My boy name list is out of control đŸ˜©

[name_u]Baby[/name_u] #5 on the way
4th boy. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband and I are historically HORRIBLE at naming boys. Both #1 and #2 were named within an hour of being discharged from the hospital and #3 was given a ‘placeholder’ name just so we could get a certificate of birth from the hospital and his name wasn’t officially decided until he was almost 6 months old. To say we need some help is an understatement!

Our current kids are:
[name_u]Landon[/name_u] [name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_f]Lilah[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_u]Greyson[/name_u] [name_m]David[/name_m] (goes by [name_u]Grey[/name_u])
[name_u]Corbin[/name_u] [name_m]Samuel[/name_m]

While naming each kiddo we attempted to go with names we hadn’t heard of before and in our minds were a bit off the beaten path but not too out there. (However
you’ll realize we must have been living under a rock with how popular the 1st two boys names ended up being :woman_facepalming:t3:) MNs are all honor names which we’ll do for this baby as well. (And yes, we seem to stick with the 2 syllables for first and middle and ‘n’ ending names)

Thoughts on my current list below? It’s all over the place with no rhyme or reason, just names I either liked from my previous pregnancies or new ones I thought were nifty. So totally open to any and all suggestions.

[name_m]Graham[/name_m]
[name_u]Rylan[/name_u]/Ryland/Rhylen
[name_m]Nolen[/name_m]
[name_m]Bryson[/name_m]/Brycen
[name_m]Nash[/name_m]
[name_m]Mateo[/name_m]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
[name_m]Torin[/name_m]
[name_u]Orion[/name_u]
[name_u]Kieran[/name_u]
[name_u]Griffin[/name_u]
[name_f]Valen[/name_f]
[name_m]Casen[/name_m]/Kyson
Breven/Brevin

MN honor options:
[name_u]James[/name_u], [name_u]Jesse[/name_u]/Jay, [name_m]Keith[/name_m], [name_u]Cruz[/name_u], [name_m]Orval[/name_m], [name_m]Ward[/name_m], [name_m]Edward[/name_m], [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] (last 4 feel veeeery old to me)

4 Likes

Some favorites on your list for the vibe you have going here:

Graham
[name_m]Mateo[/name_m]
[name_m]Torin[/name_m]
[name_u]Orion[/name_u]
[name_u]Kieran[/name_u]

Some combos with these and your honor names (* is my favorite combo for each):

Graham [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] (or [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Graham[/name_m]!)*
[name_m]Graham[/name_m] [name_m]Orval[/name_m]

Mateo [name_u]Cruz[/name_u]*
[name_m]Mateo[/name_m] [name_m]Keith[/name_m]
[name_m]Mateo[/name_m] [name_m]Ward[/name_m]

Torin [name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_m]Torin[/name_m] [name_u]Jesse[/name_u]
[name_m]Torin[/name_m] [name_u]Jay[/name_u]*
[name_m]Torin[/name_m] [name_u]Cruz[/name_u]

Orion [name_u]James[/name_u]*
[name_u]Orion[/name_u] [name_u]Jay[/name_u]
[name_u]Orion[/name_u] [name_u]Cruz[/name_u]

Kieran [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]
[name_u]Kieran[/name_u] [name_u]Jesse[/name_u]
[name_u]Kieran[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u]*
[name_u]Kieran[/name_u] [name_m]Orval[/name_m]
[name_u]Kieran[/name_u] [name_m]Ward[/name_m]
[name_u]Kieran[/name_u] [name_m]Edward[/name_m]

1 Like

I love [name_u]Kieran[/name_u] for you!! [name_u]Kieran[/name_u] [name_u]Cruz[/name_u] and [name_u]Kieran[/name_u] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] are both so cool and handsome to me

1 Like

Rowan, Noleand [name_u]Griffin[/name_u] are great!! [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_u]Jesse[/name_u], [name_m]Nolen[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] and [name_u]Griffin[/name_u] [name_u]Cruz[/name_u]!!

Byron, [name_u]Paxton[/name_u], [name_m]Gethin[/name_m], [name_m]Stellan[/name_m] and [name_m]Harlan[/name_m] came to mind

1 Like

I would probably go with [name_m]Torin[/name_m] if you want to go more unusual (although I love [name_u]Orion[/name_u] and [name_u]Griffin[/name_u] and [name_m]Ciaran[/name_m] spelled the Irish way too, not personally fond of the K spelling) as it’s barely scraping the US top 1000. Also [name_m]Torin[/name_m] keeps your two syllable vibe. For an honour middle I think [name_m]Edward[/name_m] and [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] probably have the nicest sound combined with [name_m]Torin[/name_m] but you don’t seem sold on them for your personal style, so maybe go with [name_m]Torin[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] as you don’t feel that one is too old fashioned.

I think [name_m]Graham[/name_m] is probably too close to [name_u]Grayson[/name_u] to use. It’s hard to choose once you get to this many kids! I’m pregnant with number four and I had to cross Isolde off my list because it’s too close to Isadora and Ariadne as it’s a bit too close to Alaric.

2 Likes

[name_m]Ryland[/name_m] [name_m]Ward[/name_m] OR [name_m]Brevin[/name_m] [name_u]Cruz[/name_u] would make a fabulous addition to your sibset

A few more

[name_u]Landon[/name_u], [name_f]Lilah[/name_f], [name_u]Greyson[/name_u], [name_u]Corbin[/name_u], & ______:

[name_m]Harland[/name_m] [name_u]Jay[/name_u]
[name_m]Benton[/name_m] [name_m]Ward[/name_m]
[name_u]Jensen[/name_u] [name_m]Keith[/name_m]
[name_m]Fintan[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_m]Nevin[/name_m] [name_m]Edward[/name_m]
[name_u]Dustin[/name_u] [name_m]Orval[/name_m]
[name_u]Keaton[/name_u] [name_u]Cruz[/name_u]
[name_m]Quinton[/name_m] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]
[name_u]Tobin[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_u]Aspen[/name_u] [name_m]Edward[/name_m]
[name_m]Bowen[/name_m] [name_u]Jay[/name_u]
[name_u]Brennan[/name_u] [name_u]Cruz[/name_u]
[name_m]Royston[/name_m] [name_u]Cruz[/name_u]
[name_u]Brighton[/name_u] [name_m]Ward[/name_m]
[name_u]Evren[/name_u] [name_u]Cruz[/name_u]
[name_m]Breckin[/name_m] [name_m]Ward[/name_m]
[name_u]Houston[/name_u] [name_u]Cruz[/name_u]
[name_m]Gibson[/name_m] [name_m]Keith[/name_m]

1 Like

Orion [name_u]James[/name_u] or [name_u]Griffin[/name_u] [name_u]Jesse[/name_u] get my vote

1 Like

From the sounds of it, the pattern of two syllable first names ending in ‘n’ for your boys was complete coincidence. Name patterns can be pleasing, but they can also limit the names you consider. I think it would be great to break up the pattern and introduce some new sounds to the set. If you and your husband are open to doing that, here are some ideas in keeping with the styles in your list:

[name_u]Emmett[/name_u], [name_u]Brooks[/name_u], [name_u]Jasper[/name_u], [name_u]Chase[/name_u], [name_u]Rhys[/name_u], [name_u]Jonah[/name_u], [name_u]Wade[/name_u], [name_u]River[/name_u], [name_u]Tate[/name_u], [name_u]Bennett[/name_u], [name_m]Knox[/name_m], [name_u]Spencer[/name_u], [name_u]Ellis[/name_u], [name_m]Otto[/name_m], [name_u]Wilder[/name_u], Quincy, Isaac, Wells

3 Likes

You’ve a great list!
When I say them, [name_m]Graham[/name_m], [name_m]Bryson[/name_m] and [name_u]Griffin[/name_u] sound a bit much like [name_u]Greyson[/name_u] and [name_m]Torin[/name_m] like [name_u]Corbin[/name_u], so I personally wouldn’t use those.
I really like [name_u]Orion[/name_u] and [name_m]Mateo[/name_m] and I think [name_u]Orion[/name_u] fits perfectly with your kids’ names. I think [name_u]James[/name_u] is a good middle name for [name_u]Orion[/name_u].

1 Like

you have great options!

since you’re looking to narrow down, i will nitpick a bit.
casen and greyson seems like overkill.
graham is too similar to grey.
torin seems a bit similar to corbin as well, might be all those shared letters?

top picks from your list:
ryland jay, ryland cruz, ryland ward
griffin jesse, griffin edward
valen cruz, valen arthur - valen arthur especially sounds to me like a fairytale

other ideas:
kyland orval
lachlan james
crispin jesse
caspian jesse
lincoln arthur
clinton jay

i second the suggestions of harlan, bowen and evren!

1 Like

I originally thought [name_u]Ramsey[/name_u] would fit nicely too

1 Like

Hi there.

Here are my thoughts on your list:

Graham-I like this. It’s sweet & quiet & solid. I do think that it may be too close to [name_u]Grey[/name_u] though. Also, you will have two Gs & two Ls & one C. Probably not a big deal, just something to consider.

Rylan/Ryland/Rhylen-Meh, not my style. A bit trendy & made-up-y.

Nolen-I love love love it, but what’s wrong w/Nolan? That’s the more common spelling for simplicity sake. [name_u]Nolan[/name_u] is so strong, handsome, sporty & still has this air of gentle-ness. It’s perfect w/your crew.

Bryson/Brycen-See [name_u]Rylan[/name_u]. [name_m]Just[/name_m] [name_u]Bryce[/name_u] would probably be okay.

Nash-I like Bash, [name_m]Cash[/name_m] & [name_u]Dash[/name_u], but not [name_m]Nash[/name_m] for some reason. It’s one of those cowboy names that reminds me of a mean cowboy & not a fun cool cowboy.

Mateo-Super cute name. Maybe a different vibe from the rest of your kids’, but if you like it’s not a huge problem. More popular than you may think.

Rowan-Ooh, I like this. It’s nature-y & gentle yet strong & outdoorsy. Simple & not too terribly over done. Rising the charts a bit. Fits in really well w/your kids’ names.

Torin-It’s okay. Doesn’t do much for me, & kind of rhymes w/Corbin.

Orion-I like this in theory more than I actually like saying it for some reason. And I think it will be mispronounced & misspelled a lot.

Kieran-[name_u]Love[/name_u] this one. It’s my nephew’s name. It’s not too popular though, I don’t think. I do prefer [name_m]Ciaran[/name_m]. Either way, is it too close to [name_u]Corbin[/name_u]?

Griffin-Another G issue, & I don’t know why, but I don’t like [name_u]Griffin[/name_u]. Actually, I do know why. It reminds me of the word gruff. Too close to [name_u]Greyson[/name_u] too.

Valen-Not my cup of tea, & sounds a bit girly.

Casen/Kyson-See [name_m]Bryson[/name_m]. I love just [name_u]Casey[/name_u]!

Breven-/Brevin-Meh, I don’t care for it.

Here are a few ideas that you may like:

Austin

Asher

Brendan

Brennan

Beckett nn [name_u]Kit[/name_u]

Bastian nn Bash

Dylan

Declan nn [name_m]Dex[/name_m]

Dexter nn [name_m]Dex[/name_m]

Emmett

Ellis

Finn

Holden

Kai

Keats

Levi

Owen

Rafe

Rider

River

Ronan

Sullivan nn [name_u]Sully[/name_u]

Tristan

Wyatt

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I prefer [name_u]Valor[/name_u] or [name_u]Valentine[/name_u]/Valentino to [name_f]Valen[/name_f].

1 Like

Wow, and [name_u]Greyson[/name_u] is huge where I live too! [name_f]Do[/name_f] [name_u]Landon[/name_u] or [name_u]Corbin[/name_u] go by nicknames? If they did, you might not feel constrained to go with the n ending name.

Of the names you listed, I like best with your boys:

Nash
[name_m]Torin[/name_m]
[name_u]Orion[/name_u]

I adore [name_m]Graham[/name_m] most, but then you’d have two g’s.

Some of the others are too popular for me and/or spelled in a way I don’t favor. Since you went with traditional spellings of your boys’ names, I’d prefer [name_u]Nolan[/name_u], [name_u]Carson[/name_u], etc.

What about
[name_m]Nash[/name_m] [name_m]Ward[/name_m]
[name_u]Orion[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u] or [name_u]Orion[/name_u] [name_u]Jay[/name_u] (I love [name_u]Jamison[/name_u] as a middle or first too)
[name_m]Torin[/name_m] [name_u]Jesse[/name_u]

1 Like

Congratulations!

Landon, Lilah, Greyson, Corbin, and

Nash Arthur
Jesse Nash (we almost named out son this)

Charles Nash?

Rowan Keith
Arthur Rowan
Rowan James

Orion Arthur
Orion Edward
Edward Orion

Jesse Valen
Valen Cruz
Valen James

Edward Graham

1 Like

Rowan and [name_u]Rylan[/name_u] are both on my name list too
I like [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u] and [name_u]Rylan[/name_u] [name_m]Keith[/name_m]

1 Like

So you and I must be long lost twins. I’m currently pregnant with #5, boy #4. Our daughter is also [name_f]Lila[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f]. Our other boys names were not common at the time and became super popular two syllable names ending in “n”. And [name_u]Greyson[/name_u] was on our list for this baby. So not surprising at all that I love your list. [name_f]My[/name_f] favorites are [name_u]Griffin[/name_u], [name_u]Rowan[/name_u], and [name_m]Graham[/name_m]! Good luck!!

1 Like

I love [name_m]Kieren[/name_m] or [name_u]Kieran[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u]

2 Likes

I admittedly didn’t read all your responses. But I feel the best thing I would do now is settle on the middle name.

With your middle names although all honor names seem to have a style to themselves—— well known names with biblical roots. That said Infeel that absolute best middle to fit with your sibset would be [name_u]James[/name_u]. Which your in luck [name_u]James[/name_u] is one of those names that turns anything into a winner. Stick with [name_u]James[/name_u]! But if not settle on the middle first.

I would definitely nix those that don’t end in an n. And this point the n-ending is expected and suits the sibset well. My favorite from your list is Orion. My one hesitation about it is the on ending which would make Corbin the odd man out. I would mix Torin and Bryson as they seem too similar to Corbin and Greyson.

So Orion James would be my first pick and then Griffin James.

I think you ended up doing a beautiful job with your children’s names.
Out of your list I love [name_u]Griffin[/name_u] and instantly think of [name_u]Griffin[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u] as a nice complement to your current sibling names. Best of luck.