My girl’s list is currently comprised of:

•[name]Penelope[/name] nn [name]Polly[/name]
•[name]Margaret[/name] nn [name]Meg[/name]
•[name]Caroline[/name]
•Gwendolyn nn [name]Winnie[/name]

And I’ll just put my boy’s list here, too, since there aren’t many:
•[name]Donovan[/name] nn [name]Donny[/name]
•[name]Barrett[/name]

So, what do you think of these names? I’d love to hear feedback!

Also, how do they sound together, like as a sibset?

Thanks, Berries!

I like [name]Gwendolyn[/name] nn [name]Winnie[/name] and think that would fit well with your other names.

[name]Penelope[/name] is my favorite name and I do love [name]Polly[/name] as an alternative nn. [name]Margaret[/name] nn [name]Meg[/name], cannot go wrong with that one, it’s classic and sweet with tons of other nn options. My name is [name]Caroline[/name] and I’ve always adored it, although there’s not a standard nickname I like, I dont think it matters if your other names have nicknames and this one doesnt.

Haha, I guess I like your girls list a lot! All lovely classics.

I prefer [name]Barrett[/name] to [name]Donovan[/name], not sure why.

They would make a good sibset!

I really like [name]Caroline[/name]!

[name]Winnie[/name] options:

Elowen or anything with -wen/win on the end)
[name]Winter[/name]

~[name]Jasmine[/name]

[name]Penelope[/name] nn [name]Polly[/name]- I love [name]Penelope[/name], and [name]Polly[/name]! Timeless to me.
[name]Margaret[/name] nn [name]Meg[/name]- I love nn [name]Meg[/name], but I hate [name]Megan[/name] so I’m a little iffy on it. I love [name]Margaret[/name], but it’s a bit grandma-y.
[name]Caroline[/name]- [name]Caroline[/name] is oh so pretty and cute, but it’s way too popular where I live for me. I like [name]Carrie[/name].
[name]Winnie[/name]- All I can think of is [name]Winnie[/name] the Pooh, sorry. [name]Winter[/name] (as jasminelee suggested) is pretty.
[name]Donovan[/name] nn [name]Donny[/name]- I love [name]Donovan[/name] but I don’t like [name]Donny[/name]. I don’t feel like the nn is necessary.
[name]Barrett[/name]- [name]Don[/name]'t love…too last-namey?

I’m logging off now, BTW, but I intend on being back later. My dad has to get on the computer. Good luck with the trolls, berries!

I really like [name]Gwendolyn[/name] with the nn [name]Winnie[/name], how did I not think of that before???

Elowen is meh to me, and [name]Winter[/name] just isn’t my style.

Any one else have any comments? I’d love to hear them, negative or positive!

Gonna give it a bump, cause I’d love to hear more feedback!

I like all the names on your girls list, and I like the recommendation [name]Gwendolyn[/name] for [name]Winnie[/name]. You could also use [name]Arwen[/name], [name]Gwenevere[/name], [name]Gweneth[/name], [name]Rowena[/name], [name]Whitney[/name], Willhemina
I like [name]Penelope[/name], nn [name]Polly[/name], also [name]Poppy[/name] or [name]Nell[/name]
[name]Margaret[/name] is a nice solid name and I like [name]Meg[/name] and [name]Maggie[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name] is a bit dull, but pretty, I guess you could use nn [name]Cary[/name] or [name]Carly[/name] or [name]Lina[/name] or [name]Rina[/name]

Sorry, but I’m not fond of either of your boys names. [name]Donovan[/name]/[name]Donny[/name] feels very dated to me. I prefer [name]Devan[/name] and [name]Sullivan[/name] (nn [name]Sully[/name])
[name]Barrett[/name] isn’t bad but I prefer [name]Bennett[/name], I don’t like the nn [name]Barry[/name], though Rett isn’t bad.

I know a baby girl named Windom.

[name]Penelope[/name] nn [name]Polly[/name] – that’s lovely. I do like it, quite a lot, actually, however it’s currently breaching the walls of popularity, both fortunately and unfortunately. For a nickname, I prefer [name]Poppy[/name], but [name]Polly[/name]'s nice, too.
[name]Margaret[/name] nn [name]Meg[/name] – ah, [name]Margaret[/name]. I vastly prefer [name]Margot[/name] or [name]Marguerite[/name], because of the peculiar vigor and might [name]Margaret[/name] shows. It’s not gentle, but I admire it. [name]Love[/name] the nickname [name]Meg[/name] for [name]Margaret[/name] – I adore it!
[name]Caroline[/name] – I like [name]Caroline[/name], it was a childhood crush, so it always had a special place in me. For nicknames, I like [name]Caro[/name], [name]Linnie[/name], [name]Lina[/name], [name]Lolly[/name] and [name]Coco[/name] ([name]Lolly[/name] is a bit far-fetched, though…)
[name]Winnie[/name] – I don’t like [name]Winnie[/name]. It’s just so nickname-y and reminds me of [name]Winnie[/name] the Pooh – not in a good way.
[name]Donovan[/name] – appealing. I like the nickname [name]Don[/name].
[name]Barrett[/name] – It’s OK? Never heard of it before, to be honest. [name]Don[/name]'t like nn [name]Barry[/name] or Rett. Sounds a bit like [name]Bennett[/name].

That’s kinda cool, though a bit too much like window. Windermere or some derivation thereto could be cool though. Awesome character name obviously :slight_smile:

I never thought of [name]CoCo[/name] for a nickname for [name]Caroline[/name]. I like that!

I think the full name for [name]Winnie[/name] would probably be [name]Gwendolyn[/name]. Thanks lineska!

I’d love to hear more feedback!

•[name]Penelope[/name] nn [name]Polly[/name] - [name]Love[/name] [name]Penelope[/name] and cannot use it myself for a particular reason. I prefer [name]Poppy[/name] as a nickname, but [name]Polly[/name] is cute, too, and one I haven’t heard.
•[name]Margaret[/name] nn [name]Meg[/name] - [name]Love[/name] love love, and another I can’t use because I have a cousin names [name]Megan[/name] who is called [name]Meg[/name].
•[name]Caroline[/name] - In my top 10! I love it, it is classic and beautiful. [name]Carrie[/name] is the obvious nickname, but I don’t really like [name]Carrie[/name]. I’ve tossed around [name]Callie[/name] before, but nothing seems to compare to lovely [name]Caroline[/name].
•[name]Gwendolyn[/name] nn [name]Winnie[/name] (I don’t like [name]Winifred[/name], if you have other suggestions for a full name, I’d love to hear it!) - Oh my wow! I love [name]Winnie[/name], too, but have never been a fan of [name]Winifred[/name]. [name]Gwendolyn[/name] is not my style either, but it is nice to see another option for it - it would have never occurred to me!

And I’ll just put my boy’s list here, too, since there aren’t many:
•[name]Donovan[/name] nn [name]Donny[/name] - Not my style and I really don’t care for [name]Donny[/name].
•[name]Barrett[/name] - Cute.

[name]Love[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] and [name]Donny[/name]! So cute!

Thanks berries!

Anyone else?

I’m gonna go watch the Olympics on TV in ten minutes! See ya later, berries!

My name is [name]Gwendolyn[/name] and I kind of hate it. I go by [name]Gwen[/name], and much prefer that, but [name]Winnie[/name] is ok too. I’ve never thought of it as a nn for [name]Gwendolyn[/name], but it works.

I adore [name]Caroline[/name] and like the suggestion of nn [name]Callie[/name]!

[name]Penelope[/name] is nice but getting kind of mainstream; [name]Polly[/name] is down-to-earth and classic, [name]IMO[/name].

And I’ve always kind of hated the name [name]Margaret[/name] for no rational reason, but I love the nns [name]Maggie[/name] and [name]Meg[/name].

I really like both [name]Penelope[/name] and [name]Caroline[/name]. Of the two I would probably go with [name]Caroline[/name] as it is more classic and less trendy. [name]Penelope[/name] keeps climbing in popularity. Not a fan of [name]Gwendolyn[/name] or [name]Margaret[/name].

[name]Just[/name] a quick note on [name]Winnie[/name]- it can be short for [name]Winona[/name] too. [name]Winona[/name] is a Native American name (meaning escapes me right now) and was one of the top girls names with our last baby.

It seems like you’re in love with certain nicknames and you’re trying to find full names for them (I could be wrong here). I primarily go by my nickname ([name]Ellie[/name], full name [name]Elizabeth[/name]), which is nice to have in professional or classroom situations, as [name]Ellie[/name] can be a little kid-sy sometimes.
•[name]Penelope[/name] nn [name]Polly[/name] - I like [name]Penelope[/name] enough, but I’m not a huge fan of [name]Polly[/name]. Honestly, I’m probably not a huge fan of [name]Penelope[/name] because I’m not a huge fan of any nicknames for it. And also because I used to pronounce it [name]Pen[/name]-eh-lop when I was a kid (like cantaloupe, but penaloupe).
•[name]Margaret[/name] nn [name]Meg[/name] - I think [name]Meg[/name] is so cute. Though, if you call her [name]Meg[/name], people might assume her name is [name]Megan[/name]. No harm in that though, I always have to correct people when they think my name is [name]Eleanor[/name].
•[name]Caroline[/name] - My god-sister’s name is [name]Caroline[/name] and we call her Linie (pronounced [name]Line[/name]-ee). I like [name]Caroline[/name] because it doesn’t really need a nickname since it isn’t a mouthful all by its lonesome.
•[name]Gwendolyn[/name] nn [name]Winnie[/name] (I don’t like [name]Winifred[/name], if you have other suggestions for a full name, I’d love to hear it!) - If you’re just trying to find a longer name for [name]Winnie[/name], I’d go with [name]Gwen[/name] or [name]Gwyneth[/name] over [name]Gwendolyn[/name]. It’s always seemed like such an awkward name to me that I can’t imagine anyone ever using it.

•[name]Donovan[/name] nn [name]Donny[/name] - [name]Donovan[/name] is nice all on its own, [name]Donny[/name] seems useless.
•[name]Barrett[/name] - I have my own reasons for disliking [name]Barrett[/name], but I find it a little bit of an awful name anyways. I’ll agree with some other users on this one - [name]Bennett[/name] is nicer (and [name]Ben[/name] is a great nn over a possible [name]Barry[/name]).

As for a sibset, I can’t really see any of your boys names paired with your girls names. [name]Penelope[/name] and [name]Caroline[/name] would be cute together, but sans [name]Polly[/name].

there is a girl at school named [name]Caroline[/name] and another called [name]Carolyn[/name]. [name]Caroline[/name] gets called Caz alot or Car and [name]Carolyn[/name] is [name]Lyn[/name] or [name]Ara[/name]