my first post!! hi berries!! let me know what you think of our names!!:::

our names are [name_m]Aston[/name_m] and [name_u]Dannah[/name_u]… right now he is leaning towards an [name_m]Aston[/name_m] [name_m]Jr[/name_m] … i think he has the coolest name ever but im afraid our son would end up being a “[name_m]Jr[/name_m]”… BUT [name_m]Aston[/name_m] doesnt have a middle name so im thinking if we went w/ [name_m]Aston[/name_m] we would give him the middle name of [name_u]Michael[/name_u] ( after his grandfather) and use that to differentuate: [name_m]Aston[/name_m] (hubby) and [name_m]Aston[/name_m] [name_u]Michael[/name_u]… instead of “[name_m]Jr[/name_m]”… thoughts?!

next on our list is: [name_u]Michael[/name_u] [name_m]Aston[/name_m] V.(3 syll last name) NN: "Mav" is REALLY growing on me… this gives him a traditional name to grow w/ and a unique name to go by… WHAT [name_f]DO[/name_f] YOU THINK?!

okay here is the girls:

[name_f]Ava[/name_f] [name_f]Anne[/name_f] is hubbys top pick but apparently its the worlds most common name… i want my daughter to have a unique name like mine but i love [name_f]Ava[/name_f] too so we’ll see!

[name_f]Maren[/name_f] [name_f]Irene[/name_f]/[name_f]Valerie[/name_f]/[name_f]Rose[/name_f] : means " of the sea" w/ a family middle name

Gemmah [name_f]Anne[/name_f] … love that Gemmah is similar to my name “[name_u]Dannah[/name_u]” without rhyming…

what do you think of these so far?!?!

I don’t care for Juniors. I think children should be given a name of their own. Have you considered using [name_m]Aston[/name_m] [name_u]Michael[/name_u] or Michael Aston as two middle names and choosing something else for a first name? [name_f]Ava[/name_f] is pretty but extremely overused so she may not be the only one in her classroon. Why the unnecessary “h” at the end of [name_f]Gemma[/name_f]? Of all three, my favourite is [name_f]Maren[/name_f] with [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_f]Valerie[/name_f] and [name_f]Irene[/name_f] as mn’s in that order.

I like your idea of [name_f]Ava[/name_f], but I can see the problem with it being too popular. But as a [name_u]Dane[/name_u], [name_f]Maren[/name_f] reminds of [name_f]Maren[/name_f] Malkeko (Milking cow), so I don’t share the same love for the name.
I love the idea of Gemmah!

[name_f]Ava[/name_f]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f] would be a lovely option for a first name. I love [name_u]Michael[/name_u] [name_m]Aston[/name_m] (Mav)!

[name_u]Michael[/name_u] [name_m]Aston[/name_m] with a nn of Mav is really cute.
I like [name_f]Maren[/name_f], but I prefer it spelled [name_f]Marin[/name_f]. I also love Gemmah, but much prefer the spelling [name_f]Gemma[/name_f].

Best of luck!

I really do like [name_u]Michael[/name_u] [name_m]Aston[/name_m] and having is own identity along with a strong connection to his father is wonderful! Of your girl choices I like [name_f]Maren[/name_f] [name_f]Irene[/name_f] the best. It’s gorgeous! I’m not fond of the suggestion of [name_f]Ava[/name_f] [name_f]Anne[/name_f] because of the double A’s. It sounds too rhyming to me. Have you thought of [name_f]Ava[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] or [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Anne[/name_f]? I also like Gemmah, but prefer the spelling [name_f]Gemma[/name_f], just for the convenience thoughout life of the child. Nameberry has taught me a lot about names! Keep browsing around here and you will find the perfect name for sure!

Is your name pronounced like [name_u]Dana[/name_u]? The h is unnecessary on [name_f]Gemma[/name_f]. I don’t like jr. either.

My name is pronounced like [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] w/ a D… And if we go w/ Gemmah we like the double M’s and ah like my name!

I don’t think Ast would like [name_f]Ava[/name_f]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f] but I will ask!

Thanks ladies!!

I love both boy options… Mav is adorable!!

Of your girls, I like [name_f]Valerie[/name_f], [name_f]Irene[/name_f], and [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. Not a fan of Gemmah… but if you like that it honors you, my opinion really doesn’t matter. :slight_smile:

For a girl… what about using your same initials? [name_m]Don[/name_m]'t know your middle, but DxV. Lots of pretty D names to choose from!

And the feminist in me likes the idea of honoring you with a girl if the boy will honor Daddy… a family I know just did this and it’s wonderful!!

Also if you want the Mav but want to avoid a popular first name, [name_u]Micah[/name_u] is lovely as well. :slight_smile:

I think [name_u]Michael[/name_u] [name_m]Aston[/name_m] with nn Mav is an amazing name. Classic, modern nickname, handsome, with a tribute to his dad…a clear winner. [name_f]Love[/name_f] it!
I love [name_f]Ava[/name_f] and [name_f]Maren[/name_f] is also a very pretty name. [name_f]Meara[/name_f] also means “of the sea”…we have a [name_f]Mira[/name_f] pronounced the same way and it’s beautiful (biased, of course). [name_f]Mira[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] sounds lovely! I’m not a big fan of [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] (I’d lose the extra h) but you could do far worse.

Great lists!
Best of luck!

Edited to add that [name_f]Mira[/name_f] has a different cultural background and meaning to [name_f]Meara[/name_f]. [name_m]Just[/name_m] an FYI in case meaning has a big significance to you.

Thanks ladies!!!

Thanks for your feedback!!! I think [name_u]Michael[/name_u] [name_m]Aston[/name_m] it is!!!

Still not 100% for a girl… I’m liking Aven as opposed to [name_f]Ava[/name_f] but not sure my husband will…