My Grandma's Real Name

My grandma has always thought her name was [name]Ann[/name] [name]Rose[/name]. She was also called [name]May[/name] [name]Ann[/name] by her family. She came across her birth certificate a few years ago and it had a different name on it. When we asked her what it was, she didn’t remember! (Not because she has a bad memory or anything, she just didn’t care!) As you can see, I don’t get my name nerdiness from her! Anyway, my mom (named [name]Katherine[/name] [name]Ann[/name]) just found her birth certificate and it says [name]Annette[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Rose[/name] and her baptismal certificate says [name]Anna[/name] [name]Rose[/name]. I absolutely [name]LOVE[/name] her name! Ahh! I’ve just been mourning the loss of [name]Catherine[/name] with a C lately and now it seems it may be a real possibility! And she has two middle names just like my son! I’m so excited! What a beautiful name, right?

That’s a really nice story and I like the names a lot! We have some like that in my family - I have a story where my great-aunt changed her name very late in life because she came across her birth certificate. She went by [name]Millie[/name] either way, but she thought her name was [name]Amelia[/name] (perhaps it was [name]Emilia[/name]) and changed it to [name]Emilie[/name]. Or the other way around; it’s not very clear since she still went by the same nickname. My maternal grandfather also changed his name but we’re not supposed to know that since the info came from snooping my mom and her brother did when they were kids. I think you have a very interesting story though - I love all the variations involved.

Thanks [name]Karen[/name]. [name]How[/name] interesting that your aunt changed her name even though she kept the same nickname. I think it’s interesting how little attention people payed to real names in the olden days. I can’t imagine a parent not remembering what they named their child, though. [name]How[/name] strange!

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Lyndsay[/name]! That IS a great name! :slight_smile: I love [name]Katherine[/name]/[name]Catherine[/name], [name]Rose[/name], and all [name]Anne[/name] names, so I think you’re grandma hit the jackpot!

I hope [name]Dashiell[/name] had a great [name]Christmas[/name] (and you, too)! :slight_smile:

Take care!

awwwww x3
i found out last year my like grgrgr/grandma was named [name]Catherine[/name], i was also like ‘awwwww the C isn’t really used anymore! why???’