My list

This is a list of names that I would use for first names if I had a daughter. I have middle names for all of them, but that seems like too much to ask for opinions on so I’ll just stick with the first names.

[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Cassia[/name]
[name]Gwendolen[/name]
[name]Veronica[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Sabrina[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Jessamine[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name]
[name]Juniper[/name]
[name]Lucinda[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]

Opinions? Suggestions? What kind of style would you say I have? Are there any that don’t belong? Any feedback is appreciated!
Thanks Berries!

[name]Eliza[/name] - It’s a nice name. Very classic but not overly used.
[name]Cassia[/name] - I love it. It’s a nice twist and refreshing.
[name]Gwendolen[/name]- Nms, but I like it nonetheless.
[name]Veronica[/name]- It’s nice, I’m not a fan though
[name]Cordelia[/name]- I really like this one alot.
[name]Sabrina[/name] - Reminds me of [name]Sabrina[/name] the Teenage witch. I loved that show, it’s a nice name too.
[name]Juliet[/name]- It’s pretty, reminds me of [name]Shakespeare[/name]. I’m not a fan of [name]Romeo[/name] and [name]Juliet[/name] though.
[name]Penelope[/name]- I do not like. Reminds me of pigs for some reason. NO OFFENSE INTENDED. I do like the nn [name]Nellie[/name] for it though
[name]Jessamine[/name]- Meh, not a fan.
[name]Imogen[/name]- Not my style, never understood the like for the name.
[name]Susannah[/name]- I don’t like it. I
[name]Juniper[/name]- It’s okay.
[name]Lucinda[/name]- I like, but it’s a bit too old fashioned for a kid, so I’d use the nn [name]Lucy[/name].
[name]Fiona[/name]- [name]Do[/name] not like at all. Makes me think of Shrek.

I’d say your naming style is old-fashioned yet uniqueish.

I like [name]Juliet[/name] the best! I agree with last poster…dont understand the [name]Imogen[/name] craze at all. Maybe I’m pronouncing it wrong, but there is nothing appealing about that name to me???

[name]Eliza[/name]-All I hear is lie. I mean I know my last name is Lie(only it’s not actually spelled that way but it’s pronouced that way, just not in the English form though. It means sly and shameless. My grandmother was pretty surprised, or so I’m told, when my mom told her the last name of her boyfriend.)
[name]Cassia[/name]-Reminds me of [name]Acacia[/name] berries.
[name]Gwendolen[/name]-I prefer the y spelling.
[name]Veronica[/name]-Typical mean girl name in TV shows.
[name]Cordelia[/name]-I’m more of a [name]Cornelia[/name] fan.
[name]Sabrina[/name]-Reminds me of an athletic football brunette from middle school a.k.a one of mean girl [name]Emily[/name]'s sidekicks.
[name]Juliet[/name]-Should be interesting if she marries a [name]Romeo[/name].
[name]Penelope[/name]-I’m more of a [name]Persephone[/name] fan.
[name]Jessamine[/name]-I love nature names! So, of course. I always seem to pair this up with Belladonna. They look a lot alike except Belladonnas are pink and Jessamines are yellow.
[name]Imogen[/name]-More of an [name]Imagine[/name] fan.
[name]Susannah[/name]-Reminds me of the Old [name]West[/name] like the song; Oh, [name]Susanna[/name].
[name]Juniper[/name]-I love nature names! So, of course. But juniper berries hold a sentimental value to me because I used to dump them on my brother’s head. In fact, it was just yesterday when I saw [name]Juniper[/name]. It was on Nameberry too. So I decided that I heard the word long enough, I wanted to know what it is. The only thing I knew about it was that it was the name of a berry. When I typed it in on Google images, I realized that they looked exactly like those berries. They grew on the same tree.
[name]Lucinda[/name]-Sounds like a fairy name like from [name]Ella[/name] Enchanted.
[name]Fiona[/name]-Sounds like a princess name like from Shrek.

[name]Eliza[/name]: It’s an okay name, but nothing really special to me.

[name]Cassia[/name]: I really like it! I pronounce it cass-ee-a, but I’ve heard cash-a, which I think is ugly. But it’s a lovely name!

[name]Gwendolen[/name]: I’ve never liked it, but I definitely prefer this spelling over the Y one.

[name]Veronica[/name]: Another I’ve never liked, but it’s a perfectly fine name. [name]Ronnie[/name] is awful, though, but I like [name]Vera[/name].

[name]Cordelia[/name]: One of my very favorite names! I love it!

[name]Sabrina[/name]: I like it, but it’s the teeniest bit dated.

[name]Juliet[/name]: I love [name]Juliet[/name], though I prefer [name]Julia[/name].

[name]Penelope[/name]: I’ve never liked [name]Penelope[/name]; I find it sort of ridiculous sounding. That’s mostly just me, though.

[name]Jessamine[/name]: I really love this, and I would love to meet an actual [name]Jessamine[/name].

[name]Imogen[/name]: Again, I’ve just never liked this name. I don’t even get the appeal.

[name]Susannah[/name]: I like it, but it’s not one of my favorites.

[name]Juniper[/name]: I used to think this was ridiculous on a real person, then I met a 7 or 8 year old [name]Juniper[/name]. I still wouldn’t want to be named it, but it’s a lot more usable to me now. It’s an interesting name.

[name]Lucinda[/name]: I think it’s sweet, but I prefer [name]Lucia[/name] or [name]Lucienne[/name].

[name]Fiona[/name]: This is one of my longest favorites-- I love it!

You have a great list; my favorites are [name]Cassia[/name], [name]Cordelia[/name], [name]Juliet[/name], [name]Jessamine[/name], and [name]Fiona[/name]. :slight_smile:

Suggestions:

[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name]
[name]Clarissa[/name]
[name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Zinnia[/name]
[name]Ramona[/name]
[name]Theodora[/name]
[name]Magdalene[/name]
[name]Naomi[/name]
[name]Vivian[/name]
[name]Abigail[/name]
[name]Aurelia[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Camilla[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Philippa[/name]

[name]Eliza[/name]- I love [name]Eliza[/name]!
[name]Cassia[/name]- Quite like it but I would prefer [name]Cassidy[/name] or [name]Cassandra[/name].
[name]Gwendolen[/name]- I’m not a fan sorry.
[name]Veronica[/name]- [name]Don[/name]'t mind it, but does sound a little harsh to me.
[name]Cordelia[/name]- I used to dislike this name but it has been growing on me lately.
[name]Sabrina[/name]- Sorry not a fan of this one.
[name]Juliet[/name]- [name]LOVE[/name].
[name]Penelope[/name]- I really like, especially with nn [name]Penny[/name] or [name]Poppy[/name] :slight_smile:
[name]Jessamine[/name]- Not my style
[name]Imogen[/name]- I’ve always loved [name]Imogen[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name]- Really like this one too.
[name]Juniper[/name]- Cute, it’s unusual but I like it.
[name]Lucinda[/name]- Like it but it isn’t my favourite.
[name]Fiona[/name]- Same as [name]Lucinda[/name]

My favourites are [name]Eliza[/name], [name]Cordelia[/name], [name]Juliet[/name], [name]Penelope[/name], [name]Imogen[/name] and [name]Susannah[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Eliza[/name] - Looove [name]Eliza[/name]! So pretty. I’m really sorry this one doesn’t work in my home country ([name]Sweden[/name]).
[name]Cassia[/name] - [name]Don[/name]'t care very much for this one, I’m afraid. Cute but your other names are more interesting
[name]Gwendolen[/name] - This one has really grown on me! I like it.
[name]Veronica[/name] - Like it. [name]Don[/name]'t know why really, but I do.
[name]Cordelia[/name] - I’m so-so on this one.
[name]Sabrina[/name] - I prefer [name]Sabina[/name]. [name]Sabrina[/name] sounds a bit harsh. And the witch association…
[name]Juliet[/name] - Cute. I think I prefer [name]Julia[/name] though…
[name]Penelope[/name] - [name]Haven[/name]'t really understood this one, I have to say.
[name]Jessamine[/name] - Pretty, but not my favourite nature name.
[name]Imogen[/name] - Has definitely grown on me. I didn’t get [name]Imogen[/name] at all first, but now I really like it : )
[name]Susannah[/name] - Not my style. I don’t like the sound of this, I’m afraid.
[name]Juniper[/name] - [name]Juniper[/name] is awesome! Such a cool, spunky name!
[name]Lucinda[/name] - [name]Just[/name] not my style, I prefer [name]Lucy[/name] I think
[name]Fiona[/name] - [name]Lovely[/name]!

So, from you list, my favourites would be [name]Eliza[/name], [name]Fiona[/name], [name]Juniper[/name], [name]Imogen[/name] and [name]Gwendolen[/name]!

[name]Eliza[/name]-----------[name]LOVE[/name] this! Spunky and something that will work just as well when she’s an adult. Also like the Pride and Prejudice connection.
[name]Cassia[/name]------------Not one of my favorites. Might get mispronounced.
[name]Gwendolen[/name]-----------Always makes me think of [name]Gwendolen[/name] from The Importance of Being [name]Earnest[/name], I prefer [name]Guinevere[/name].
[name]Veronica[/name]-----------------Really strongly dislike. It just sounds so harsh to me.
[name]Cordelia[/name]----------------Not too keen on this one.
[name]Sabrina[/name]---------------------The Teenage Witch.
[name]Juliet[/name]--------------------BEAUTIFUL!
[name]Penelope[/name]--------------------This has really grown on me of late, I am really starting to like it!
[name]Jessamine[/name]--------------------Meh.
[name]Imogen[/name]---------------------I didn’t “get” this name at all at first, but it’s really grown on me lately.
[name]Susannah[/name]---------------------[name]Lovely[/name].
[name]Juniper[/name]-------------------Very quirky, not sure what I think of this one.
[name]Lucinda[/name]-----------------------Not one of my favorites.
[name]Fiona[/name]------------------------[name]Lovely[/name].

[name]Eliza[/name] - Not as NMS as [name]Clementine[/name], but close. I guess I don’t like Is (see below).
[name]Cassia[/name] - “[name]How[/name] is this not way more common?” I’m sure many others are asking that. So simple and almost-familiar, though most of us have never met one. (If most of you have, remember that I’m talking about more than members of this site.)
[name]Gwendolen[/name] - Could’ve been me, if I was a girl (though a Y-loving mother would’ve guaranteed me the other spelling). Neutral.
[name]Veronica[/name] - I used to have a weakness for Vs that has since faded, but [name]Veronica[/name] was never part of it. Not sure why…
[name]Cordelia[/name] - Very much an acquired taste, though I have acquired it.
[name]Sabrina[/name] - I could say [name]Archie[/name] soured this one for me, but it’s not the sort of name I would’ve liked anyway. Falls between [name]Samantha[/name] and [name]Sabine[/name] on the NMS list (and possibly between those on the your-style list?)
[name]Juliet[/name] - Not my top name, never was, but one of the names that best defines my style.
[name]Penelope[/name] - Almost everyone loves this, except those who find it somehow funny. I’m not one of those.
[name]Jessamine[/name] - You can take [name]Jasmine[/name], make it about twice as princessy, and naturally I’ll like it twice as much. This is the extreme feminine outlier among your list.
[name]Imogen[/name] - More than [name]Isabel[/name], more even than [name]Irene[/name] or [name]Ingrid[/name], this one defines NMS.
[name]Susannah[/name] - Feels way more ordinary than it is. For some, that would be a big plus; for me, not so. Oh, are you a [name]Suki[/name] person?
[name]Juniper[/name] - This doesn’t feel like the rest to me. [name]Every[/name] other one is absolutely girl; though I’ve never heard of a boy [name]Juniper[/name], I have trouble accepting it as a girl’s name.
[name]Lucinda[/name] - nameberry calls it pretty, I call it clunky - no, that’s not the right word, squeaky? I like flowery, but I prefer starting from something showier to embellishing a short and fairly ordinary name.
[name]Fiona[/name] - I could probably acquire this taste soon enough if I tried. I haven’t.

[name]Cassandra[/name], [name]Jonquil[/name], [name]Eulalia[/name], [name]Calla[/name], [name]Iolanthe[/name], [name]Hazel[/name]… ugh, not good at finding comparable names.