My first post. Looking for feedback please

Hello all,

I’ve been reading all of your posts for some time now, and I thought it was finally time for me to post our names for feedback .

For a boy we like

[name]Max[/name] [name]Joseph[/name]
[name]Oscar[/name] [name]Joseph[/name]
[name]Leo[/name] [name]Joseph[/name]

Girls, we’re thinking

[name]Rae[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Grier[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Nora[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]

[name]Joseph[/name]/[name]Josephine[/name] is after my DH, as their last name will be mine W (one syllable)
Open to suggestions as well as other alternatives for [name]Joseph[/name] / [name]Josephine[/name]

Thank you

I love all your male options. I don’t think you can go wrong with any of them.

I am not a huge fan of [name]Rae[/name] (too short and unisex) or [name]Grier[/name] (too masculine and harsh). My favorite female name of your list is [name]Nora[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]. [name]Nora[/name] is classic and feminine, so I don’t think you can go wrong with that choice.

I adore all your combinations! Since you say that your surname is one syllable, I’d choose one of the two-syllable names personally - I’d pick [name]Oscar[/name] and [name]Nora[/name]. I absolutely love [name]Leo[/name], but the “o” ending could tend to run into a “w” beginning surname.

Also, though I think [name]Josephine[/name] is lovely for a girl, since you said you were open to alternatives - I’m also a big fan of [name]Josette[/name].

Good luck! :slight_smile:

[name]Welcome[/name]!

My favourites from your list are [name]Oscar[/name] and [name]Nora[/name].

I like [name]Max[/name] [name]Joseph[/name] and [name]Nora[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] the best.

boys

[name]Max[/name] [name]Joseph[/name] - Nice combo, but [name]Max[/name] has always struck me as a nickname. [name]Maxwell[/name], Maximilion, etc seem appropriate for a formal name. I’m not a fan of nicknames as formal names.
[name]Oscar[/name] [name]Joseph[/name] - NMS. Not a fan of [name]Oscar[/name]. Reminds me of [name]Sesame[/name] [name]Street[/name]. [name]Oscar[/name] creeped me out.
[name]Leo[/name] [name]Joseph[/name] - Nice combo, but again not a fan of nicknames for formal names. [name]Leonard[/name], [name]Leonardo[/name], etc.

Girls, we’re thinking

[name]Rae[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] - Very pretty
[name]Grier[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] - No thanks. [name]Grier[/name] has always been a masculine name to me. Also don’t like how this flows with the more traditional sound of [name]Josephine[/name].
[name]Nora[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] - Beautiful. This is definitely my favorite.

[name]Joseph[/name]/[name]Josephine[/name] is after my DH, as their last name will be mine W (one syllable)
Open to suggestions as well as other alternatives for [name]Joseph[/name] / [name]Josephine[/name]

Thank you[/QUOTE]

[name]Love[/name] all the boys names very cool! Would use any of them myself!
Not a major fan of any of the girls names sorry. Other names similar to your girls style would be:
[name]Mina[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Cleo[/name]
[name]Mae[/name]

[name]Leo[/name] is a very nice name. I’m not crazy about the girls names. Maybe [name]Mae[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]?

With the middle names, I like [name]Leo[/name] and [name]Nora[/name]. But I also like [name]Max[/name]. I love [name]Josephine[/name] as a mn. [name]Welcome[/name] to Nameberry! Good luck!

I love all your boys’ options! [name]Max[/name], [name]Oscar[/name], and [name]Leo[/name] are all perfect, and work really well with [name]Joseph[/name].

I’m not quite in love with your girls’ list, though, sorry! [name]Nora[/name] is a huge favorite for some on Nameberry but it’s not really my thing (I like [name]Norah[/name] more but even then, I don’t love it), and [name]Rae[/name] is cute but seems too nicknamey for me (what about [name]Rachel[/name] [name]Josephine[/name], nn [name]Rae[/name]?). [name]Grier[/name] I like a lot, actually, but I prefer it as a MN. I would love [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Grier[/name], actually, and there are lots of nn options for [name]Josephine[/name] that would distinguish her from daddy–would that be an option? I think something like [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Grier[/name] nn [name]Posey[/name] would be absolutely adorable.

From your boys’ list, I like [name]Oscar[/name] the best, I think, but I really love them all!

Good luck!

Well [name]Nora[/name] and [name]Max[/name] are both on my list… So I would have ot go with them!!

I also like [name]Leo[/name] though

I love [name]Rae[/name] [name]Josephine[/name].

I’m basically enforcing the other votes by saying [name]Oscar[/name] [name]Joseph[/name] and [name]Nora[/name] [name]Josephine[/name], because they too are my favorites.

I like the other boy names, but [name]Oscar[/name] stands out in a big way. And for me [name]Nora[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] was the only girl option I loved. I adore [name]Josephine[/name] to begin with and it sounds amazing paired with [name]Nora[/name]! So much that I’m going to jot down the combo for future reference. I think [name]Oscar[/name] is so cute, but I’m backed up on my boy names lol.

I like [name]Max[/name],[name]Leo[/name], and [name]Nora[/name]. Not a fan of [name]Grier[/name] or [name]Oscar[/name].

[name]Max[/name] [name]Joseph[/name] - I like [name]Max[/name]. I think it’s cute. I prefer [name]Maximilian[/name], though.
[name]Oscar[/name] [name]Joseph[/name] - [name]Oscar[/name] is alright, nms I suppose.
[name]Leo[/name] [name]Joseph[/name] - I think [name]Leo[/name] is cute and tough, so it works on all ages. I like it.

[name]Rae[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] - I don’t think [name]Rae[/name] stands very well on its own and it’s very overused with other things.
[name]Grier[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] - I think [name]Grier[/name] is very underused, but that’s probably since it’s quite harsh.
[name]Nora[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] - I don’t like [name]Nora[/name], I don’t know why. Something about it is just weird to me.

My favourites-

Boy: [name]Leo[/name] [name]Joseph[/name], I love [name]Max[/name] but don’t like the flow with [name]Joseph[/name]
Girl: [name]Nora[/name] [name]Josephine[/name], Best combo

I absolutely love [name]Max[/name] [name]Joseph[/name] and [name]Leo[/name] [name]Joseph[/name]. Of your girl names, [name]Nora[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] is beautiful, strong, and in my opinion, perfect.
You have great taste!

[name]Nora[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] is awesome! The other two are NMS.
For a boy my favorite is [name]Leo[/name] but I’d have to hear it with your last name to know for sure. [name]Max[/name] is great as well. I don’t care for [name]Oscar[/name] though.