My Ida Obsession

Recently I’ve become obsessed with the name [name]Ida[/name]. I don’t know why, but I just love the sound of it, and its simplicity, and its vintage-ness.
But everyone else seems to hate it/dislike it. So, does anyone else like [name]Ida[/name], and why? And, if you dislike [name]Ida[/name], why?

[name]Just[/name] wanted to get some opinions.

[name]Ida[/name] [name]Ida[/name] [name]Ida[/name] [name]Ida[/name] [name]Ida[/name] [name]Ida[/name] [name]Ida[/name] [name]Ida[/name] [name]Ida[/name] [name]Ida[/name] [name]Ida[/name] [name]Ida[/name] [name]Ida[/name] [name]Ida[/name] [name]Ida[/name] [name]Ida[/name] [name]Ida[/name] [name]Ida[/name] [name]Ida[/name] [name]Ida[/name] [name]Ida[/name] [name]Ida[/name] [name]Ida[/name] [name]Ida[/name] [name]Ida[/name] [name]Ida[/name] [name]Ida[/name] [name]Ida[/name] [name]Ida[/name] [name]Ida[/name]

• [name]Genevieve[/name]

But you can call me [name]Eva[/name].

I like [name]Ada[/name] and [name]Iris[/name], and [name]Ivy[/name] and [name]Isla[/name] and even [name]DINAH[/name], but for some reason I can’t get into [name]Ida[/name]. I still sounds a bit, I don’t know, old fashioned country bumpkin? It just doesn’t really appeal.

The name [name]Ida[/name] has really grown on me. Its different and it was my great grandmother’s name :slight_smile: So I guess I’m a little biased.

[name]Ida[/name] is still too old-lady to me, sorry. I haven’t even warmed up to [name]Ada[/name] yet, although I’m trying. [name]Eve[/name], [name]Eva[/name], and [name]Ivy[/name] I love though.

The first time I saw [name]Ida[/name] on a baby, probably about a year or so ago, I was really, really thrown by it, even though I liked vintage names myself at the time and still do. I’ve actually come around to it since then, but not enough so that I could ever see myself using it.

I think that it’s still too crusty for a lot of people, but that it’s slowly reemerging as a much quirkier alternative to more well-liked names like [name]Ivy[/name], [name]Iris[/name], [name]Ada[/name], or even [name]Ava[/name].

I do like [name]Ida[/name]. It was my grandfather’s second wife’s name, so I do see it as really old fashioned, but I think it could work now.

My great grandmother was born [name]Ella[/name] and changed her name to [name]Ida[/name]. :slight_smile:

I think it’s a great quirkier peppier alternative to some of the more popular short vowel-y names. It just feels more substantial to me than names like [name]Isla[/name] or [name]Ella[/name].

I don’t love it or hate it. It’s in the ‘meh’ category for me. I did have an Auntie [name]Ida[/name] though who was a big loud lady and as a kid I did find her a little scary, so that may well be playing into how I feel about the name.

[name]Love[/name] [name]Ida[/name] prn. ee dah. I also love [name]Frieda[/name] and [name]Veda[/name]. :slight_smile:

I like vintage names and [name]Ida[/name] is one of them. Surprisingly, [name]Ida[/name] is quite popular in Scandinavia (Swedish actor [name]Dolph[/name] Lundgren of [name]Rocky[/name] fame has a daughter named [name]Ida[/name] but it would probably be pronounced “ee-duh”). I think it’s sweet in an old-fashioned sort of way and I think it would be a great alternative to the more popular [name]Ava[/name], [name]Eva[/name] , [name]Isla[/name] and [name]Mia[/name]. Short two-syllable girls names ending in “a” are all the rage but I don’t think [name]Ida[/name] will catch on any time soon in [name]North[/name] [name]America[/name] unless of course a major celebrity chooses it for a girl.

I love [name]Ida[/name]. If you’re looking for a good namesake to make you fall for the name even further, look up [name]Ida[/name] B. [name]Wells[/name]. She was a huge part of the early civil rights movement in the United States and also fought for women’s rights. I always see the name as sharp and gutsy because of her.

This my baby’s middle name! It’s afrer my husband’s gma…an eastern european math professor. It’s said eee-duh not eye-duh…not that I expect people to get that right. I don’t really mind cause I think it’s pretty either way!

[name]Ida[/name]'s very cool. I knew a sibset growing up [name]Nolan[/name] and [name]Ida[/name]. They both looked like silent movie stars (shrunk into children of course). I’m surprised it’s not more popular, the “I” sound is hot, as is the “a” ending, and of course vintage names as well.

I like it, but only with the EE-da pronunciation.

I know an [name]Ida[/name] and she’s just really unpleasant.

Beyond that, [name]Ida[/name] sounds like I the, [name]Ida[/name] man, [name]Ida[/name] _____ .