My daughters' names

I have two daughters.

My oldest daughter is named [name]Lauryn[/name] [name]Brooke[/name]. She was named this simply because I loved the name [name]Lauren[/name] but wanted her to have a Y like I do in my name. Also, all the girls in my family have “y’s” in their name. My dh would not let me use my favorite name ([name]Natalie[/name]) so [name]Lauryn[/name] was a close 2nd. Dh loved it as well so it was the obvious choice for her first name. [name]Brooke[/name] he chose and I agreed to it because we liked the Br sound with the first name- and it was different from [name]Nicole[/name], [name]Elizabeth[/name], and [name]Ashley[/name] which are so overused with the name [name]Lauren[/name].

Our second daughter was much harder to name. We really didn’t like any names on each other’s lists- and originally dh veto’ed all family names. One name that we both liked was the name [name]Beth[/name]- however we have a one syllable last name and [name]Beth[/name] sounded too flat with it. I love the name [name]Elizabeth[/name] but dh didn’t. So we finally settled on [name]Bethany[/name]- a huge compromise for me. I wanted something that sounded more trendy like [name]Lauryn[/name] but we just couldn’t agree on anything. For her middle name, we chose to honor his Mom and gave her the middle name [name]Rose[/name]. Of course, now it is overused (my [name]Bethany[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is 11)- but we loved it with [name]Bethany[/name] and she turned out to look a lot like the grandmother for whom she was named! At first everytime I heard the name [name]Bethany[/name] I would think of Great Aunt [name]Bethany[/name] from National Lampoon’s- now when I hear it I think of my beautiful little girl.

Those are my childrens’ names and how they were chosen. If we had ever had another daughter her name would be [name]Brenna[/name]. Since I only got to choose one out of the three names for our first two girls I would have choosen [name]Catherine[/name] for her middle name- [name]Brenna[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]. But we had no more babies.

Our boy’s name both times was [name]Matthew[/name].

I think [name]Lauryn[/name] and [name]Bethany[/name] make great names for sisters!