My immortal joy is here

Well, he arrived in [name_u]October[/name_u] but I’m just getting to this now :relaxed:

[name_u]Emrys[/name_u] [name_u]Lowen[/name_u]

I’m the adoptive single parent of this precious child. I was active on the forums throughout the pregnancy as I awaited his arrival and considered what I wanted to name him. I’ve returned to make this announcement because I want to thank you berries for all the wonderful support and community I received here during that time.

There was a lot to consider while naming him, including my heritage and birth mother’s heritage. I am mostly Scandinavian and Germanic and she is mostly of varied UK heritage. The one ancestral tie we share is Welsh, and so that is where I first looked for names. [name_u]Emrys[/name_u] stuck with me the moment I saw it, as I am also a nerd and was familiar with it already for its connection to [name_u]Merlin[/name_u]. I didnt commit until after he was born, though. I worked hard to find other names I loved and had a short list of 5 names that I carried in my heart until his birth. I spent the first 12 hours after he was born holding him and letting him tell me his name. It was definitely [name_u]Emrys[/name_u].

I had middle names picked for each of my short list first names. [name_u]Lowen[/name_u] was another first name pick for its Cornish roots, meaning, and sound. It was not a middle name I had chosen to go with [name_u]Emrys[/name_u]. However, when I knew [name_u]Emrys[/name_u] was the one, I instantly paired it with [name_u]Lowen[/name_u] and never looked back.

He is and already was my Immortal [name_f]Joy[/name_f] and it perfect.

Thank you again for being so incredibly helpful during my months of name considerations. This is truly a beautiful community!

63 Likes

Omg! Congrats! Much love!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I love this so much :blue_heart: his name is perfect! Congratulations!

1 Like

Congratulations! He has a wonderful name. Wishing you eternal happiness :sun_with_face:

1 Like

[name_f]Gorgeous[/name_f] name! Congratulations!

1 Like

Wow! What a meaningful and handsome name!
:dizzy::evergreen_tree::european_castle:

Congratulations!

1 Like

What a name with full of personal meaning! I absolutely love the story behind it. Congratulations! :heart: :partying_face:

1 Like

Congratulations and welcome to the single parent by choice club :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: His name is absolutely stunning :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

[name_f]Gorgeous[/name_f] name!! Congratulations!! :heart_eyes::white_heart:

1 Like

Congratulations! I love his name and the story of how you chose it.

1 Like

congratulations!! what a stunning name you’ve chosen. :yellow_heart:

1 Like

Congratulations! His name is absolutely perfect in every way.

1 Like

Congratulations!

Wishing you all the happiness with your beautifully named son :heart:

1 Like

His name is so beautiful!! What a gift. Congratulations!

1 Like

Congratulations!!!

1 Like

Congratulations! :heart:

1 Like

congratulations!! his name is so stunning! welcome to the world, emrys :heart:

1 Like

Congratulations! what a beautiful name!

1 Like

Congratulations! His name is perfect and so meaningful.

Congratulations! [name_u]Emrys[/name_u] is my top boys name, and [name_u]Lowen[/name_u] is actually right up there too as a middle name pick for us as an indirect honor to my mother, whose name is [name_f]Lorna[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f] (Lowen being similar to [name_f]Lorna[/name_f] and actually literally meaning Joy). I love the combo!