My 'Boring' Name List

I am due in early [name]November[/name] with boy/girl twins and my husband and I are having issues with names. We have two boys already named [name]William[/name] [name]Bennett[/name] and [name]Alexander[/name] [name]Ephraim[/name]. We chose our middle names from family members and first names because they were classic, likable, recognizable but not boring. Low and behold everyone thought our name choices were boring so now we can’t even ask anyone about name choices, so I searched online and found NameBerry and hopefully you will be able to tell me which names sound good and which ones to rule out. We really are down to the wire because I went almost a month early with the boys.
Our middle names are going to be [name]Hayden[/name] and [name]Jane[/name]. I know that [name]Hayden[/name] is hugely popular with the similarity to [name]Aidan[/name], but it was the middle name of my father in law. His first name was [name]Benjamin[/name] but since we have a [name]Bennett[/name] it won’t work. These names are cemented.
Our lists are still huge because we haven’t been able to bounce them off of anyone else. Thanks in advance for your help.

Girl:
[name]Susannah[/name] [name]Jane[/name] (my favorite)
[name]Eloisa[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Caitlin[/name] [name]Jane[/name] (we don’t shorten names but others might so she would be [name]Cait[/name] [name]Tate[/name]…)
[name]Helena[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Adeline[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Jane[/name]

Boy:
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Hayden[/name] (my favorite but is the alliteration okay?)
[name]Sebastian[/name] [name]Hayden[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name] [name]Hayden[/name]
[name]Tobias[/name] [name]Hayden[/name]
[name]Elias[/name] [name]Hayden[/name]
[name]Felix[/name] [name]Hayden[/name]
[name]Peter[/name] [name]Hayden[/name]
[name]Charles[/name] [name]Hayden[/name]

Which ones sound best with [name]William[/name] and [name]Alexander[/name]? They go by their full names all the time. Our last name is [name]Tate[/name] if that makes it easier to choose. I will welcome any advice.
thanks,
[name]Brianna[/name] and [name]Chase[/name]

I love [name]Helena[/name] [name]Jane[/name] and [name]Tobias[/name] [name]Hayden[/name]!

I love your list (and your other kid’s names)! My favorites are:

[name]Susannah[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Helena[/name] [name]Jane[/name]

I adore [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Jane[/name] the best. It’s really gorgeous. For boys, I like:

[name]Henry[/name] [name]Hayden[/name]
[name]Elias[/name] [name]Hayden[/name]

I think [name]William[/name], [name]Alexander[/name], [name]Louisa[/name], and [name]Henry[/name] would be absolute perfection.

You know what, the names you have chosen have over a THOUSAND years of history. That makes them VERY interesting to me. All of your names are lovely.

I second everything irisrose said, except I’d vote for [name]Tobias[/name] over [name]Elias[/name]. These are all beautiful choices!

You have a gorgeous list of names! I love the Classics. [name]William[/name] is one of my all-time favourites, and I have a nephew named [name]Alexander[/name], so I’m quite taken with that name, as well :slight_smile:

My favourites are:
[name]Charles[/name] [name]Hayden[/name]

[name]William[/name], [name]Alexander[/name], [name]Susannah[/name] & [name]Henry[/name] <— My Favourite :slight_smile:
[name]William[/name], [name]Alexander[/name], [name]Susannah[/name] & [name]Charles[/name]
[name]William[/name], [name]Alexander[/name], [name]Louisa[/name] & [name]Henry[/name]
[name]William[/name], [name]Alexander[/name], [name]Louisa[/name] & [name]Charles[/name]

My favorite combos are: [name]William[/name], [name]Alexander[/name], [name]Beatrice[/name] & [name]Sebastian[/name] - they’re all similar concerning their type and length but not too similar that you’d mix it up…

[name]Brianna[/name], you have gorgeous taste in names and I love your lists!

My favorites are:
[name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Jane[/name]

[name]Charles[/name] [name]Hayden[/name] (so dignified!)

I think [name]Louisa[/name]/[name]Charles[/name] or [name]Susannah[/name]/[name]Henry[/name] work best with [name]William[/name] and [name]Alexander[/name], but with your list you really can’t go wrong. :smiley:

[name]Alexis[/name]

My favorites of the boys’ names are [name]Henry[/name] [name]Hayden[/name] and [name]Tobias[/name] [name]Hayden[/name]. I think they both are such strong, handsome names. In my opinion, I prefer the alliteration of [name]Henry[/name] [name]Hayden[/name] to [name]Tobias[/name] [name]Tate[/name].

I have much more trouble choosing from your fabulous list of girls’ names! For [name]William[/name], [name]Alexander[/name] and [name]Henry[/name]'s sister, I vote:
[name]Susannah[/name] - such a soft spot for the sweet [name]Susannah[/name] in my heart! It’s just such a lovely name
[name]Louisa[/name] - [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Jane[/name] is so dignified! My one hestiation is that [name]Louisa[/name] is similar in sound to its male root [name]Louis[/name], and as a girl with 3 brothers, it might be nice for her name to be more feminine. Not that [name]Louisa[/name] is in anyway unisex of course, but it’s just so tied to its male counterpart, like [name]Georgia[/name].
[name]Helena[/name] - a great fit, but too close to [name]Henry[/name] if you choose that. I like [name]Henry[/name] better than [name]Helena[/name], so that’s my vote
[name]Adeline[/name] - seems a little more trendy with all the [name]Addie[/name]'s out there. I know you will use her full name, but it just doesn’t seem as perfectly classic as your other options
[name]Eloisa[/name] - I prefer [name]Eloise[/name]. I love [name]Eloise[/name]! I think it is further removed from [name]Louis[/name] than [name]Louisa[/name] is, so that resolves my concern there
[name]Caitlin[/name] - not a good fit with your boys, imo, and even [name]Caitlin[/name] [name]Tate[/name] is too rhyme-y for me, much less if someone shortens it to [name]Cait[/name].
[name]Beatrice[/name] - a good fit but not my favorite name, personally.

[name]William[/name], [name]Alexander[/name], [name]Henry[/name], and [name]Susannah[/name]*** my favorite!
[name]William[/name], [name]Alexander[/name], [name]Henry[/name], and [name]Eloise[/name]
[name]William[/name], [name]Alexander[/name], [name]Tobias[/name] and [name]Susannah[/name]
[name]William[/name], [name]Alexander[/name], [name]Tobias[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name]

Thank you for all your lovely replies. You don’t know how refreshing it is to hear them after getting so many comments on how boring our name choices are. Here is how we stand right now after reading replies:
Boys:
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Hayden[/name] - both of our favorite and the alliteration doesn’t seem to bother you berries so we can get away with it.
[name]Tobias[/name] [name]Hayden[/name] - love this name, but think [name]Henry[/name] suits our name style better, but will keep it on the list.

Girls:
[name]Susannah[/name] [name]Jane[/name] - my favorite name on the list.
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Jane[/name] - your favorite choice.
[name]Eloisa[/name] [name]Jane[/name] - [name]Chase[/name]'s favorite name.

I am so happy everything is being shortened. Now we just have to figure it down to two!
Thanks so much for your help and keep the comments coming.
[name]Brianna[/name] and [name]Chase[/name]

Your names are timeless and elegant, which outclasses hip and trendy ANY day! With your boys’ names, I prefer other names that retain that classic feel. I feel the best matches are…

and

Didn’t see [name]Henry[/name] initially, but love that as well. [name]Tobias[/name] seems more ‘pioneer Biblical’, while [name]Henry[/name] fits the ‘classic royalty’ style of your other boys’ names.

Didn’t see [name]Henry[/name] initially, but love that as well. [name]Tobias[/name] seems more ‘pioneer Biblical’, while [name]Henry[/name] fits the ‘classic royalty’ style of your other boys’ names.

I don’t think you can make a poor decision. All of the names you have narrowed down are beautiful. I do prefer [name]Henry[/name] to [name]Tobias[/name], but they are both nice names. I don’t think of myself as synesthetic but for some reason the only way I can think to explain what I am thinking is like this: [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Tobias[/name] each bring a different color to your sibset. [name]William[/name], [name]Alexander[/name] and [name]Henry[/name] is a deep red or navy blue, while [name]William[/name], [name]Alexander[/name] and [name]Tobias[/name] is more of an army green or burnt yellow. The name you choose will simply depend on which feel is more attractive to you.

I absolutely adore all of your girls names.

As a set of three, you can’t go wrong any way. Here’s a look at if you had four.

[name]William[/name], [name]Alexander[/name], [name]Henry[/name], [name]Susannah[/name] - love
[name]William[/name], [name]Alexander[/name], [name]Henry[/name], [name]Louisa[/name] - love
[name]William[/name], [name]Alexander[/name], [name]Henry[/name], [name]Eloisa[/name] - cool pattern! the syllables of the names follow the pattern 2-4-2-4
[name]William[/name], [name]Alexander[/name], [name]Tobias[/name], [name]Susannah[/name]
[name]William[/name], [name]Alexander[/name], [name]Tobias[/name], [name]Louisa[/name]
[name]William[/name], [name]Alexander[/name], [name]Tobias[/name], [name]Eloisa[/name]

After looking at all the combinations I have just a couple questions:

1. Is there a possibility of you having a fourth child?
  2. Would the very slight difference between the beginning sounds of [name]Alexander[/name] and [name]Eloisa[/name] become a tongue twister? ([name]Al[/name] and [name]El[/name])

I don’t think you can make a poor decision. All of the names you have narrowed down are beautiful. I do prefer [name]Henry[/name] to [name]Tobias[/name], but they are both nice names. I don’t think of myself as synesthetic but for some reason the only way I can think to explain what I am thinking is like this: [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Tobias[/name] each bring a different color to your sibset. [name]William[/name], [name]Alexander[/name] and [name]Henry[/name] is a deep red or navy blue, while [name]William[/name], [name]Alexander[/name] and [name]Tobias[/name] is more of an army green or burnt yellow. The name you choose will simply depend on which feel is more attractive to you.

I absolutely adore all of your girls names.

As a set of three, you can’t go wrong any way. Here’s a look at if you had four.

[name]William[/name], [name]Alexander[/name], [name]Henry[/name], [name]Susannah[/name] - love
[name]William[/name], [name]Alexander[/name], [name]Henry[/name], [name]Louisa[/name] - love
[name]William[/name], [name]Alexander[/name], [name]Henry[/name], [name]Eloisa[/name] - cool pattern! the syllables of the names follow the pattern 2-4-2-4
[name]William[/name], [name]Alexander[/name], [name]Tobias[/name], [name]Susannah[/name]
[name]William[/name], [name]Alexander[/name], [name]Tobias[/name], [name]Louisa[/name]
[name]William[/name], [name]Alexander[/name], [name]Tobias[/name], [name]Eloisa[/name]

After looking at all the combinations I have just a couple questions:

1. Is there a possibility of you having a fourth child?
  2. Would the very slight difference between the beginning sounds of [name]Alexander[/name] and [name]Eloisa[/name] become a tongue twister? ([name]Al[/name] and [name]El[/name])

I think [name]William[/name], [name]Alexander[/name] and [name]Henry[/name] seem to be the greatest fit for brothers! From your girls list, [name]Louisa[/name] has the same feel for me and would fit in so nicely with them! I love some of your other names (like [name]Eloisa[/name]!) but they just doesn’t feel the same way. I think [name]Susannah[/name] would be my next pick, style wise.

Ha ha I never did notice the [name]Al[/name] and [name]El[/name] connection. It would be a bit of a tongue twister. I think that that might be pushing [name]Eloisa[/name] out.
And yes we are planning on having six children so at least one more pregnancy.