My future Elizabeth needs a perfect middle name!

Ok! I’m pretty much totally set on using [name]Elizabeth[/name] as a first name! I don’t know why it has taken me so long to decide on this. [name]How[/name] silly that I feel like I need to work up courage to use this!

I very much want to use Lulette in the combo, but does [name]Elizabeth[/name] Lulette work? It could be better. If not Lulette, I think [name]Cecilia[/name]. [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Cecilia[/name] isn’t so great, either. I wish grandma Cece had a middle name. I’d like to honor my mom’s family, for sure. [name]Elizabeth[/name] is her fave name so it sort of honors her, but it’s also hubbies grandma’s middle name. My mom is [name]Katherine[/name] [name]Ann[/name], and my [name]Ann[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is her mom (actually her real name is [name]Annette[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Rose[/name]). Lulette’s name was Lulette [name]Frost[/name] Jenness, but really I’d want to use Lulette for her. I want the first middle name to be a little quirky but not weird, and the second middle to be an old family surname. My favorite is Darling, and I really think I want to use that. My mom and [name]MIL[/name] were both born in [name]March[/name], so something about that could be cool. Too bad they weren’t born in “name” month!

So-
[name]Elizabeth[/name] Lulette Darling - just doesn’t flow
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Cecilia[/name] Darling - ditto
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Cecily[/name] Darling - actually this might be perfect
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] Darling - just too classic
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Ann[/name] Darling - too blah? I kind of love it
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Louisa[/name] Darling- for my [name]MIL[/name] [name]Lucretia[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Louise[/name] Darling- more of a stretch for [name]MIL[/name] (I’d really rather do my moms side, though)

See, I know the first middle can’t be too cutesy paired with Darling.

So my favorites are
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Cecily[/name] Darling
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Ann[/name] Darling

What do you think? [name]Do[/name] you have any suggestions?

[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Aviva[/name] Darling

What do you think? The meaning has to do with spring (different sites have different wording, but basically it’s spring). I thought that’d be fitting since mom and [name]MIL[/name] are both born within days of the [name]Spring[/name] equinox. It’s by far the prettiest name I could find that had anything to do with their birth month. And it’s a name I have always liked. I’m not sure it has a great flow, but it does bring that quirky-not-crazy vibe I’m looking for while having a really lovely meaning. This is a contender.

Unfortunately the birth flower is [name]Daffodil[/name], which I love as a flower but not as a name. But, it represents [name]Spring[/name], which brings us back to [name]Aviva[/name]. The birth stone is Aquamarine, meaning courage. I can’t find many girls names that mean courage, and the ones I found don’t appeal.

[name]Hi[/name], [name]Lyndsay[/name]!

Okay, I think [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Aviva[/name] Darling is really neat, because I’ve recently come to love the name [name]Aviva[/name]. Otherwise, I think [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Cecily[/name] Darling is the perfect quirky classic name!

For some reason, I can’t get [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Diana[/name] Darling out of my head, partly because of the alliteration. See, I thought [name]Diana[/name] could honor the [name]Ann[/name] of your mom’s middle name, and I thought that a dianthus was the same as a daffodil - I thought wrong! So, a dianthus is basically a carnation? I did some more research:

1. [name]Pink[/name] carnations have the most symbolic and historical significance. According to a [name]Christian[/name] legend, carnations first appeared on [name]Earth[/name] as [name]Jesus[/name] carried the [name]Cross[/name]. The Virgin [name]Mary[/name] shed tears at [name]Jesus[/name]’ plight, and carnations sprang up from where her tears fell. Thus the pink carnation became the symbol of a mother’s undying love. [name]How[/name] sweet is that?

2. Carnations are the birth flower for [name]January[/name]. Got anybody born in [name]January[/name] that you want to honor?

3. Carnations are often worn on special occasions, especially Mother’s [name]Day[/name] and weddings. In Korea, red and pink Carnations are used for showing their love and gratitude toward their parents on Parents [name]Day[/name]. Not only on Parents [name]Day[/name], but also on Teacher’s [name]Day[/name], people express their admiration and gratitude to their teachers with Carnations, as Carnation has the meaning of ‘admiration’, ‘love’, and ‘gratitude’. Beautiful meanings!

4. Carnation is the national flower of Spain, and the provincial flower of the autonomous community of the Balearic Islands. The state flower of Ohio is a scarlet carnation. The choice was made to honor [name]William[/name] [name]McKinley[/name], Ohio [name]Governor[/name] and U.S. President, who was assassinated in 1901, and regularly wore a scarlet carnation on his lapel. Got anybody from these places that you want to honor?

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

Of your top two I like [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Ann[/name] Darling.
[name]How[/name] about [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Rose[/name]? [name]Rose[/name] is one of my favorite names; it softens the name somehow.

Lulette with [name]Elizabeth[/name] gets stuck on my tongue somehow… it doesn’t flow for me.

[name]Ann[/name] is the “classic MN”, too boring.

Of your list, I’d either go for [name]Katherine[/name]… or something completely off the wall… just make sure the rhytm works.

Why not go for just [name]Elizabeth[/name] Darling??

What about [name]Elizabeth[/name] Jenness to honor Lulette? Or Lulette [name]Elizabeth[/name] flows nicely. You have good taste, so I trust you will eventually choose well.

From your list, I think [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Cecily[/name] Darling is really lovely! It’s my top pick. [name]Elizabeth[/name] will be [name]Betsy[/name], right? [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Cecily[/name] Darling nn [name]Betsy[/name] is absolutely wonderful! :slight_smile: My next favorite is [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Louisa[/name] Darling, because [name]Louisa[/name] is one of my favorite names. Instead of [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Ann[/name] Darling, what about [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Anna[/name] Darling? It seems to flow better. And there’s also [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Annabel[/name] Darling. To honor [name]Ann[/name] [name]Rose[/name], you could do [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Rosanna[/name] [name]Darline[/name] (maybe even [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Roxana[/name] Darling), or [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name] Darling.

Thank you all for your comments! I forgot to mention that I want to save a [name]Rose[/name] variation, [name]Rosalie[/name] or [name]Rosemary[/name] for a possible future daughter. I also would rather save [name]Ann[/name] and use [name]Susanna[/name] as a future daughter, but Im not so opposed to using both of those since the [name]Ann[/name] in [name]Susanna[/name] isn’t as obvious. Still, something else would be better.

I love [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Diana[/name] Darling, but amazingly I have no connection to any of those meanings! And to be honest, the part about the mothers undying love is sweet, but [name]Mary[/name] crying while her son was carrying the cross? That is just too tragic for me to think it’s a nice meaning. Nope! Also, i don’t need alliteration in this name because [name]Betsey[/name] [name]Becker[/name] handles that!

So I may have found it. [name]Flora[/name]. [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Flora[/name] Darling. The flow is not perfect, I realize. But it’s not bad. And i sort of like the flow not being perfect, it reminds me of the birth announcements in the [name]London[/name] Telegraph. [name]Flora[/name] was the goddess of springtime (and fertility). And [name]Mars[/name], who [name]March[/name] was named for was the god of war, but originally he was a god of fertility and vegetation, so that’s a double whammy! I really like that she’d have a connection to both her grandmothers in a name that doesn’t favor either of them. They both love flowers and all that, and my mom loves the fairies in sleeping beauty. It’s lovely connections all around, plus it’s a nature name!

So… [name]Do[/name] you like it?
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Flora[/name] Darling

[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Flora[/name] Darling is just beautiful! It’s such a lovely classic-sounding name, but it will never date - and the family connections are amazing; they’re so well thought-out. And I don’t see any problems with the flow at all - but then again, I’m British and we wouldn’t really focus on the flow (so you’re right about it sounding like something from the [name]London[/name] Telegraph announcements!)

I think the name is just darling, and little [name]Elizabeth[/name] will be very lucky to have such a wonderful name :slight_smile:

[name]Flora[/name] is one of my favorite names… I absolutely love [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Flora[/name] Darling! Normally, I would be in favor of using [name]Louisa[/name] (another favorite of mine), but the prominent Ls in [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Louisa[/name] seem to compete with each other. So, my vote goes to [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Flora[/name] Darling! It’s beautiful!!

Yay! I think I’m in love with it! I’m so glad to hear it sounds good from a real [name]Brit[/name]! British full names (like combos with middles and all) are my biggest inspiration! So that’s exciting to me! And [name]Grace[/name], thanks for saying the connections are well thought out! I hope that would mean something to her someday! And hopefully my mom and [name]MIL[/name], but they might think It doesn’t count because it’s not their names. I want them to feel honored, but for me its more about the child having a connection to someone than the person to feel honored, though I hope this achieves both!

[name]Ever[/name], I love [name]Louisa[/name] so much, too! But it just doesn’t sound right with [name]Elizabeth[/name]. It will possibly get used if we’re ever blessed with three daughters! We are rather set on [name]Susanna[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Sage[/name] for a second daughter. The list for a third is, in no order
[name]Penelope[/name] nn [name]Penny[/name] - his favorite
[name]Rosemary[/name] or [name]Rosalie[/name] nn [name]Rose[/name]/[name]Rosey[/name]- cannot decide which I love more!
[name]Adelaide[/name] nn [name]Heidi[/name]
I want a name on the list that will give me the nn [name]Goldie[/name]. I know [name]Marguerite[/name] really doesn’t at all, but if I had a [name]Margo[/name] I’d call her [name]Goldie[/name], but [name]Margo[/name] doesn’t work with this direction of girls names so I thought of [name]Marguerite[/name]. I sort of like nn [name]Daisy[/name] but not enough, I don’t think. [name]Chris[/name] loves [name]Maggie[/name], but I’m just not sold. I don’t want to use [name]Marigold[/name].
So, that’s some serious sidetracking I’ve got going there. But basically I think [name]Louisa[/name] could work with one of these, probably [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Louisa[/name], that’s quite cute!

I love [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Flora[/name] Darling. It’s absolutely darling, if I do say so myself. The nickname [name]Betsey[/name] is so cute (unfortunately, no matter how much I love it, it’s been slightly ruined for personal use because my mom used to have a friend named [name]Betsey[/name] who ended up being not the nicest person…), and I think [name]Betsey[/name] and [name]Dash[/name] sound really cute together.
What an awesome combo you have though. You always come up with great combos. Yet, I have to ask… What happened to Lulette? I was so excited and looking forward to you using it, but has it been dropped for sure? Or is it still on a list somewhere?

I should also add that I love [name]Susanna[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Sage[/name]. Would the nickname be [name]Sookie[/name] or [name]Sadie[/name]? I know you were debating between the two… I think [name]Sadie[/name] and [name]Betsey[/name] would be really cute. Or, even if you wanted, [name]Annie[/name] and [name]Betsey[/name]. But [name]Annie[/name] seems like too plain of a nickname for you to use…
I love [name]Adelaide[/name] nn [name]Heidi[/name] with [name]Betsey[/name] and [name]Sadie[/name]/[name]Sookie[/name]/[name]Susanna[/name]. [name]Rosemary[/name] is also wonderful and I love it with the other names.

Great names! [name]Love[/name] them all! You really can’t go wrong with any of them. :slight_smile:

Oh, no, Lulette is not dropped for sure at all! I love it so much and I really do want to use it… But I just can’t see myself saying [name]Lulu[/name] all the time. And I want to like [name]Etta[/name] instead but I don’t. It sucks because I do love Lulette so much, and I love [name]Lulu[/name] in theory, but I just don’t like saying it, I get tongue tied. I don’t like just [name]Lu[/name] or [name]Lou[/name] for a girl. I’ve thought of Lulette [name]Cecilia[/name] or something and calling her [name]Lucy[/name], but I don’t really want a [name]Lucy[/name]. I can’t use [name]Lettie[/name] because my parents neighbor for the last 15 years is [name]Lettie[/name] and I really don’t like her and that’s all I can think of. I thought maybe Etsy, but thats sorta weird since I love the website Etsy.com so much, plus I love [name]Betsey[/name] sooooo much more. It really is a bummer. And that’s why I was thinking [name]Elizabeth[/name] Lulette, but that has a terrible flow for me. I don’t know. But no, I haven’t scrapped it.

Ok you’ll probably think this is crazy, but sometimes I make a collage with pictures of kids who look like they could be mine, and give them names and all. And almost every time, no matter what names are my favorites at the moment, the youngest two are [name]Rosalie[/name] and Lulette. Because I always think, hmm, if it’s my last baby, her name is damn well Lulette! That’s probably what will happen in real life! If i had all my future kids right now, they’d be:

[name]Dashiell[/name], [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Lincoln[/name], [name]Susanna[/name], [name]Griffin[/name], [name]Adelaide[/name], [name]Julius[/name], [name]Rosalie[/name], [name]August[/name] and Lulette
[name]Dash[/name], [name]Betsey[/name], [name]Link[/name], [name]Sadie[/name], [name]Finn[/name], [name]Heidi[/name], [name]Jude[/name], [name]Rosie[/name], [name]Oz[/name] and [name]Lulu[/name].

That’s Five and five. Hmmmm. [name]Ah[/name], but [name]Chris[/name] will push for [name]Penelope[/name]. We’ll have to wait and see!

Oh, [name]Sookie[/name] v. [name]Sadie[/name] v. [name]Susie[/name]. I love [name]Sadie[/name]. [name]LOVE[/name]. He loves [name]Sookie[/name]. I have no idea what we’ll go with. He might win since [name]Sadie[/name] is not actually a nickname for [name]Susanna[/name] at all.