My Boys List (Opinions and suggestions welcome)

Hello, thank you for taking the time to look at this tread. I’m not pregnant or expecting, naming is just sort of a hobby of mine. I was wondering if you would be willing to give your opinion on my list and help me come up with some middle names. I’m open to suggestions. I’m looking for more names but I am having a hard time finding some I like, perhaps because I have no idea what my naming style is. Thank you in advance!
My List:
[name]Njord[/name],
[name]Vidar[/name],
[name]Havard[/name],
[name]Ivar[/name],
[name]Haldor[/name],
[name]Vilhelm[/name],
[name]Sergius[/name],
[name]Tiberius[/name],
[name]Valdemar[/name],
[name]Thorstein[/name],
[name]Fergus[/name],
[name]Gustav[/name],
Sverre,
Eckhart,
[name]Alvar[/name],
[name]Alasdair[/name],
[name]Lucius[/name],
[name]Alfred[/name]

I like [name]Fergus[/name], [name]Alvar[/name], [name]Alasdair[/name], [name]Lucius[/name] , and [name]Alfred[/name] the best.

Suggestions:
[name]Bertram[/name]
[name]Bayard[/name]
[name]Alvin[/name]
[name]Julius[/name]
[name]Angus[/name]
[name]Magnus[/name]
[name]Augustus[/name]
[name]Thorsten[/name]
[name]Marius[/name]
[name]Titus[/name]
[name]Phineas[/name]
[name]Erasmus[/name]

I like [name]Ivar[/name] (also [name]Ifor[/name] etc) and [name]Alfred[/name] best. Also spotted a long-time-like, [name]Gregor[/name], in your signature. [name]Njord[/name] is really interesting and [name]Tiberius[/name] is growing on me rapidly. [name]Alasdair[/name] is nice but very normal in comparison with the others. Have a personal dislike of letter ‘v’ and also the ‘gus’ sound, so that rules a few out for me! But I also like [name]Thor[/name]/[name]Tor[/name] names and found the cute Tormy a while ago. Like previous poster, [name]Magnus[/name] seems a similar style and my other Scandinavian-themed favourites include [name]Oskar[/name], [name]Ebbe[/name] and [name]Leif[/name]. They might be a bit boring for you? Not sure I understand the art/science of combining first and middle names yet, so won’t even try! Have fun :slight_smile:

I like [name]Ivar[/name], [name]Vilhelm[/name], [name]Sergius[/name], [name]Gustav[/name], Sverre, [name]Alvar[/name], [name]Alasdair[/name], and [name]Lucius[/name]. I [name]ADORE[/name] [name]Gustav[/name] and [name]Alasdair[/name].

Wowzah! You like those heavy names! Neat list though.

[name]Njord[/name] - Means “north” right? It IS very close to “nerd” which might be something to consider if you care about potential teasing. A friend of mine just used [name]Fjord[/name] as a middle name. I think it’s got a lovely sound.
[name]Vidar[/name] - Interesting name, but the sound doesn’t appeal to me. [name]Do[/name] you like [name]Odin[/name]?
[name]Havard[/name] - sounds like a cross between “hazard” and “[name]Harvard[/name]”
[name]Ivar[/name] - I like this one a lot. Wonderful meaning. Yew trees and bows and arrows! Cool.
[name]Haldor[/name] - I think this is an interesting, strong name. Being from the [name]East[/name] Coast, it does slightly remind me of Caldor, the chain of stores (much like Walmart.)
[name]Vilhelm[/name] - I think of [name]Kaiser[/name] [name]Wilhelm[/name]. Not great.
[name]Sergius[/name] - I prefer [name]Sergei[/name].
[name]Tiberius[/name] - Really fun in that it’s got some of that hip unwieldiness that you like, but also a nature name.
[name]Valdemar[/name] - Isn’t this the villain of the [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] series?
[name]Thorstein[/name] - Feels a little nerdy to me. I prefer [name]Torsten[/name], just [name]Thor[/name], or [name]Hawthorne[/name].
[name]Fergus[/name] - NMS. Intensely Scottish. If I were going to go for a Scottish name, I might prefer [name]Alasdair[/name], [name]Donald[/name], [name]Malcolm[/name], [name]Archibald[/name], or… [name]Duff[/name]!
[name]Gustav[/name] - A little too royal for my taste, but it’s one very dignified way to get the nickname [name]Gus[/name].
Sverre - I don’t think it would translate well to an American audience.
Eckhart - Tolle. No. [name]How[/name] about just [name]Hart[/name]?
[name]Alvar[/name] - Mm. I think of [name]Alvar[/name] [name]Aalto[/name]. [name]Love[/name] it. Great sounding name.
[name]Alasdair[/name] - Yes definitely.
[name]Lucius[/name] - Sure. Nice name. I prefer [name]Lucien[/name].
[name]Alfred[/name] - Not quite on the same level as some of your other adventuresome names, but [name]Alfred[/name] is fine.

[name]Ernst[/name]? [name]Sindri[/name]?

[name]Christabel[/name] - Thank you for your suggestions. i love [name]Bertram[/name], [name]Angus[/name], [name]Magnus[/name], [name]Augustus[/name], and [name]Thorsten[/name]!
bob=kate - As I love the letter v, you’ll definitely have a hard time with my list! I also love [name]Thor[/name] names. I like [name]Ebbe[/name], I also like [name]Ebba[/name] for a girl. Thank you!
emmabobemma- I do love heavy/hard sounding names quite a lot. I love [name]Odin[/name], but would be hesitant to use it. Not sure why. I much prefer [name]Lucius[/name] to [name]Lucien[/name], actually. I’ve never heard of Caldor, but thank you for bringing up the concern! [name]Sindri[/name], looks interesting, I’ll look more into it…Thank you for all your feedback, I can tell you put a lot of effort and time in!
Thank you everyone!

[name]Njord[/name]: Norse god of the wind & the sea. I like it very much.
[name]Vidar[/name]: Another Norse god (vengeance), but this is a very common middle aged man name in Norway, so less “mystic” to me. Still a good name.
[name]Havard[/name]: Aah, Håvard. I like this name. It’s very cool, had a nice little revival in Norway among “old money” people.
[name]Ivar[/name]: Nice, sort of the same group as [name]Vidar[/name] for me. I like the meaning though, and it has a nice sound. I prefer [name]Iver[/name], fresher and more modern.
[name]Haldor[/name]: I never hear this one, quite cool. Halvor is another alternative.
[name]Vilhelm[/name] - Oooh, [name]Vilhelm[/name]! [name]Love[/name] this one.
[name]Sergius[/name] - Definitely prefer [name]Sergei[/name].
[name]Tiberius[/name] - [name]Love[/name]! On my own list. [name]Love[/name] the dude and the river.
[name]Valdemar[/name] - Eeh, never liked this one much. Reminds me of old boiled carrots.
[name]Thorstein[/name] - This is nice. Old fashioned norwegian name.
[name]Fergus[/name] - Angry red bearded [name]Scot[/name]? I don’t like this (or [name]Angus[/name]) such stereotypical names. I love [name]Emma[/name]'s suggestions, plus [name]Innes[/name].
[name]Gustav[/name] - I love this! I know a fabulous [name]Gustav[/name].
Sverre - Another favourite. Sverre is cool. I had a major crush on an actor named Sverre when I was five.
Eckhart - Eh, no please. [name]Hart[/name] would be good though.
[name]Alvar[/name] - My way way favourite on your list. [name]Alvar[/name] is seriously cool. I know a bad ass one.
[name]Alasdair[/name] - [name]Love[/name] this one too. Though I prefer [name]Alastair[/name], but I’m not a [name]Scot[/name] so that might be why.
[name]Lucius[/name] - Aah, [name]Lucius[/name]. I love [name]Lucius[/name]. Second favourite on your list. The sheer beauty of this name makes me smile.
[name]Alfred[/name] - [name]Alfred[/name]… he’s the good nice man in [name]Astrid[/name] Lindgren’s [name]Emil[/name] books. Such a great name.

Suggestions (based on the fact that I think you like Norwegian names):
Eskil
Vetle
[name]Sondre[/name]
Snorre
Brage
Amund
Ingolf
[name]Mikkel[/name]
[name]Ragnar[/name]
Sofus