My hubby is so difficult!

We find out what were having in 5 days! My hubby and I have totally different styles when it comes to names. We don’t even have a list or anything. [name]Every[/name] name I have said to him he has thrown in the garbage. The ONLY name he has told me that he likes for a boy is [name]Simon[/name]. And I hate it. I don’t want a name that is too popular. but I don’t want something that is weird or too out there. A lot of the names I love are taken by other people that we know. Example: [name]Rylan[/name], [name]Alijah[/name], [name]Wyatt[/name], [name]Colton[/name], [name]Riley[/name] and some others. I have mentioned; [name]Peyton[/name], [name]Jace[/name], [name]Julian[/name], [name]Bentley[/name], [name]Landon[/name], [name]Madden[/name], [name]Chance[/name], [name]Carson[/name] and many others. Hubby hates them all. He doesn’t want a unisex names. If you could please help us you would be amazing! Thank you!! (:

Your situation sounds so frustrating! [name]Don[/name]'t despair. Several posters have good advice for compromising on names and coming to acceptable agreements. For example, you and your husband can each make a list of ten names you like. You exchange lists and each have to choose several names (e.g. four or five) from each other’s lists that are most tolerable to you. There are additional steps in the process for narrowing down the choices. I will let those who have fine-tuned these procedures explain further. [name]Just[/name] know that there is hope!

Since you are finding out the baby’s gender early next week, that will help to narrow down the task. Be sure to let us know.

I’m all for both parents loving a name, but it’s completely unfair for one parent to consider LITERALLY one name. I’d suggest that you go through a name book make a list of about 10-15 names that you like and could see yourself using (whether or not he’s already shot them down) and ask him to order them by how much he likes them (or by which ones he dislikes least.) I think it would be a good idea for him to do the same, even if he’s only okay on the names other than [name]Simon[/name]. You have to start somewhere, and I think that would be a good way to get a larger discussion going.

If this were my situation I would probably feel justified in pulling the ‘im giving birth card.’
My husband insists on only using boys names that are very easy to spell and pronounce… very annoying!
I am sure the berries will help you!