My husband and I can't agree on any names

I am 6 months pregnant with a boy, this is our first child and my husband and I can’t agree on any names. I don’t like any of the ones he came up with and he doesn’t like any of the ones I’ve come up with. Here’s both lists, I’m not going to say whose is whose, so there is no bias. I would like feedback please

List A:
Gage
Reed
Tate
Alec
Jude
Vance
Ronan
Dane
Channing
Desmond
Faber
Lane
Lucian
Cade/ Caden
Keenan
Valen

List B:
Silas
Asher
Jax
Sirus/ Cyrus
Maddox
Harper
Eli
Kai
Owen
Jay
Damian

[name]Love[/name] [name]Reed[/name], [name]Alec[/name], [name]Jude[/name], [name]Silas[/name] and [name]Eli[/name]

I like:

[name]Reed[/name]
[name]Tate[/name]
[name]Jude[/name]
[name]Ronan[/name]
[name]Silas[/name]
[name]Asher[/name]
[name]Maddox[/name]
[name]Eli[/name]

I gotta say [name]Ronan[/name] is pretty awesome. [name]Silas[/name] is good too.

There are several names from both lists that are great. Your styles are not that very different from one another at all. In fact, I think you have the same style, but you just happen to like different names of the same style. It could be worse :slight_smile:

I like:
[name]Jude[/name]
[name]Ronan[/name]
[name]Desmond[/name]
[name]Lucian[/name]
[name]Cyrus[/name]
[name]Eli[/name]
[name]Kai[/name]

Names that could fit your style:
[name]Beckett[/name]
[name]Zander[/name]
[name]Ezra[/name]
[name]Ezekiel[/name]
[name]Bowen[/name]
[name]Boden[/name]
[name]Fabian[/name]
Macsen
[name]Paxton[/name]

[name]Jude[/name] and [name]Silas[/name] are my favorites. [name]Reed[/name] is also quite nice.

Interestingly, I would say the style of both lists fairly similar. You both have an eye for modern surnames ([name]Gage[/name], [name]Tate[/name], [name]Maddox[/name], [name]Harper[/name]), off-beat vintage picks ([name]Lane[/name], [name]Desmond[/name], [name]Cyrus[/name], [name]Eli[/name]), and on-trend contemporary names ([name]Cade[/name], [name]Valen[/name], [name]Jax[/name], [name]Kai[/name]). I’m surprised that you disagree, haha, but I think this means there’s lots of room to find a happy compromise.

There are a lot here I like, though I don’t know that my opinion will be all that useful in settling anything. FWIW, [name]Gage[/name], [name]Reed[/name], [name]Tate[/name], [name]Jude[/name], [name]Channing[/name], [name]Desmond[/name], [name]Lane[/name], [name]Silas[/name], [name]Cyrus[/name], [name]Eli[/name], and [name]Owen[/name] get my thumbs up, haha. Perhaps some compromise could be made in nicknames since the B list seems to like short nicknames: [name]Desmond[/name] has spunky [name]Dez[/name], [name]Cyrus[/name] or [name]Silas[/name] have [name]Cy[/name], [name]Jude[/name] could even be called [name]Jay[/name] for the first initial.

If you disagree on all these in a way where no compromise on these lists will be made, though, perhaps it’s best to look for something both of you like that isn’t here. These might meet some of those categories:

[name]Grant[/name]
[name]Graham[/name]
[name]Nolan[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Dixon[/name] ([name]Dix[/name])
[name]Rhys[/name]
[name]Killian[/name] or [name]Kieran[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name] ([name]Eli[/name])
[name]Knox[/name]
[name]Marston[/name]/[name]Marsden[/name] ([name]Mars[/name])
[name]Russell[/name]
[name]Bryce[/name]
[name]Barrett[/name] (nn [name]Bear[/name] or [name]Rhett[/name])
[name]Brooks[/name]
[name]Damon[/name]
[name]Tobin[/name] or [name]Tobias[/name] ([name]Toby[/name])
[name]Flynn[/name] or [name]Finnian[/name] ([name]Finn[/name])
[name]Bridger[/name]

Yeah, I’d also say there are a lot of similar sort of names in those two lists. I think you two will get to a point of agreeing not too far into the future. My favs from List A are: [name]Jude[/name], [name]Ronan[/name], [name]Lucian[/name] and [name]Keenan[/name] (though [name]Desmond[/name] and [name]Reed[/name] are solid too). From list B: I like list A a bit better, but [name]Cyrus[/name], [name]Eli[/name] (my fav from list B), [name]Owen[/name] and [name]Damian[/name] are pretty good. [name]Lucian[/name] is definitely my favorite of the bunch, but it’s a bit different style than anything in list B, so may be a little less likely to come out the winner.

My faves are [name]Alec[/name], [name]Desmond[/name] and [name]Eli[/name]

Here are the ones i like from your list! :slight_smile:

List A:
[name]Tate[/name]
[name]Alec[/name]
[name]Dane[/name]
[name]Cade[/name]/ [name]Caden[/name]

List B:
Sirus/ [name]Cyrus[/name]
[name]Maddox[/name]
[name]Eli[/name]
[name]Owen[/name]