My Husband is the Veto-King - Here is HIS List - Poll

See the results of this poll: Here is my husband’s list exactly as he sent it to me. Please pick your top 3.

Respondents: 188 (This poll is closed)

• Isla: 31 (16%)
  • Elsa: 23 (12%)
  • Evelyn: 27 (14%)
  • Evangeline: 20 (11%)
  • Elisabeth: 18 (10%)
  • Leah: 12 (6%)
  • Eliza: 27 (14%)
  • Joss: 12 (6%)
  • Virginia: 15 (8%)
  • Foo-Fighter: 3 (2%)

I voted for [name]Evelyn[/name]. It is a classic name to match [name]Paul[/name], but can be shortened to [name]Evie[/name], which is cute, spunky and a little more popular like [name]Finleigh[/name]!

I think you should tell your DH that you’re on board with Foo-Fighter. Go with it for a while … let him sweat!

I voted for [name]Virginia[/name], [name]Elsa[/name] and [name]Evelyn[/name], but most importantly [name]Virginia[/name]! I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Virginia[/name]!!
Please use [name]Virginia[/name]!!
I also love [name]Eliza[/name] and [name]Joss[/name], but [name]Leah[/name], [name]Evangeline[/name], [name]Elisabeth[/name] and [name]Isla[/name] are too ‘hip’ for me…
[name]Virginia[/name] is fittingly offbeat in my opinion ^^

I picked [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Eliza[/name], and [name]Evelyn[/name] because I genuinely love all three of them. I’m amazed you named your son [name]Paul[/name]! Not used very often now, and it’s one of my favorites!
My favorite on the list is [name]Eliza[/name].

I voted for [name]Isla[/name], [name]Elsa[/name] and [name]Joss[/name]–but only if her given name is [name]Jocelyn[/name] and you call her [name]Joss[/name]. I love the length of [name]Isla[/name] and [name]Elsa[/name] with [name]Paul[/name] and [name]Finleigh[/name]–I think I remember you call your daughter [name]Finn[/name] a lot. [name]Elsa[/name] nn [name]Elsie[/name] would probably be my favorite.

I totally feel your pain with the Veto king hubby! I suggest a million names and he hates them all but then the 3 names he comes up with are Lightning, Nine and something equally lame. When I saw foo fighter it really brightened my day. With that said there are really good names on your list. I think [name]Virginia[/name] needs to make a come back the nickname [name]Ginny[/name] is too cute.

I didn’t read before I voted and accidentally voted one for [name]Leah[/name]. I think with a [name]Finleigh[/name], definitely not [name]Leah[/name]. I don’t know the name “[name]Joss[/name]” but with [name]Evelyn[/name] on the list (I did not pick [name]Evelyn[/name]), why not [name]Jocelyn[/name], nn [name]Joss[/name]? I think it goes great with the other names.

I also like [name]Virginia[/name] (I did not pick [name]Virginia[/name]), it’s not a name you hear a lot, I’m not sure why I didn’t choose it. I messed up your poll answers, sorry! I love the nn [name]Ginny[/name], but not with [name]Finleigh[/name]. I knew a [name]Virginia[/name] called [name]Virgie[/name]. I think at once, that’s too on the nose, the whole name is basically Virgin, and [name]Virgie[/name] sounds like she’s in a nursing home. But I still like the name a lot.

I picked [name]Leah[/name], [name]Elisabeth[/name] and [name]Elsa[/name], and my favorite was [name]Elsa[/name]. I think [name]Evelyn[/name] or [name]Jocelyn[/name] would also be good. I don’t like [name]Joss[/name] as a full name, but it is cute for a nickname.

If you use [name]Elisabeth[/name], you can call her [name]Elsa[/name] or [name]Elsie[/name] or [name]Eliza[/name], although the last one will be harder, as [name]Elisa[/name] (e-lees-a) would seem more natural. [name]Elizabeth[/name] with a Z could be more of an [name]Eliza[/name], but the Z doesn’t factor in [name]El[/name]-SA, it’s really just an el sound with SA as a nickname suffix, like calling [name]Caroline[/name] ‘[name]Carrie[/name].’ [name]Elisabeth[/name] is the most versatile name for getting to use more than one name on your list for a nickname. You can even call her nn Foo-Fighter, but that’s true of any name.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. [name]Isla[/name], [name]Elsa[/name] and [name]Elisabeth[/name] are probably our front-runners. I love [name]Virginia[/name] ([name]Ginny[/name]) too. He’ll be so disappointed that Foo Fighter didn’t get any votes!

Yes Foo fighter wins!

Seriously though, I love [name]Finleigh[/name] and [name]Isla[/name] together. I love [name]Evangeline[/name] and that was my second choice and [name]Evelyn[/name] is so pretty, but my final vote is for [name]Isla[/name].

[name]Isla[/name] [name]Ginnifer[/name]…then you get [name]Ginny[/name] in there, too. And [name]Isla[/name] is best with [name]Finleigh[/name]…wouldn’t want to throw [name]Elisabeth[/name] in there with [name]Finleigh[/name], personally…

I voted for [name]Isla[/name], [name]Evelyn[/name] and [name]Elisabeth[/name]. My hubby is the same way too but he has only suggested one name :confused: Which names are your favorite from his list?

I’m responsible for the Foo Fighter vote–that was too good to pass up! Tell your husband that he should go with [name]Aurora[/name] for a Foo Fighters reference instead, or better yet, you should name her [name]Aurora[/name] Foo Fighter. My serious choices were [name]Leah[/name] and [name]Evangeline[/name] but it was a close call.

I voted for [name]Eliza[/name], [name]Elisabeth[/name], and [name]Evelyn[/name].
Good luck!

And I must say, I actually laughed out loud when I saw “Foo-Fighter” on the list. At least your husband is trying to be unique. Hahah

I voted for [name]Evelyn[/name], [name]Elisabeth[/name], and [name]Virginia[/name] because I see cute nn potential for them ([name]Evie[/name], [name]Elsa[/name]/[name]Libby[/name], [name]Ginny[/name]).
I do quite like [name]Isla[/name], but it’s become so popular out of left field, and I think it will date more than the three I voted for with their nn options.
I love both [name]Paul[/name] and [name]David[/name] - really surprised that they’re not more often used at the moment. [name]Paul[/name] [name]David[/name] is a fine combo.

Too all of you who voted thanks! Except for the two of you who voted for Foo Fighter : )

I think I like the sound of [name]Isla[/name] best… but I have big reservations. I think it will rise to stardom and then fall like a stone. That means it will really date my daughter to the early 2010’s. (Like my name dates me to the 1970’s - I’m [name]Kerri[/name]) But in reality… that is not the end of the world. I’ve survived unscathed and managed to secure a good job despite a name ending in “i”.

I like [name]Elsa[/name] (nn [name]Elsie[/name])… but I think my family will find it very Scandinavian/Germanic sounding.

I like [name]Elizabeth[/name], it matches well with [name]Paul[/name]… but doesn’t hold up to trendy [name]Finleigh[/name]. Again I like the nn potential for [name]Elizabeth[/name]. Except I dislike the nn “[name]Liz[/name]” and we all know that you don’t always get to pick your kids nicknames.

The jury is still out.

I suppose [name]Ailsa[/name] wouldn’t be a contender? It’s similar to [name]Elsa[/name] and [name]Isla[/name] …

Hahaha! Foo-Fighter! That’s great. I was laughing histerically at this one. A typical man…
Anyway. I voted for [name]Elsa[/name] (I [name]LOVE[/name] this name and [name]Elsie[/name] was on my list for both of my daughters, but my husband vetoed it, both times - he is also a Veto-[name]King[/name]). I also voted for [name]Eliza[/name] and [name]Elisabeth[/name]. Funny… now that I look at it, they are all variations of [name]Elizabeth[/name]. I’m surprised that your husband went with [name]Eliza[/name] or [name]Elsa[/name]. Most men go with the super popular names or the very classic names. I also liked [name]Isla[/name], but could only vote for 3.
[name]Evelyn[/name] is nice, but I know too many Evelyns.
[name]Virginia[/name]… well my father-in-law has a gf named [name]Virginia[/name] and she is a super witch, with a capital B! So she ruined that name for me.
[name]Joss[/name] is nice for a nn to something else, maybe [name]Jocelyn[/name], as someone else suggested.
[name]Evangeline[/name] and [name]Leah[/name], I just don’t care for them too much.
But Foo-Fighters… yup go with that one! lol

I like [name]Isla[/name], [name]Leah[/name] and [name]Eliza[/name] (or [name]Elizabeth[/name]).

I was loling at Foo Fighter. You can call her FooFoo!

hahahaha! that’s cute ABC!