my girls list

hey there…
So i have come up with a girls list - any thoughts, and/or additions would be great…
[name]Violet[/name] (I know it is popular in some countries but here it is only just inside the top 100 I think, and I dont know any Violets)…
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Elsie[/name] (my grandmothers name)
[name]Seraphina[/name] (sounds pretty but might be too different from my other kids names.)
[name]Pippa[/name] (damn you [name]Pippa[/name] Middleton - i liked this name before you became famous! lol)
[name]Lola[/name] (was my girl choice had my last child been a girl)
[name]Sylvie[/name]
[name]Lila[/name] (although I think the numerous ways of spelling it puts me off)
[name]Florence[/name] (I hate the nn flo - so what would other nn options be?)
[name]Beatrice[/name] - I keep coming back to it but dont love it like i do the others…

thanks for your feedback…

I love the list! Pretty much all of these names are on my own list as well.

[name]How[/name] about [name]Flora[/name]/[name]Florrie[/name] as a NN for [name]Florence[/name]? And since you’re iffy on [name]Beatrice[/name], what about using the alternate [name]Beatrix[/name]? Makes it a bit cooler and more youthful.

[name]Violet[/name] - [name]Lovely[/name], I don’t know any either
[name]Iris[/name] -very cute and sweet
[name]Elsie[/name] I like it, but better as an MN
[name]Seraphina[/name] - I like it, I think it can fit with trendy and vintage names
[name]Pippa[/name]- I prefer [name]Philippa[/name] NN [name]Pippa[/name] but that is just me
[name]Lola[/name] - A great NN but not so much a full name
[name]Sylvie[/name] - [name]Lovely[/name], so melodic :slight_smile:
[name]Lila[/name] - [name]Lovely[/name] and I think this is the most common spelling, I doubt any of the others get that popular.
[name]Florence[/name] - NMS I think [name]Flo[/name] is inevitable
[name]Beatrice[/name] - I cannot stand this sorry, it seems very stuffy to me

You have a great list :slight_smile:

I like [name]Elsie[/name], [name]Seraphina[/name], and [name]Lila[/name].

[name]Elsa[/name], Celadine, [name]Lilia[/name], [name]Flora[/name], B are others that are similar or close to those you posted.

[name]Violet[/name] - It’s grown on me a lot. My cousin named her daughter this and she’s just adorable :slight_smile:
[name]Iris[/name] - Eh, it’s ok.
[name]Elsie[/name] - Sounds too nicknamey. Is there something longer this could be a nn for?
[name]Seraphina[/name] - I love this name!
[name]Pippa[/name] - Too much of a nn for me. That sucks though when famous people “ruin” a name, there are a few that have been “ruined” in the same way for me.
[name]Lola[/name] - Not a fan personally.
[name]Sylvie[/name] - Like [name]Sylvia[/name] more.
[name]Lila[/name] - Yeah, you have a point with the multiple spellings. [name]May[/name] get confusing. Otherwise it’s a fine name.
[name]Florence[/name] - I agree that someone will call her [name]Flo[/name]. And then it reminds me of the lady from the Progressive commercials.
[name]Beatrice[/name] - It’s NMS really but it’s nice. A PP mentioned [name]Beatrix[/name] - I like that too.

[name]Violet[/name]: Very pretty but reminds me of violent.
[name]Iris[/name]: Very down to earth, gentle, shy. A good lifetime name.
[name]Elsie[/name]: Cute. A popular girl.
[name]Seraphina[/name]: Why worry if its too different if you love it. Not a fav of mine but still a nice sophisticated name.
[name]Pippa[/name]: I imagine a nice girl who may be a bit eccentric and fun but not very mature
[name]Lola[/name]: More mature than [name]Pippa[/name], more grounded and good natured.
[name]Sylvie[/name]: Dont like the eee ending personally. Prefer [name]Sylvester[/name]. reminds me of a smelly girl with oily hair. sorry
[name]Lila[/name]: Too obediant, cutsey and not very independant type of girl/woman.
[name]Florence[/name]: [name]Flora[/name]? one of my favorites. This could be the name of a emotionally strong, happy and passionate woman.
[name]Beatrice[/name]: Vintage, nice sound, nice girl. ( i agree with [name]Demi[/name], u could use [name]Beatrix[/name]?)

[name]Do[/name] you like: [name]Cordelia[/name], [name]Mariposa[/name], [name]Maude[/name], [name]Pearl[/name], [name]Carlotta[/name], [name]Thalassa[/name], [name]Celeste[/name], Neeve, [name]Isadora[/name], [name]May[/name], [name]Astrid[/name], [name]Adelaide[/name], [name]Cynthia[/name], [name]Ursula[/name], [name]Susannah[/name], Seeta, [name]Ramona[/name]. ?

I like Serephina, but it is a bit much. Could [name]Serena[/name] be an alternative? It has a lovely sound and meaning.

[name]Violet[/name] - I love [name]Violet[/name], it’s a beautiful name and if it’s that uncommon in your area, I’d use it for sure!
[name]Elsie[/name] - I like [name]Elsie[/name] as a nickname for something, or as a middle name. [name]Violet[/name] [name]Elsie[/name]?
[name]Seraphina[/name] - I’ve never really liked this name, but I understand the appeal.
[name]Pippa[/name] - Adorable, but it is very associated with [name]Pippa[/name] Middleton now, as you mentioned, and will be rising in popularity I suspect.
[name]Lola[/name]- I like this as a nickname for [name]Penelope[/name], or [name]Eloise[/name], I really like it as a nickname for [name]Melody[/name], might not be your style though. It’s a sweet name though.
[name]Sylvie[/name] - I really like this!
[name]Lila[/name] - I love this, and think most people would assume it was this spelling.
[name]Florence[/name]- [name]Flora[/name], [name]Wren[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name] - Never liked this name.

I love your list! So many of these are personal favorites of my own. :slight_smile:

[name]Violet[/name] - in the US, it’s not even in the top 100 yet. :slight_smile: I think it’s 123 or 124. It and [name]Liliana[/name] are right next to each other, and I can never remember which is which since they’re both personal favorites! I think it’s 124, though. I think [name]Violet[/name] is just stunning, though. It’s easily on my top 5, and I would love to have a daughter with this name some day! I love its sweet, vintage, girly charm.
[name]Iris[/name] - love this flower name, too! It’s so sweet and striking. I prefer it as a MN, but it’s lovely in the FN spot, as well.
[name]Elsie[/name] - sweet, but I’ve always felt it was perpetually cutesy. Would you consider [name]Elsa[/name], [name]Elspeth[/name], or [name]Elisabeth[/name], nn [name]Elsie[/name]?
[name]Seraphina[/name] - what are your other children’s names? That would help with giving advice, especially if you’re looking for names to go well in your sibset. I think [name]Seraphina[/name] is stunning. I love the nns [name]Serena[/name], [name]Sera[/name]/[name]Sarah[/name], and Sephie for it.
[name]Pippa[/name] - love [name]Pippa[/name]! I prefer a longer form, like [name]Penelope[/name], [name]Philippa[/name], or [name]Piper[/name], but just [name]Pippa[/name] is cute, too. I don’t think using it would be a problem… even though [name]Pippa[/name]‘s still relatively well-known, I don’t hear much about here from day to day.
[name]Lola[/name] - love [name]Lola[/name]! I think it’s so spunky and girly. I prefer a longer form as it feels nicknamey to me, but I haven’t found a full name I like yet. [name]Just[/name] [name]Lola[/name] is really cute, though.
[name]Sylvie[/name] - love! I love its sweet, Frenchy chic-ness. :slight_smile: It seems to be garnering some attention on here… hopefully it’ll start to be more accepted as a girls’ name, instead of just a nn for [name]Sylvia[/name]. I think it’s just stunning.
[name]Lila[/name] - love [name]Lila[/name]. It’s so sweet and girly. I’ve been considering it as a NN lately, but I think it’s just stunning on its own.
[name]Florence[/name] - one of your only choices I’m not crazy about. It’s always had a stuffier, old-lady feel to me. You could maybe use the nn [name]Flora[/name]?
[name]Beatrice[/name] - I really dislike this, too, sorry! I think it works, but it’s always seemed to have no personality and it’s just blah to me. [name]Bea[/name] is a cute nn, though. What about [name]Beatrix[/name]? Strangely enough, I dislike [name]Beatrice[/name], but love [name]Beatrix[/name].

[name]Violet[/name], [name]Seraphina[/name], [name]Lila[/name], and [name]Sylvie[/name] are my favorites!

Good luck!

thanks heaps for all your replies…
I think you have confirmed for me that [name]Beatrice[/name] isnt my name - I just think it is the ‘trice’ part that just doesnt sound pretty to me…
thank you for the suggestion of [name]Flora[/name] as nn for [name]Florence[/name], it wasnt one i had thought of, but really like… Tho I am still nervous about the '[name]Flo[/name]" factor for this name, so think maybe this might not be ‘it’ either…
I have appreciated your feedback on [name]Elsie[/name] - it is really special to me because I adored my grandmother, but it probably isnt my favourite name of the list - maybe it would be better as a mn…
So I think my list has narrowed somewhat to [name]Violet[/name], [name]Iris[/name], [name]Sylvie[/name] - though I love the other names, I think each has something that rule them out…

thanks for all your help…