My (Current) Boys List

I’m new to these boards, but have been a fan of this site for some time. I am a long, long ways away from having a child, but as a name nerd and compulsive list-maker, I thought it time to get some feedback on some of my favorite boys names. Thanks!

[name]Amos[/name]
[name]August[/name]
[name]Callum[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name]
[name]Emmett[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]James[/name]
[name]John[/name]/[name]Jack[/name]
[name]Jude[/name]
[name]Julian[/name]/[name]Julius[/name]
[name]Quinn[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Wesley[/name]
[name]William[/name]

[name]Amos[/name]- This is one of those names that me knowning and typically thinking in anatomy/medical terms automaticaly i read as some medical term. So instead of [name]Amos[/name] i read Anus. And i just cant get over that.

[name]August[/name]- I like [name]August[/name] on paper, but saying it sounds off to me

[name]Callum[/name]- [name]AH[/name] i [name]LOVE[/name] callum! Such a handsome scottish name!

[name]Elliot[/name]- Scrubs has forever labled this a girls name to me:( which is unfortunate cause i remember one show i watched (i cannot remember the name) in which there was a male [name]Elliot[/name] but seeing as scrubs is more recent it became feminine for me/ i would i could view it as masculine again though

[name]Emmett[/name]- I like this name. The sound of it, i love.

[name]Henry[/name]- Eh i dont like names like this. Not my personal style but overall is a lovely name

[name]James[/name]- This is a very handsome name, though i prefere it as a middle name

[name]John[/name]/[name]Jack[/name]- I prefere [name]Jack[/name] to [name]John[/name] and instead of just [name]John[/name], [name]Johnathan[/name]. I really love [name]Jack[/name] its a very simple handsome name to me and [name]Johnathan[/name] is a always sure classicly handsome name

[name]Jude[/name]- I like this name, very handsome and boyish

[name]Julian[/name]/[name]Julius[/name]- Eh this is one thats OK but not my favorite

[name]Quinn[/name]- This is another thats gone to the girls for me

[name]Rowan[/name]- I like [name]Rowan[/name] and [name]Roman[/name] i think they are both handsome names

[name]Wesley[/name]- I really like this name! II feel it has a very nice flow and is masculine but not overly masculine.

[name]William[/name]- This seems like a filler boys middle name to me. Its very handsome but its like the [name]Rose[/name] of the boys, [name]Michael[/name] is the [name]Marie[/name] of boys. haha

My favorites are [name]Callum[/name], [name]Jack[/name], [name]Johnathan[/name], and [name]Wesley[/name]

A name you may like (the first i thought of when reading your list), [name]Pierce[/name]. WDYT?

Okay, let’s see…

[name]Amos[/name] - [name]Love[/name] [name]Amos[/name]! So refined and handsome whilst still feeling familiar. Also love Amios.

[name]August[/name] - Again, [name]Love[/name]! Such a creative and whimsical name yet with a strong and established feel. The only concern I have with it is using it for a child who is born in [name]October[/name] for example.

[name]Callum[/name] - I really like [name]Callum[/name] but not quite in love. It feels friendly and accessible but definitely not overused. I think it’s a great name but it’s just missing that little something extra for me.

[name]Elliot[/name] - I would have to agree with the previous poster that this name is far too feminine to me now. I still think it would work, as maybe a reference to T.S [name]Eliot[/name]. Maybe spelt [name]Eliot[/name] would make it more masculine too, just an idea.

[name]Emmett[/name] - [name]Pleasant[/name]… There isn’t much more for me to say really.

[name]Henry[/name] - Everyone’s favourite! Here on nameberry anyway. [name]Henry[/name] reeks class to me, it’s such a three dimensional name; handsome, friendly and with history. Would seem like the perfect choice.

[name]James[/name] - So tempting! The meaning kind of kills it for me and its’ extreme popularity but it has the same feel as [name]Henry[/name] to me. You will definitely never have any problems with the name [name]James[/name], it seems ‘safe’ if you know what I mean. Plus there are several cute nns [name]Jamie[/name], [name]Jimmy[/name] or [name]Jim[/name].

[name]John[/name]/[name]Jack[/name] - I use [name]John[/name] nn [name]Jack[/name] then you have the best of both worlds. [name]John[/name] is a timeless classic and [name]Jack[/name] is such a youthful, vibrant name that would be great for a kid or kid at heart:) [name]Jack[/name] just doesn’t feel substantial enough to me to be anything other than a nn either for [name]John[/name] or [name]Jackson[/name].

[name]Jude[/name] - Same as [name]Jack[/name], love to pieces as a nn. [name]Julian[/name] nn [name]Jude[/name] is amazingly handsome.

[name]Julian[/name]/[name]Julius[/name] - [name]Julian[/name] and see above.

[name]Quinn[/name] - Same as [name]Elliot[/name] I’m afraid.

[name]Rowan[/name] - Ditto although this one does still retain masculinity to a degree.

[name]Wesley[/name] - Not a fan but it is very dignified.

[name]William[/name] - The ultimate classic. You can’t go wrong with [name]William[/name].

Great list you have there:) My favourites: [name]Amos[/name], [name]August[/name], [name]Henry[/name], [name]John[/name] nn [name]Jack[/name], [name]Julian[/name] nn [name]Jude[/name] and [name]William[/name].

• [name]Charlie[/name]

[name]Amos[/name]-- I don’t like [name]Amos[/name].
[name]August[/name]-- Not a fan…I just don’t like month names
[name]Callum[/name]-- [name]Callum[/name]'s okay
[name]Elliot[/name]-- I prefer [name]Elias[/name] over [name]Elliot[/name] as an ‘[name]Eli[/name]’ name, but this is okay…
[name]Emmett[/name]-- love [name]Emmett[/name] =)
[name]Henry[/name]-- my absolute favorite name!
[name]James[/name]-- very popular, but still a nice name
[name]John[/name]/[name]Jack[/name]-- I don’t like [name]John[/name] so much as [name]Jack[/name]
[name]Jude[/name]-- I like [name]Jude[/name]…
[name]Julian[/name]/[name]Julius[/name]-- I don’t like these…
[name]Quinn[/name]-- I don’t like [name]Quinn[/name]…
[name]Rowan[/name]-- [name]Rowan[/name]'s okay…
[name]Wesley[/name]-- I don’t like [name]Wesley[/name]
[name]William[/name]-- a nice name, but VERY popular

Good luck!

I like:
[name]Amos[/name] (thought it reminds me of cookies)
[name]Callum[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name]
[name]Quinn[/name]

[name]Hi[/name]! :slight_smile:

[name]Amos[/name]: I like some of your others more…
[name]August[/name]: I love it!
[name]Callum[/name]: Ditto…
[name]Elliot[/name]: Ditto…
[name]Emmett[/name]: I like some of the others more…
[name]Henry[/name]: [name]LOVE[/name]! [name]LOVE[/name]! [name]LOVE[/name]!
[name]James[/name]: [name]Love[/name]…
[name]John[/name]/[name]Jack[/name]: [name]Love[/name]…
[name]Jude[/name]: Ditto…
[name]Julian[/name]/[name]Julius[/name]: I think it’s handsome…
[name]Quinn[/name]: I think this one is going to the girls…
[name]Rowan[/name]: I think it’s handsome…
[name]Wesley[/name]: I like this, too…
[name]William[/name]: [name]Love[/name]…

Great list! :slight_smile:

Take care!

[name]Amos[/name] - there is a joke i know and the punchline ‘A mosquito’ - can’t do it!
[name]August[/name] - feels a bit feminine to me
[name]Callum[/name] - love this name, not too common, but a great traditional name with spunk for a child or an adult
[name]Elliot[/name] - this is in my top ten, love it
[name]Emmett[/name] - too American for me, i’m in Australia
[name]Henry[/name] - i love this name, but not for my child, if it works with your last name and your lifestyle go for it - i quite like [name]Harry[/name] as a nn too.
[name]James[/name] - will always be a great name, never goes out of style
[name]John[/name]/[name]Jack[/name] - [name]Jack[/name] is too common for me, [name]John[/name] to old fashioned, but fantastic in the middle
[name]Jude[/name] - love this one too, but probably more as a mn
[name]Julian[/name]/[name]Julius[/name] - like [name]Julian[/name], but find [name]Julius[/name] a bit too [name]Roman[/name]
[name]Quinn[/name] - i really like this, i think its a great surname name that will never become too popular or common
[name]Rowan[/name] - i like this too, but I do know a girl with this name so it feels a bit feminine
[name]Wesley[/name]- this is in my top ten, really love it, particularly the nn [name]Wes[/name]
[name]William[/name] - Not a huge fan, good as a mn though.

This is fun hey? :slight_smile:

This is a great list. I like all of these names so I’m not going to comment on all of them. I’m happy to see [name]Amos[/name] on your list! I think it’s such a cool name. Biblical names are so popular I am surprised that this isn’t being used more.

[name]Amos[/name] - I’m not a fan and always have to sound it out in my head for some reason.
[name]August[/name] - Not a fan, also don’t like the nn. [name]Gus[/name].
[name]Callum[/name] - [name]Love[/name] [name]Calum[/name] but only spelt this way! Such a cute name.
[name]Elliot[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Elliot[/name]. I don’t think of it as a female’s name, but I strong, classic, accesible boy’s name. One of my top picks!
[name]Emmett[/name] - Eh, not a fan.
[name]Henry[/name] - [name]Henry[/name] is very cute, such a classic, but SO popular right now.
[name]James[/name] - Such a classic.
[name]John[/name]/[name]Jack[/name] - Not a fan of [name]John[/name], [name]Jack[/name] is cute but too short.
[name]Jude[/name] - Like [name]Jude[/name], more as a mn rather than a first.
[name]Julian[/name]/[name]Julius[/name] - I like [name]Julian[/name] but I wouldn’t rave about it. [name]Julius[/name], not a fan.
[name]Quinn[/name] - I like [name]Quinn[/name], but it does seem more fem to me.
[name]Rowan[/name] - [name]Rowan[/name] is so cute.
[name]Wesley[/name] - Not a fan at all, it sounds so weird to me!
[name]William[/name] - I love [name]William[/name], it is so handsome and such a classic.