My girls list - elimination time!

SO and I went through a long list today and it narrowed down to a short list of names we’re considering for baby #2. He/she is due in [name]May[/name]/[name]June[/name] 2012, and will be a brother/sister to [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Ottilie[/name] ([name]Ivy[/name] [name]Bea[/name]), who is just over 3 months old. We picked [name]Ivy[/name]'s name quite soon after we found out, and it gave us time to get used to it and make sure it really was the one for us. We want to do this with #2’s name too, so we’re already thinking about it!

So, here’s our girls list. We want to know which names you would remove from the list, and if possible, why? Is it something to do with the popularity (we’re in the UK), sound, meaning, look, way it sounds with [name]Ivy[/name], way it sounds with the surname (which sounds like ‘Hollow’) or just personal dislike?

[name]Adelaide[/name] ([name]Ada[/name])
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] ([name]Nora[/name])
[name]Eloise[/name] ([name]Lola[/name] / [name]Lulu[/name])
[name]Gemma[/name]
[name]Nina[/name]
[name]Paloma[/name] ([name]Lola[/name])
[name]Penelope[/name] ([name]Poppy[/name] / [name]Penny[/name])
[name]Phillipa[/name] ([name]Pippa[/name])
[name]Ramona[/name] ([name]Romy[/name])
[name]Rosa[/name]
[name]Thea[/name] (how would you pronounce this?)

Thanks!

• [name]Maya[/name] and [name]Morgan[/name]

[name]Adelaide[/name] ([name]Ada[/name]) - [name]Lovely[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] - I don’t like [name]Alice[/name] for some reason, but I think [name]Allison[/name] is beautiful
[name]Eleanor[/name] ([name]Nora[/name]) - Stunning
[name]Eloise[/name] ([name]Lola[/name] / [name]Lulu[/name]) - Not a big fan I can see [name]Eloise[/name] and the NNs being cute on a little girl but not an adult
[name]Gemma[/name] - I love this one as well
[name]Nina[/name] - sounds dated to me
[name]Paloma[/name] ([name]Lola[/name]) - I like [name]Paloma[/name], never thought of using [name]Lola[/name] as a NN for it
[name]Penelope[/name] ([name]Poppy[/name] / [name]Penny[/name]) - [name]Penelope[/name] makes me think of pigs, but your NNs are wonderful
[name]Phillipa[/name] ([name]Pippa[/name]) - [name]Love[/name] this
[name]Ramona[/name] ([name]Romy[/name]) - NMS
[name]Rosa[/name] - Nice but not as good as some of your others
[name]Thea[/name] (how would you pronounce this?) - I would say “[name]Tay[/name]-uh”

Wow, so many great names. I don’t dislike any of them, but I have some that I like less than others:

[name]Adelaide[/name] ([name]Ada[/name]) - I don’t really get the appeal of this name. It’s never been a favorite, and [name]Ada[/name] is like a long-lost back woods great aunt to me.
[name]Alice[/name] - [name]Love[/name] this!
[name]Eleanor[/name] ([name]Nora[/name]) - I like [name]Nora[/name] better than [name]Eleanor[/name]. I’m growing weary of [name]El[/name]- names, to be honest
[name]Eloise[/name] ([name]Lola[/name] / [name]Lulu[/name]) - I think this is more unexpected than [name]Eleanor[/name], but still runs together with all those other [name]El[/name]- names. [name]Lola[/name] and [name]Lulu[/name] were appealing to me about 5 years ago, but also feels a bit “5 years ago” to me. No offense to anyone - for me, it was just a name crush that has since faded.
[name]Gemma[/name] - Like, but I feel like I should love this name, but can’t quite get beyond like.
[name]Nina[/name] - [name]Love[/name]! Underused, simple (like [name]Ivy[/name]), feminine and fresh
[name]Paloma[/name] ([name]Lola[/name]) - See [name]Eloise[/name] regarding [name]Lola[/name]. [name]Paloma[/name] is lovely, but a bit exotic in a Spanish ballerina type of way. I don’t think I could have a child who would be able to pull it off.
[name]Penelope[/name] ([name]Poppy[/name] / [name]Penny[/name]) - Like a lot. [name]Nell[/name] is a great nn, and would be the reason I would choose it for myself. Whenever I suggest it to dh, he says: you mean “[name]Pen[/name]-a-lope” (rhymes it with cantaloupe), so that’s all I think of now.
[name]Phillipa[/name] ([name]Pippa[/name]) - Maybe getting a bit popular. I heard recently a baby named [name]Philomena[/name] nn [name]Pip[/name], which I think has similar connotations, yet more unexpected, and offers the additional nn of [name]Mena[/name].
[name]Ramona[/name] ([name]Romy[/name]) - Really love [name]Romy[/name], and find [name]Ramona[/name] sweet, if a bit homely (but in a good way)
[name]Rosa[/name] - Too matchy with [name]Ivy[/name] I think
[name]Thea[/name] (how would you pronounce this?) - Really love this too! I say Th-ee-a, as in the beginnings of [name]Theodora[/name].

So to sum up… with [name]Ivy[/name], I personally love:

[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Nina[/name]
[name]Romy[/name]
[name]Thea[/name]

I like:
[name]Penelope[/name] ([name]Poppy[/name] / [name]Penny[/name])
[name]Phillipa[/name] ([name]Pippa[/name])
[name]Ramona[/name] ([name]Romy[/name])

[name]Adelaide[/name] ([name]Ada[/name]) - Personally not fond of this
[name]Alice[/name] - It’s ok but not amazing
[name]Eleanor[/name] ([name]Nora[/name]) - Absolutely lovely esp the nn
[name]Eloise[/name] ([name]Lola[/name] / [name]Lulu[/name]) - [name]Eloise[/name] is very pretty, [name]Lola[/name] is cute, [name]Lulu[/name] I dislike
[name]Gemma[/name]- I don’t like it, sounds boring to me, no offence meant.
[name]Nina[/name] - I like it a lot, it’s sassy. But [name]Ivy[/name] and [name]Nina[/name] are both characters in a book called [name]Fire[/name] and Hemlock (it’s actually my favourite book)
[name]Paloma[/name] ([name]Lola[/name]) - Wonderful name but could be a bit too much next to [name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name] ([name]Poppy[/name] / [name]Penny[/name]) - I like [name]Poppy[/name] but it doesn’t age well and I don’t like [name]Penny[/name] or [name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Phillipa[/name] ([name]Pippa[/name]) - I like [name]Pippa[/name] a lot, but is [name]Phillipa[/name] a bit too popular in the UK? I’ve met loads
[name]Ramona[/name] ([name]Romy[/name]) - I love this!
[name]Rosa[/name] - A bit matchy with [name]Ivy[/name] maybe?
[name]Thea[/name] (how would you pronounce this?) - I love this so much; I say “thee-a” but “thay-a” is cool too

So altogether I like:
[name]Ivy[/name] and [name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name] and [name]Nina[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name] and [name]Ramona[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name] and [name]Thea[/name]

[name]Adelaide[/name] ([name]Ada[/name]) - I love this with [name]Ivy[/name] and your last name. Vintagey, and good 3-2 rhythm for the ln.
[name]Alice[/name] - Ditto [name]Adelaide[/name]. [name]Ivy[/name] and [name]Alice[/name] really sound like sisters!
[name]Eleanor[/name] ([name]Nora[/name]) - I can also really see this with [name]Ivy[/name].
[name]Eloise[/name] ([name]Lola[/name] / [name]Lulu[/name]) - Fells very French next to [name]Ivy[/name]. It works but is not as good a match.
[name]Gemma[/name] - feels very modern to me compared to [name]Ivy[/name]. Would work fine but not super well.
[name]Nina[/name] - Ditto [name]Gemma[/name], or just, more elegant, less spunky, even if the modernness isn’t the challenge.
[name]Paloma[/name] ([name]Lola[/name]) - Very Spanish next to [name]Ivy[/name].
[name]Penelope[/name] ([name]Poppy[/name] / [name]Penny[/name]) - would work pretty well but very long and Greek next to [name]Ivy[/name], also, you’d be starting an ends in -ee trend…and a plant trend if [name]Poppy[/name] was the nn.
[name]Phillipa[/name] ([name]Pippa[/name]) - works pretty well…but more ancient, and I also think it will end up very tied to 2011/2012.
[name]Ramona[/name] ([name]Romy[/name]) - works pretty well but kind of like [name]Paloma[/name] in its matching to [name]Ivy[/name].
[name]Rosa[/name] - lovely and works well with [name]Ivy[/name] except I wonder if you’d be tying into a plant theme.
[name]Thea[/name] (how would you pronounce this?) - works well. I would guess thee-a but wouldn’t be surprised by [name]Thay[/name]-a. I know a [name]Thay[/name]-a.

My top 3 would be [name]Ivy[/name] and [name]Adelaide[/name]/[name]Ada[/name], [name]Ivy[/name] and [name]Alice[/name], and [name]Ivy[/name] and [name]Eleanor[/name]. My 3 to eliminate would be [name]Gemma[/name], [name]Paloma[/name], and [name]Penelope[/name]. I really like each of these names on the whole so if you want to keep them by all means obviously : D, but I think for what you’re looking for they don’t match as well.

All best!

[name]Adelaide[/name] ([name]Ada[/name]) - Pretty, but comes across as clunky and unfeminine next to the sweet (and sultry) [name]Ivy[/name]. I prefer just [name]Ada[/name] next to [name]Ivy[/name]

[name]Alice[/name] - [name]Alice[/name] is timeless and darling. [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Ivy[/name] are very pretty together.

[name]Eleanor[/name] ([name]Nora[/name]) - I don’t see the appeal of [name]Eleanor[/name]. It’s not the worst name, but it’s really not my style at all. It comes across as old lady to me. [name]Nora[/name] and [name]Ivy[/name] would be not bad. Although [name]Nora[/name] does not have the most appealing sound to me.

[name]Eloise[/name] ([name]Lola[/name] / [name]Lulu[/name]) - I think [name]Eloise[/name] is sweet and darling. [name]Ivy[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name] seem like a spunky and mischievous set which I love.

[name]Gemma[/name] - [name]Gemma[/name] is pretty. She has a nice round soft sound. [name]Ivy[/name] and [name]Gemma[/name] are sweet girls.

[name]Nina[/name] - even though it is anything but, this name sounds too harsh for me. [name]Nina[/name]. like a dog whistle? I’m not sure that makes any sense but I’m not a fan.

[name]Paloma[/name] ([name]Lola[/name]) - [name]Paloma[/name] makes me think of genital warts. The Papilloma virus… yeah. I don’t like it.

[name]Penelope[/name] ([name]Poppy[/name] / [name]Penny[/name]) - I love [name]Penelope[/name]. I know I said [name]Adelaide[/name] seemed long but [name]Penelope[/name] seems lighter. And nicknames of [name]Penny[/name] and [name]Poppy[/name] are so sweet.

[name]Phillipa[/name] ([name]Pippa[/name]) - I don’t like this at all. I feel it has become trendy since the royal wedding and I’m not on the bandwagon. People will think the name is related to [name]Pippa[/name] Middleton, at least that’s what I think.

[name]Ramona[/name] ([name]Romy[/name]) - [name]Ramona[/name] is pretty. [name]Romy[/name] is cute. [name]Ivy[/name] and [name]Ramona[/name]. That’s very cute.

[name]Rosa[/name] - I imagine it on an older latino woman to be honest. but I still think it’s a very pretty name. [name]Ivy[/name] and [name]Rosa[/name] are cute.

[name]Thea[/name] (how would you pronounce this?) - I would pronounce it as Thee-uh with a soft th sound. [name]Ivy[/name] and [name]Thea[/name] is okay.

The only name I would definitely take off the list is [name]Paloma[/name]. I just can’t get over that Papilloma thing.

I love [name]Nina[/name] and think it fits well with [name]Ivy[/name]. I also like [name]Poppy[/name] ([name]Penelope[/name]) and [name]Gemma[/name].

Thanks for all the opinions and suggestions, hubby and I are going to go over them together tonight :slight_smile: Keep them coming!

Btw, some people mentioned [name]Paloma[/name] is “too Spanish” or something along those lines. I’m half Spanish, so that’s why I liked [name]Paloma[/name]! :stuck_out_tongue:

[name]Adelaide[/name] ([name]Ada[/name])- [name]Adelaide[/name] is not my favorite name, but it is pretty. [name]Ada[/name] and [name]Ivy[/name] make an adorable sib set.
[name]Alice[/name]- I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Alice[/name]. And [name]Ivy[/name] and [name]Alice[/name] are so sweet together. A pretty, vintage pair.
[name]Eleanor[/name] ([name]Nora[/name])- I also really love [name]Eleanor[/name]. And again [name]Ivy[/name] and [name]Nora[/name] make a great sib set. Very cute. I think [name]Eleanor[/name] grows up very well.
[name]Eloise[/name] ([name]Lola[/name] / [name]Lulu[/name])- I love the nicknames [name]Lola[/name] and [name]Lulu[/name], and [name]Eloise[/name] is an adorable name with fantastic literary ties.
[name]Gemma[/name]- [name]Gemma[/name] isn’t my most favorite name. But I really do like it. It’s pretty, I just feel like some of your other options are better.
[name]Nina[/name]- I love [name]Nina[/name]. A lot. It’s definitely a name crush of mine at the moment. I think it’s sweet and classic and pairs well with [name]Ivy[/name].
[name]Paloma[/name] ([name]Lola[/name])- I like [name]Paloma[/name]. It’s not my favorite, but it’s soft, feminine, and lovely.
[name]Penelope[/name] ([name]Poppy[/name] / [name]Penny[/name])- I like the nickname [name]Poppy[/name] better than I like the name [name]Penelope[/name]. It’s cute. But just cute, to me.
[name]Phillipa[/name] ([name]Pippa[/name])- It’s cute, but I can’t help but feel like it’s a major trend right now on the heels of [name]Pippa[/name] Middleton, and it’s gonna seem really outdated in a few years.
[name]Ramona[/name] ([name]Romy[/name])- [name]Ramona[/name] reminds me of the children’s books [name]Ramona[/name] and Beezus. I can’t get over that association. I do love [name]Romy[/name] for a nickname though.
[name]Rosa[/name]- Feels a bit too close to [name]Ivy[/name] for me, but it’s a lovely name.
[name]Thea[/name] (how would you pronounce this?)- [name]Love[/name] [name]Thea[/name]. It’s on my list. I prefer Thee-uh for pronunciation, but [name]Thay[/name]-uh works as well.

To sum it up I’d say my favorites on your list are [name]Alice[/name], [name]Eleanor[/name], [name]Nina[/name], and [name]Thea[/name].

Wow, our tastes are so alike! I’m in the UK too and [name]Ivy[/name] is my favourite name in the world :slight_smile: I also love most of the names on your list! These are the ones I would remove and reasons why (bear in mind, I’m being very picky since you have such a great list!):

[name]Adelaide[/name] ([name]Ada[/name]) - I adore it, but would worry that you’d end up with the inevitable and very popular nn [name]Addie[/name], which would definitely detract from the names beauty. If you push [name]Ada[/name] as a nn though, I’m definitely on board!
[name]Eleanor[/name] ([name]Nora[/name]) - beautiful name, and beautiful nickname, but a little “boring” to me. Not as fun and energetic as [name]Ivy[/name].
[name]Gemma[/name] - my sisters name, and the name of a million girls I went to school with! I’m not sure how old you are but I’m 25 and grew up with LOTS of [name]Gemma[/name]'s, almost as many as I did [name]Sarah[/name]'s and [name]Lauren[/name]'s so it seems a little dated and overused to me now. Certainly not as fresh as your other choices.
[name]Phillipa[/name] ([name]Pippa[/name]) - I love [name]Pippa[/name] but have a feeling it’s going to become hugely popular thanks to the Middletons. And [name]Philippa[/name] seems a little formal and stuffy as a sister to [name]Ivy[/name].
[name]Rosa[/name] - this has never been my favourite (I much prefer just [name]Rose[/name], [name]Rosalia[/name], [name]Rosanna[/name] or [name]Rosaline[/name]) plus [name]Ivy[/name] and [name]Rosa[/name] may tie you in to a plant/flower theme for the future

Of the rest of your list, my favourites with [name]Ivy[/name] in order are (in brackets are their popularity ranking in the UK for 2010):

[name]Nina[/name] (235), [name]Thea[/name] (THEE-uh) (256), [name]Penelope[/name] (272), [name]Alice[/name] (43), [name]Eloise[/name] (109), [name]Ramona[/name] (1472) and [name]Paloma[/name] (1332)

[name]Alice[/name] would probably have been top of the list except that it’s super popular here in the UK, and much more popular than [name]Ivy[/name] (at 227) which puts me off. Same, to a lesser extent, goes for [name]Eloise[/name] plus I’d dread the common nn [name]Ellie[/name] with that one but [name]Lulu[/name] is adorable. I like [name]Ramona[/name] and [name]Paloma[/name] especially with the nn’s [name]Romy[/name] and [name]Lola[/name] ([name]Romy[/name] is an all time fave of mine) but they are far more unusual than [name]Ivy[/name].

[name]Nina[/name], [name]Thea[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name] seem to fall in the same sweet spot as [name]Ivy[/name] does - popular enough to sound familiar and for people to not find them strange, but not so popular that you meet lots of them everywhere!

[name]Nina[/name] and [name]Thea[/name] in particular are great matches for a sister [name]Ivy[/name] since they don’t have the name matching “ee” sound - but since my top 3 names are actually [name]Claudie[/name], [name]Ivy[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name], I really can’t talk! Ha.

I would use [name]Nina[/name] in a heartbeat if it wasn’t the name of my SO’s ex - it’s so beautiful and classic like [name]Ivy[/name], but also like [name]Ivy[/name] it has a spark and some energy. This is definitely my top pick for you.

Second pick is between [name]Thea[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name] - both have been on my own list for a long time. [name]Penelope[/name] ranks higher on my list (personally I plan on using the nn [name]Nell[/name] but [name]Penny[/name] and [name]Poppy[/name] are super cute) but [name]Thea[/name] may be a slightly better sister to [name]Ivy[/name].

Anyway I hope that helps a little, and to be honest, with the exception of [name]Gemma[/name], [name]Rosa[/name] and [name]Eleanor[/name] - your whole list excites me and I’d love to see you use any one of the other names! :slight_smile:

Adelaide: I like this name, but I agree with the Addie nn worries. Adelaide and Ivy has a nice ring to it.
Alice: Love this name.
Eleanor: Classy, vintage, but I don’t feel it goes very well with the more light feeling that Ivy has.
Eloise: Love it, it works better with Ivy than Eleanor.
Gemma: It’s okay, it fees a little dated to me too. The whole Gem beginning seems a bit bland to my ear for some reason.
Nina: It’s pretty, but I grew up with a Nina, so It feels a little dated too. Maybe it’s just NMS.
Paloma: really lovely. I have a 6 year old goddaughter (half- Cuban) with this name. It’s gorgeous on her.
Penelope: I was liking this a year ago, but know it seems I’ve heard or seen it too much, there is nothing wrong with it. It’s just become a bit boring to me.
Phillipa: Love Pippa, this will be popular for sure- Pippa and Ivy is cute.
Ramona: not as chariming or elegant as some of your other picks. Just a different style, still it’s okay.
Rosa: Ick. Old Lady.
Thea: I like it! I suppose I would say Tee-ah/ Tee-uh

[name]Ivy[/name] and [name]Ramona[/name] make the most perfect sister names ever! Why? They’re both strong and slightly mischievous.

I also adore [name]Paloma[/name] but if you’re after a certain ‘feel’ to the sister names, then [name]Ramona[/name] and [name]Ivy[/name] and plum perfect!
[name]Paloma[/name] is very soft next to [name]Ivy[/name]… that really isn’t a problem for me though.

Your other names are all great though… but please use [name]Ramona[/name]!

[name]Adelaide[/name] ([name]Ada[/name]) - I love this vintage name. [name]Ivy[/name] and [name]Adelaide[/name] are lovely but [name]Ada[/name] and [name]Ivy[/name] make an even better pair.
[name]Alice[/name] - Soft and sweet and lovely with [name]Ivy[/name].
[name]Eleanor[/name] ([name]Nora[/name]) - [name]Eleanor[/name] sounds a little more serious next to [name]Ivy[/name] but I think the nn [name]Nora[/name] lightens it up a bit.
[name]Eloise[/name] ([name]Lola[/name] / [name]Lulu[/name]) - It’s ok with [name]Ivy[/name] but not my fave
[name]Gemma[/name] - Not my taste.
[name]Nina[/name] - OK but nothing exciting and I’m not feeling any spunkiness coming from this name.
[name]Paloma[/name] ([name]Lola[/name]) - A nice way to honor your Spanish heritage. [name]Ivy[/name] and [name]Paloma[/name] are quite a fine duo!
[name]Penelope[/name] ([name]Poppy[/name] / [name]Penny[/name]) - I like the name but not with the similar sounding [name]Ivy[/name].
[name]Phillipa[/name] ([name]Pippa[/name]) - OK but not my fave with [name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Ramona[/name] ([name]Romy[/name]) - This name has the same spunk as [name]Ivy[/name]. I like them together.
[name]Rosa[/name] - [name]Ivy[/name] and [name]Rosa[/name] are just a bit too much of a flower theme for my taste.
[name]Thea[/name] - “Thee-ah” is how I would pronounce it but “thay-ah” is acceptable too if you want a French twist on the name (eg. Théa). Very pretty.

Faves: [name]Alice[/name], [name]Adelaide[/name], [name]Thea[/name], [name]Ramona[/name] and [name]Paloma[/name].

Thanks for all the great opinions! We’re thinking of ditching:

[name]Alice[/name] - Rising popularity might be an issue for me, knowing that [name]Ivy[/name] will probably become quite common does bother me.

[name]Gemma[/name] - Not sure why but I’m not loving it as much now. SO still likes it, but I’m just not feeling it.

[name]Eloise[/name] - I think [name]Ellie[/name] is just too inevitable as a nickname, neither me nor my SO like [name]Ellie[/name].

[name]Paloma[/name] - that whole papilloma virus thing is off-putting!

[name]Phillipa[/name]/[name]Pippa[/name] - I didn’t even think of [name]Pippa[/name] Middleton but you’re right, this probably will be a big association for a while. I do still adore it though, so maybe for a future daughter if the popularity subsides…

[name]Rosa[/name] - I don’t want to be tied to a nature theme with future kids.

Which leaves [name]Adelaide[/name] ([name]Ada[/name]), [name]Eleanor[/name] ([name]Nora[/name]), [name]Nina[/name], [name]Penelope[/name] ([name]Poppy[/name]/[name]Penny[/name]), [name]Ramona[/name] ([name]Romy[/name]) and [name]Thea[/name] :slight_smile:

What about [name]Thea[/name]? Is she out too? Or did you just forget about her? If you did forget about her it’s probably a sign that she’s not a favourite anyway! Lol.

I love love love your new shorter list! The only one I would ditch is [name]Eleanor[/name] just because, as pretty as she is, she doesn’t have the same wow factor for me as your other names, and as with [name]Eloise[/name], I would worry about the [name]Ellie[/name] nn.

[name]Adelaide[/name], [name]Nina[/name], [name]Penelope[/name], [name]Ramona[/name] and possibly [name]Thea[/name] though - all winners in my opinion! :slight_smile:

Oopsie, I actually did forget [name]Thea[/name]! I’m not sure how, I had the list in front of me…

I’m not sure about [name]Eleanor[/name], because of the [name]Ellie[/name] thing. I definitely know [name]Eloise[/name] would become [name]Ellie[/name], because it’s not a particularly common name so there’s know common nicknames. But [name]Nora/name and [name]Nell/name are also typical nicknames for [name]Eleanor[/name], so I figured she won’t automatically be [name]Ellie[/name] to all …

I think you need another short name with a sister named [name]Ivy[/name] and I just [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Lola[/name]! She is one of my absolute favourites and she is so full of personality imo THIS IS IT!

Perhaps combo of [name]Lola[/name] [name]Alice[/name].

rollo

I love the name [name]Alice[/name] and hate to hear that you’re cutting it from your list, but I understand that you’re concerned about its rising popularity.

My opinions on your new list:

[name]Adelaide[/name] ([name]Ada[/name]) - [name]Adelaide[/name] is one of my very favorite names, and it sounds lovely with [name]Ivy[/name]. I don’t quite understand why you would use [name]Ada[/name] as a nickname for it, though, since [name]Adelaide[/name] has a strong short “A” sound and [name]Ada[/name] is pronounced like “AY-da” (or, at least, that’s how I pronounce it). I love the name [name]Ada[/name] on its own, but I don’t like it as a sister to [name]Ivy[/name].

[name]Eleanor[/name] ([name]Nora[/name]) - I’ve never liked [name]Eleanor[/name] for some reason. Probably because I still picture the little old lady [name]Eleanor[/name] who I go to church with. [name]Nora[/name] doesn’t appeal to me, either, I guess just because I don’t find it attractive at all.

[name]Nina[/name] - A definite nod to your Spanish heritage, I appreciate [name]Nina[/name]'s simple beauty. A lovely name that sounds great with [name]Ivy[/name].

[name]Penelope[/name] ([name]Poppy[/name]/[name]Penny[/name]) - Okay, another name that I just don’t like. Maybe because of the ending “pee” syllable, or the outdated (in my opinion) nickname [name]Penny[/name]. I just can’t get behind this name for some reason.

[name]Ramona[/name] ([name]Romy[/name]) - Another Spanish name, which I like. [name]Ivy[/name] and [name]Ramona[/name] is adorable, as is [name]Ivy[/name] and [name]Romy[/name]. Although I’m not a big fan of the sound of [name]Ramona[/name] (maybe too harsh?) I think it would make a wonderful choice for you.

Hopefully my opinions have helped! :slight_smile:

[name]Ivy[/name] Beatix [name]Ottilie[/name] is a wonderful name and so much fun… such a great name is a lot to live up to! So let’s get to work on your short list:

[name]Adelaide[/name] ([name]Ada[/name]) - I like this, especially the nn [name]Ada[/name].
[name]Eleanor[/name] ([name]Nora[/name]) - I like [name]Eleanor[/name], but I don’t know if she (or [name]Nora[/name]) have the same spunk as [name]Ivy[/name]. Maybe this can be livened up with mn’s?
[name]Nina[/name] - [name]Nina[/name] is fine. I don’t feel one way or the other about her, though.
[name]Penelope[/name] ([name]Poppy[/name]/[name]Penny[/name]) - I love [name]Penelope[/name], and [name]Poppy[/name] is so fun with [name]Ivy[/name]. But would [name]Poppy[/name]/[name]Penny[/name] tie you to nature/word names?
[name]Ramona[/name] ([name]Romy[/name]) - I adore [name]Ramona[/name]. This is the winner in my opinion… it’s Spanish, has a great nn, isn’t popular. I love this name.
[name]Thea[/name] - [name]Thea[/name] ([name]Thay[/name]-ah) is pretty, but i only like the French pronounciation.

[name]Hope[/name] that helps!