My List: What Do You Think?

Here are my favorites, which I’ve realized are ridiculously not unique according to nameberry standards :slight_smile:

Girls:
[name]Audrina[/name]
[name]Larisa[/name]
[name]Jolene[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Isabella[/name]
[name]Cosette[/name]
[name]Trista[/name]
[name]Nora[/name]
[name]Whitney[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Gemma[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Sally[/name]
[name]Elise[/name]
[name]Ramona[/name]
[name]Vienna[/name]

Boys:
[name]Nathan[/name]
[name]Ryan[/name]
[name]Jackson[/name]
[name]Clay[/name]
[name]Bowen[/name]
[name]Lennon[/name]
[name]Colton[/name]
[name]Cash[/name]
[name]Roger[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name]
[name]Gavin[/name]

Any input/suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks!

These are the ones I like from your list:

Girls:
[name]Audrina[/name]
[name]Cosette[/name]
[name]Trista[/name] – favorite
[name]Genevieve[/name] – also favorite
[name]Elise[/name]

Boys:
[name]Nathan[/name]
[name]Bowen[/name]
[name]Colton[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name] – favorite

lol, most of my favorites are not unique enough for most Berries, either. Sometimes, having an obscure name can be a bit overrated, I think. I like a lot of your choices!

Girls:
[name]Audrina[/name] - pretty. I like [name]Audrey[/name] (which is even more popular!) more, personally, but I think it’s because [name]Audrina[/name] is frillier (and has the association to The Hills), while [name]Audrey[/name] is a bit more classic.
[name]Larisa[/name] - interesting. I like [name]Lara[/name], [name]Marisa[/name], [name]Marissa[/name], [name]Clarissa[/name], [name]Clarisse[/name], and even [name]Melissa[/name] more than [name]Larisa[/name]/[name]Larissa[/name], though… there’s just something about it that has never struck me.
[name]Jolene[/name] - pretty, but I don’t like the association to the song. It strikes me as a bit dated, too, but it’s probably because the only one I’ve known is my mom’s age, and it sounds similar to other dated -lene names like [name]Darlene[/name], [name]Marlene[/name], [name]Arlene[/name], and [name]Charlene[/name]…
[name]Ruby[/name] - love! I’ve recently come to terms that I’ll likely not use [name]Ruby[/name] as a FN but I think it’s a fabulous choice for others! I would love to use it as a MN someday, though. :slight_smile:
[name]Isabella[/name] - like a lot! I like the French [name]Isabelle[/name] more, but [name]Isabella[/name] definitely has her charm and there’s a reason she’s the number one name! I love [name]Izzy[/name], [name]Bella[/name], [name]Ella[/name], etc. as nns, too.
[name]Cosette[/name] - I’m not a huge [name]Colette[/name]/[name]Cosette[/name] fan, but it is a nice name.
[name]Trista[/name] - I prefer [name]Krista[/name] personally, but [name]Trista[/name] is cute.
[name]Nora[/name] - don’t love it, but I actually like [name]Norah[/name]. It’s surprising what one letter does!
[name]Whitney[/name] - feels dated to me but I used to like it for the nn [name]Whit[/name]!
[name]Lydia[/name] - lovelovelove! [name]Lydia[/name] is so charming. I love that she was the first [name]Christian[/name] believer in Europe, according to the Bible. Which is half of its appeal to me (that, and the nn [name]Lydie[/name]!). It’s currently on my top 10. :slight_smile:
[name]Lucy[/name] - I used to not be a huge fan of this, but I met a wonderful and charming [name]Lucy[/name] yesterday and I’m starting to see its appeal! I prefer [name]Lucia[/name], and I probably wouldn’t use it, but it is a nice name. That, and there’s a wonderful member on here with the name [name]Lucy[/name], and she’s kind of given me an appreciation for the name, as well. :slight_smile:
[name]Gemma[/name] - like a lot! [name]Gemma[/name] and [name]Genevieve[/name] were on my list at one point, and I decided I couldn’t have a [name]Gem[/name] and a [name]Genn[/name]… and I ended up nixing both! I like [name]Genevieve[/name] more now, but [name]Gemma[/name] is still… well, a gem. :slight_smile:
[name]Genevieve[/name] - love! This just narrowly missed being added to my top 10 this time around, but I absolutely love it! I like the nns [name]Ginny[/name] and [name]Evie[/name] for it right now.
[name]Sally[/name] - feels like a grandma name to me still, but I love other diminutives of [name]Sarah[/name] (especially [name]Sadie[/name]).
[name]Elise[/name] - charming and girly. I love it. [name]Magdalena[/name] [name]Elise[/name] is still on my long list. I went through a period of thinking [name]Elise[/name] was a bit boring and dated, but when I see it here I can’t help but love it. Maybe it’ll find its way back onto my list again…
[name]Ramona[/name] - used to hate it (really hate it), but it’s grown on me over the past several months and I really love it now! I doubt I would use it but it is really nice. I like the idea of [name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Ramona[/name] as a combo.
[name]Vienna[/name] - like a lot.

Boys:
[name]Nathan[/name] - for some reason I’m not a huge fan of [name]Nate[/name] names. [name]Nathan[/name] is handsome and respectable… I just don’t love it! Sorry.
[name]Ryan[/name] - somewhat classic but a bit tired where I am. It’s still a lovely name, though.
[name]Jackson[/name] - I prefer just [name]Jack[/name], personally. I love -son names but not [name]Jackson[/name], for some reason!
[name]Clay[/name] - I feel like I should love this (and I used to love [name]Clayton[/name]), but I’m not a huge fan anymore. Maybe it’s because I love the similar-sounding [name]Gray[/name]…
[name]Bowen[/name] - like a lot! I once heard a story about a wonderful baby named [name]Bowen[/name]… he was diagnosed with multiple heart problems before he was born, and was in heart surgery before he was a week old… he’s been through cardiac arrest and just continues to shine and is such a happy little boy… I can’t help but think of him every time I hear this name. I love it, and I love the nn [name]Bo[/name]/[name]Beau[/name] for it.
[name]Lennon[/name] - eh, okay, but I’m not crazy about the [name]John[/name] [name]Lennon[/name] association. I like [name]Lennox[/name] a lot more!
[name]Colton[/name] - cute! I love [name]Cole[/name] and I think [name]Colton[/name] is a handsome fuller version.
[name]Cash[/name] - okay, but I like [name]Ash[/name] or [name]Dash[/name] more. I think [name]Cassius[/name] ([name]CASH[/name]-us is how I would say it), nn [name]Cash[/name], would be really handsome.
[name]Roger[/name] - too dated for me, but I would endorse it with a family connection! It just seems too grandpa-ish for me, sorry.
[name]Griffin[/name] - I love [name]Finn[/name] names but [name]Griffin[/name] is one I’ve never understood! It’s a fine name–I just don’t understand all the hype around it. I like [name]Finnegan[/name], [name]Phineas[/name], [name]Finn[/name], [name]Flynn[/name], and [name]Finlay[/name] all much more.
[name]Gavin[/name] - love! It doesn’t get a lot of love around here but it doesn’t really get much hate, either. It’s fairly common but a really handsome boys’ name, imo! My coworker recently named her son [name]Gavin[/name] and I think it’s such a handsome, cool choice.

[name]Ruby[/name], [name]Isabella[/name], [name]Genevieve[/name], [name]Lydia[/name], [name]Vienna[/name], [name]Bowen[/name], [name]Colton[/name], and [name]Gavin[/name] are my favorites!

Good luck!

[name]Don[/name]'t feel bad. None of the names on my list are unique enough for most of the Berries either. [name]Welcome[/name] to the club!

Girls:
[name]Isabella[/name] (curse you, Twilight!)
[name]Lucy[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name] this one!
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Colette[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Nora[/name]
[name]Vienna[/name] (this one is lovely, and it’s not at all popular. [name]Vivian[/name], however, is very popular.)

Boys:
[name]Nathan[/name]
[name]Gavin[/name]

• [name]Both[/name] of these are great, solid names. I really like them both.

Of your girls names, I really like:
[name]Jolene[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Cosette[/name]
[name]Nora[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]

I might suggest [name]Joanna[/name] or [name]Josephine[/name] for you.

For boys, I like:
[name]Nathan[/name]
[name]Ryan[/name]
[name]Clay[/name]
[name]Colton[/name]
[name]Roger[/name] - I’ve been warming up to this lately.
[name]Griffin[/name]

I like…

Girls:
[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Nora[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Gemma[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]

Boys:
[name]Jackson[/name]
[name]Clay[/name]
[name]Bowen[/name]
[name]Colton[/name]
[name]Cash[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name]
[name]Gavin[/name]

Girls:
[name]Audrina[/name] - [name]Love[/name] it! It’s something I’m considering but I think I like [name]Audrey[/name] more (though it is more popular).
[name]Larisa[/name] - It’s ok.
[name]Jolene[/name] - Not bad.
[name]Ruby[/name] - [name]Love[/name]!
[name]Isabella[/name] - Hate.
[name]Cosette[/name] - It’s a last name to me because I know someone with this as a last name and no one with it as a first.
[name]Trista[/name] - It’s ok. I know a couple and they’re not the nicest people.
[name]Nora[/name] - Like.
[name]Whitney[/name] - I actually really like this name.
[name]Lydia[/name] - It’s ok.
[name]Lucy[/name] - [name]Love[/name]!
[name]Gemma[/name] - It’s ok.
[name]Genevieve[/name] - It’s ok.
[name]Sally[/name] - Meh.
[name]Elise[/name] - Not bad.
[name]Ramona[/name] - I like the nn [name]Romy[/name].
[name]Vienna[/name] - It’s ok.

Boys:
[name]Nathan[/name] - I like it, really like the nn [name]Nate[/name]. I’d consider it if I didn’t know so many Nates!
[name]Ryan[/name] - Like it.
[name]Jackson[/name] - It’s ok. Sad this got thrown into the “trendy” category because of [name]Jaxon[/name], [name]Jaxson[/name], etc.
[name]Clay[/name] - Meh.
[name]Bowen[/name] - Really don’t like.
[name]Lennon[/name] - It’s ok.
[name]Colton[/name] - Not bad.
[name]Cash[/name] - [name]Don[/name]'t like.
[name]Roger[/name] - It’s ok.
[name]Griffin[/name] - It’s ok.
[name]Gavin[/name] - [name]Love[/name]!

Favorites: [name]Lucy[/name] and [name]Gavin[/name]

I bolded the ones I like.
Girls:
[name]Audrina[/name] - sounds like an attempt to mix together [name]Audrey[/name] and [name]Katrina[/name]. Prefer [name]Katrina[/name].
[name]Larisa[/name] - [name]Clarissa[/name] with something missing
[name]Jolene[/name] - sassy and strong. Southern.
[name]Ruby[/name] - short, uplifting meaning, and feminine. Old-fashioned.
[name]Isabella[/name] - So popular. And I never liked “bella” as a nn. Prefer [name]Isabel[/name].
[name]Cosette[/name] - Cozy? Prefer [name]Colette[/name].
[name]Trista[/name] - [name]Tristan[/name] with something missing.
[name]Nora[/name] - short and sweet, modern yet tasteful.
[name]Whitney[/name] - biased against it due to a dog with that name.
[name]Lydia[/name] - [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Bennet[/name], idiotic flirt of Pride and Prejudice. A no for any [name]Austen[/name] addict like myself :slight_smile:
[name]Lucy[/name] - short and sweet again, plus pick any historical refrence to suit your tastes.
[name]Gemma[/name] - Sounds more like a nn. Although plus, it’s a saint name.
[name]Genevieve[/name] - too long for me
[name]Sally[/name] - sounds kind of dated and a nn for…nothing?
[name]Elise[/name] - my mother’s cousin, again sounds dated.
[name]Ramona[/name] - The Pest, by [name]Beverly[/name] [name]Cleary[/name]
[name]Vienna[/name] - a nice way to get the [name]Sienna[/name] sound without refering to a car.

Boys:
[name]Nathan[/name] - solid and biblical
[name]Ryan[/name] - I’ve known too many Ryans to like it, but it is short without being too short
[name]Jackson[/name] - I liked this until my little sister liked [name]Hannah[/name] [name]Montana[/name]
[name]Clay[/name] - As in sculpting?
[name]Bowen[/name] - Sounds like a company name.
[name]Lennon[/name] - [name]John[/name] [name]Lennon[/name]…
[name]Colton[/name] - Never heard before; actually kind of like. Surname name with [name]Cole[/name] as a nn, and solid otherwise
[name]Cash[/name] - $
[name]Roger[/name] - my great-uncle, still not bad.
[name]Griffin[/name] - caw! caw!
[name]Gavin[/name] - a way to get the [name]Kevin[/name] sound without being dated.

Good luck!

[name]Audrina[/name] - I like this, but I prefer [name]Audrey[/name] or [name]Audra[/name]. [name]Audrina[/name] just soiunds too long.
[name]Larisa[/name] - Hmm, I don’t really like this. It sounds kind of weird. I prefer [name]Melissa[/name] or [name]Carissa[/name].
[name]Jolene[/name] - Actually, this name is alright. [name]Jolene[/name] does sound a little . . . matronly though. Maybe just [name]Jolie[/name]?
[name]Ruby[/name] - Honestly, I don’t like this name very much. It’s acceptable though. I feel like [name]Ruby[/name] is too popular.
[name]Isabella[/name] - SO tired of hearing this name. Try a variation such as [name]Isla[/name], [name]Adella[/name], or [name]Isobel[/name].
[name]Cosette[/name] - I first though of [name]Les[/name] Miserables. Then I thought of Cozy, which would be a pretty weird nn.
[name]Trista[/name] - [name]Kinda[/name] reminds me of the cracker Triscuit haha. I can’t see [name]Trista[/name] on a little toddler though.
[name]Nora[/name] - I like this name alot, and I definately prefer it without the ‘h’. Two thumbs up!
[name]Whitney[/name] - Ehh, this is so-so for me. Not outstanding.
[name]Lydia[/name] - Kind of sweet and serious at the same time.
[name]Lucy[/name] - [name]Love[/name] this as a nn, but not as a full name. Try [name]Lucia[/name], [name]Lucienne[/name], or [name]Lucinda[/name].
[name]Gemma[/name] - I don’t like this at all. Sorry.
[name]Genevieve[/name] - It looks pretty, sounds too long for a little girl.
[name]Sally[/name] - This name has kind of been floating around in my head lately. I definately like the simplicity of the name and the elegance.
[name]Elise[/name] - Nice. Very clean and contemporary, while still having some old charm.
[name]Ramona[/name] - Like [name]Ramona[/name] and Beezus?
[name]Vienna[/name] - I don’t care for this. I prefer [name]Vivianne[/name].

[name]Nathan[/name] - I know quite a few [name]Nathan[/name]'s and they are all nice guys. [name]One[/name] thumb up.
[name]Ryan[/name] - Too popular, at least in my area.
[name]Jackson[/name] - I don’t like this name. What about just [name]Jack[/name]?
[name]Clay[/name] - It’s okay. [name]Just[/name] nms.
[name]Bowen[/name] - I kind of like this. It’s a nice variation of [name]Rowan[/name].
[name]Lennon[/name] - This is alright - I don’t really care for the nn [name]Len[/name].
[name]Colton[/name] - Nope. Nms.
[name]Cash[/name] - I really don’t see the appeal to this name.
[name]Roger[/name] - This name makes me smile. Two thumbs up!
[name]Griffin[/name] - This is my favorite on your boys list. Three thumbs up! Haha
[name]Gavin[/name] - Too popular and plain for me.

I hope that my advice doesn’t upset you in any way . . . just giving my honest opinion :slight_smile: Best of luck with your name search

Im kinda disappointed that no one likes [name]Larisa[/name]… Im a [name]Laurissa[/name], named after my mom [name]Laura[/name]. I personally love the name. [name]Ive[/name] never met anybody else with my name, which makes me love it even more! I think the spelling looks like it has something missing but thats probably because [name]Ive[/name] spelled it with all the extras for 22 years! With that said, my favorites are

Girls
[name]Lucy[/name] (my daughters name so i may be biased, [name]LOVE[/name] lucy but hated all the longer versions)
[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Gemma[/name]
[name]Nora[/name]

Boys
[name]Jackson[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name]
[name]Gavin[/name]
[name]Lennon[/name]

Girls:
[name]Audrina[/name] - kind of like. I have 2 references: The actress, and a book called My Sweet [name]Audrina[/name].
[name]Larisa[/name] - like it a lot.
[name]Jolene[/name] - not a big fan. A bit country sounding.
[name]Ruby[/name] - not so crazy about it.
[name]Isabella[/name] - like it.
[name]Cosette[/name] - cute in the US, maybe not in [name]France[/name]. [name]Don[/name]'t like nn Cozy.
[name]Trista[/name] - like it
[name]Nora[/name] - like a lot.
[name]Whitney[/name] - so-so
[name]Lydia[/name] - like a lot
[name]Lucy[/name] - nice.
[name]Gemma[/name] - love it.
[name]Genevieve[/name] - love it.
[name]Sally[/name] - okay.
[name]Elise[/name] - like a lot.
[name]Ramona[/name] - meh.
[name]Vienna[/name] - like.

Boys:
[name]Nathan[/name] - like
[name]Ryan[/name] - love. Popular for many years but I don’t care.
[name]Jackson[/name] - ok
[name]Clay[/name] - ok
[name]Bowen[/name] kind of like it
[name]Lennon[/name] - like it.
[name]Colton[/name] - so-so
[name]Cash[/name] not a big fan
[name]Roger[/name] - eh…it’s ok
[name]Griffin[/name] - like
[name]Gavin[/name] like