My husband finally gave me his opinion!!! our top 3, yay!

[name]Aria[/name] gets my vote!

Thanks everyone for your responses!
I know there were a couple of comments that said they were didn’t see how these names matched [name]Hayden[/name] all to well… one even calling [name]Hayden[/name] masculine.
When we named our first daughter over 3 years ago, I definitely did the research, online in message boards, and with family and friends, and [name]Hayden[/name] almost always was associated with a little girl. Especially where we live, both in NYC and in FL part time (the only negative feed back I got online, was from mothers who had already named a son [name]Hayden[/name], and I get that it would be frustrating to here of so many girls being named the same name).
In fact all of the [name]Hayden[/name]'s I have met have always been little girls.
So the unisex nature of the name isn’t really a factor in choosing this little ones name. And, I’ve never been one for matchy matchy names anyways, I’m not a name theme person.
I am torn between [name]Maia[/name] and [name]Aria[/name] tho!
I guess we’ll know for sure when we meet her!
Thanks again everyone, I love the feedback, and it definitely helps!

My top 3 are [name]Maia[/name] [name]Rose[/name] [name]Dorothea[/name], [name]Maia[/name] [name]Jade[/name] [name]Dorothea[/name], and [name]Aria[/name] [name]Rose[/name] [name]Dorothea[/name] … but I think [name]Hayden[/name] [name]Anne[/name] [name]Claire[/name] & [name]Maia[/name] [name]Rose[/name] [name]Dorothea[/name] are adorable together! <3

Although unisex, [name]Hayden[/name] is much more common as a boy name. There are a lot of unisex names that have a masculine feel ([name]Sage[/name] & [name]Dorian[/name] are two of my favorite girl names), so I wasn’t being negative or implying that your daughter had a boy’s name.
When [name]Hayden[/name] is paired with such a soft, frilly name like [name]Aria[/name], it sounds like a boy/girl sibset. If [name]Hayden[/name] & [name]Aria[/name] were two girls I’d find it odd because they are so different. [name]Maia[/name] is a strong yet soft name and it fits with the strong yet soft [name]Hayden[/name]. Although still different, they sound like they belong together and that they were named by the same person

I understand what you were saying. I guess with a name like [name]Hayden[/name], location is going to determine popularity when it comes to boy or girl. I get that [name]Hayden[/name] and [name]Aria[/name] aren’t exactly in the same category, I was just trying to say that it doesn’t bother me. I’m not to into matching my names too much. I’d hate to limit myself to another unisex name, and end up sounding like I tried to hard.
I do think that [name]Maia[/name] fits better with [name]Hayden[/name] tho, but at this point I’m just happy my husband finally weighed in! If for some reason he ends up liking [name]Aria[/name] more in the future, it wont bother me tho.
I’d love to hear suggestions on names you think would fit better! I still have almost 2 months, and if I change my mind (and that’s been known to happen) it would be nice to have some new backups!

[name]Read[/name] [name]Aria[/name] [name]Rose[/name] and almost passed out from the wonderfulness. However, [name]Aria[/name] [name]Jade[/name] [name]Dorothea[/name] is pretty fabulous, too, as the [name]Jade[/name] brings a little snap to the antique feel of [name]Dorothea[/name]. Either of those two! I know way too many [name]Sophia[/name] girls for me to be able to say eyes to that. And [name]Maia[/name] is lovely but I think it’s on it’s way to popularity. But really, those are all excellent combos that roll off nicely.

[name]Maia[/name] [name]Jade[/name] [name]Dorthea[/name] is def my favorite! [name]Love[/name] it! Big sis [name]Hayden[/name] [name]Anne[/name] [name]Claire[/name] has a great name too!

Is [name]Maia[/name] pronounced the same as [name]Maya[/name]? Because if it is, I would strongly rethink the spelling.

[name]Dorothea[/name] sucks…please don’t ever spell [name]Maya[/name] like [name]MYA[/name] …
[name]Maia[/name] is best or [name]Aria[/name]…[name]Sophia[/name] is totally totally overplayed I’m so bored with it

I love [name]Dorothea[/name], and it IS a great way to honor two incredible people.

The only one I’d rule off is [name]Sophia[/name]. Though pretty, I think if you have other awesome choices, why pick the one that soooooo many other people are choosing? Since you don’t mind styles not matching, it might not matter, but I also find [name]Sophia[/name] more flowery and prettily old-fashioned. [name]Both[/name] [name]Aria[/name] and [name]Maia[/name] (I think this spelling is fine, though [name]Aria[/name] will be asked, “[name]How[/name] do you spell that?” a lot less often) might be softer and more traditionally feminine than sister [name]Hayden[/name], but are just as modern in their usage, so [name]IMO[/name] they fit better. I think both are winners. [name]Aria[/name] [name]Rose[/name] [name]Dorothea[/name] or [name]Maia[/name] [name]Jade[/name] [name]Dorothea[/name] are my fave combos; [name]Rose[/name]'s R complements [name]Aria[/name] while vowel-heavy [name]Maia[/name] sound good with [name]Jade[/name]'s poppy consonants. Marvelous!

Since you asked, here a couple suggestions for you (wouldn’t want the fun to end yet if you have two months to go!). I think that all could go with [name]Hayden[/name], but I did separate them first into ones I feel fit [name]Hayden[/name]'s style and then ones that feel more in line with [name]Sophia[/name], [name]Maia[/name], and [name]Aria[/name]…

[name]Piper[/name]
[name]Campbell[/name] (nn [name]Bell[/name], [name]Elle[/name], and [name]Cam[/name] are pretty)
[name]Delaney[/name] (nn [name]Laney[/name])
[name]Larkin[/name] (nn [name]Lark[/name])
[name]Tierney[/name]
[name]Connolly[/name] (nn [name]Nola[/name]) or [name]Connelly[/name] (nn [name]Nell[/name])
[name]Fallon[/name]
[name]Greer[/name]
[name]Marit[/name]/[name]Merritt[/name] or [name]Maren[/name]
[name]Kennedy[/name]
[name]Marlowe[/name]

[name]Stella[/name]
[name]Zoe[/name]
[name]Farrah[/name]
[name]Cambria[/name] or [name]Cambrie[/name]
[name]Tessa[/name]
[name]Gemma[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Mara[/name] or [name]Mira[/name] or [name]Mila[/name]
[name]Carys[/name]
[name]Amalia[/name] or [name]Malia[/name]

If my wife would allow, our daughter would be named [name]Aria[/name]. Also means lioness

I like [name]Maia[/name] with [name]Hayden[/name] and I also like [name]Aria[/name] and both with middle of [name]Rose[/name].

rollo

I’d do [name]Maia[/name] or [name]Aria[/name].