My girl names...

Right now we’re thinking about [name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Elise[/name], [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] and [name]Sylvia[/name] [name]Margaret[/name].

[name]Do[/name] you think these go together okay?

What siblings would you put with them?

Thank you so much :slight_smile:

I think you have great taste in names. [name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Elise[/name], [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] and [name]Sylvia[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] are a great trio.
Siblings for [name]Rosemary[/name] - [name]Penelope[/name], [name]June[/name], [name]Constance[/name], [name]Sabrina[/name], [name]Grace[/name], [name]Hannah[/name], [name]Faith[/name], [name]Alice[/name], [name]Eleanor[/name], [name]Simone[/name], [name]Sybil[/name]
Siblings for [name]Hazel[/name] - [name]Pearl[/name], [name]Violet[/name], [name]Fern[/name], [name]Beryl[/name], [name]Olive[/name], [name]Agatha[/name], [name]Edith[/name], [name]Celeste[/name], [name]Esther[/name], [name]Abigail[/name], [name]Cecily[/name], [name]Garnet[/name], [name]Felicity[/name]
Siblings for [name]Sylvia[/name] - [name]Irene[/name], [name]Vivian[/name], [name]Martha[/name], [name]Sophie[/name], [name]Fiona[/name], [name]Esme[/name], [name]Camille[/name], [name]Blanche[/name], [name]Marguerite[/name], [name]Frances[/name], [name]Estella[/name]

Thank you! I really love these combinations.

Out of your suggestions I like (vetoed already by partner is bolded):
[name]Penelope[/name], [name]June[/name], [name]Grace[/name], [name]Alice[/name]
[name]Violet[/name], [name]Olive[/name], [name]Edith[/name], [name]Celeste[/name]
[name]Vivian[/name], [name]Camille[/name], [name]Frances[/name]

I adore all of them, and they’re perfect together! Sisters for [name]Rosemary[/name], [name]Hazel[/name], and [name]Sylvia[/name]:

[name]Frances[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Agnes[/name]
[name]Theodora[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Dorothy[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Anne[/name]
[name]Jane[/name]
[name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Olive[/name]
[name]Miriam[/name]
[name]Alma[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]

[name]Sylvia[/name] is my fave of those by far. I don’t believe in “sibsets” (they’re people, not stemware), but some names definitely don’t go together - [name]Vivian[/name] is too close to [name]Sylvia[/name], for example; [name]Rosalie[/name] is too close to [name]Rosemary[/name]; [name]Harriet[/name] is too close to [name]Hazel[/name]. Anything that doesn’t end in “-a” or start with “S + vowel” is good. [name]Sylvia[/name], [name]Rosemary[/name], and [name]Hazel[/name] would work just fine.

I agree with that (so would never do matchy-matchy names), but I would like to have my kids names all go together, rather than appear to have just been randomly plucked from whatever was around me (eg if I had [name]John[/name], [name]Jayden[/name] and [name]Wilbur[/name] or something).

I like:
[name]Frances[/name]- already been vetoed :frowning:
[name]Theodora[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Dorothy[/name]
[name]Anne[/name]
[name]Jane[/name]
[name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Miriam[/name] - already been vetoed :frowning:
[name]Alma[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]

I agree with that (so would never do matchy-matchy names), but I would like to have my kids names all go together, rather than appear to have just been randomly plucked from whatever was around me (eg if I had John, Jayden and Wilbur or something).

I agree that that would be weird, but I also think that an individual’s taste tends to prevent that from happening. The kind of person that names their kid [name]Jayden[/name] is not the same kind of person that names their kid [name]John[/name]. In other words, people tend to like the same kinds of names.

For instance, I like strong, classic or classic-ish names. Some of my faves for girls are [name]Meredith[/name], [name]Genevieve[/name], [name]Sylvia[/name], [name]Camille[/name], [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Vivian[/name], [name]Catherine[/name]. Your selections [name]Rosemary[/name] and [name]Hazel[/name] are not my personal cup of tea, but they don’t offend my senses, either. (They are both on the strong side, but not classics. In fact when I look at your list, all your selections are either strong or classics. So I guess that you could make a conscious decision to commit either to “strong” or “classic,” but I think one or the other would end up naturally winning out anyway. For myself, strong is way more important.)

However, I would saw off my own arm before I signed a birth certificate with “[name]Kaylee[/name]” or “[name]Jasmine[/name]” or whatever on it.

Frances- already been vetoed :frowning:

[name]Do[/name] you like [name]Francesca[/name]? It’s stronger, so it might be acceptable to your spouse.

[name]Do[/name] you like [name]Francesca[/name]? It’s stronger, so it might be acceptable to your spouse.[/quote:j5thw0zp]

I like [name]Francesca[/name], but I think I’d prefer it in middle position, since I don’t really like any of the nicknames.

I agree with what you say about a person’s tastes. But in my case, I have a very wide-ranging taste, so I guess I kinda have to pick a style and go with it. I think [name]Rosemary[/name], [name]Sylvia[/name] and [name]Hazel[/name] have the same romantic, vintage feel to them. I think [name]Camille[/name] would also fit, but he doesn’t like that, I think.

Bump? Any more suggestions?

He likes [name]Camilla[/name], yay! Does this fit with [name]Sylvia[/name], [name]Hazel[/name] and [name]Rosemary[/name]?

Yes, I think [name]Camilla[/name] sounds great with [name]Sylvia[/name], [name]Rosemary[/name], and [name]Hazel[/name]. Beautiful names! :smiley: