest image of him snoozing! [name_f]Glad[/name_f] he is doing better.

[name_f]Glad[/name_f] he’s feeling better! :slight_smile:

I’m so sorry to hear you baby boy is in pain. I feel so sorry for him and you I hope your little boy feels better soon.