My long list and popularity

I’m not expecting just wanted thoughts on my name list and whether popularity should matter. Is regional popularity more important than the ssa charts? I look through the birth announcements religiously and through my nephews elementry yearbook and none of these names are very common in my area.My name is [name]Amy[/name] and I always said I would never use a popular name but now almost all of my favorites are popular.

Which of these names do you like?

[name]Isabella[/name][name]Izzie[/name][name]Isabelle[/name]
[name]Emma[/name]
[name]Olivia[/name]
[name]Sophia[/name][name]Sofia[/name]
[name]Ava[/name]
[name]Emily[/name]
[name]Abigail[/name][name]Abbie[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Grace[/name]
[name]Leah[/name]
[name]Anna[/name]
[name]Rachel[/name]
[name]Molly[/name]
[name]Eva[/name] or [name]Eve[/name]
[name]Aria[/name]
[name]Madeline[/name]
[name]Hope[/name]
[name]Jillian[/name]

My favorites are:

[name]Ava[/name] - [name]Ava[/name]/[name]Eva[/name] seem to be everywhere right now…but I think it is a beautiful sweet name.
[name]Grace[/name] - Sweet and elegant.
[name]Leah[/name] - A nice classic, theres a handful of Leahs about but it isn’t overly common.
[name]Molly[/name] - Isn’t as common as your other choices, but is still really sweet and spunky.
[name]Eva[/name] : Gorgeous but see [name]Ava[/name]*

I know how you feel about not wanting anything too popular. Most of the names on your list are VERY popular except for…
[name]Molly[/name]- this is adorable, but maybe too adorable?
[name]Jillian[/name]- I love this one. I’m considering it myself
[name]Aria[/name]- Never heard this one before but I like it a lot!
[name]Hope[/name]- Another one on my list. It sounds cute when they are little, but also sophisticated when they grow up.

Although the lists rank [name]Anna[/name] as being a somewhat popular name, we never run into any [name]Anna[/name]'s. I have a daughter named [name]Anna[/name] that is 5-years-old, and we have only run into two other [name]Anna[/name]'s in the past five years. Maybe it’s just not popular where we live ([name]Dallas[/name]). But of course I would say my favorite was [name]Anna[/name]. [name]Leah[/name] was our second choice.

[name]Isabella[/name][name]Izzie[/name][name]Isabelle[/name] - extremely popular name. I have run into tons of children named [name]Isabella[/name]/[name]Isa[/name]/[name]Izzie[/name]/[name]Bella[/name]/[name]Belle[/name]'s. Use at your own risk.
[name]Emma[/name] - I am not a fan of this name. Never really have been, but seeing it on so many children doesn’t make it better.
[name]Olivia[/name] - I like this name, but it is also really popular right now.
[name]Sophia[/name][name]Sofia[/name] - I wish this name had stayed hidden and shiny… now it is popular and heading to over used.
[name]Ava[/name] - I met a set of identical twins with the names [name]Ava[/name] and [name]Maya[/name] five years ago and it was the first time I had heard that name, I loved it still do!
[name]Emily[/name] - again, too popular for my tastes.
[name]Abigail[/name][name]Abbie[/name] - I love this name. It is popular but it doesn’t sound as over used as [name]Isabella[/name].
[name]Elizabeth[/name] - I am starting to love this name big time. It has so many nn possibilites. [name]Eli[/name], [name]Eliza[/name], [name]Liz[/name], [name]Lizzy[/name], [name]Liza[/name], [name]Lizbeth[/name], [name]Beth[/name], [name]Betty[/name] and [name]Betsy[/name].
[name]Grace[/name] - Sounds nick namey to me.
[name]Leah[/name] - This name just doesn’t do it for me.
[name]Anna[/name] - I love this name.
[name]Rachel[/name] - seems kind of old to me.
[name]Molly[/name] - My niece is named [name]Molly[/name] [name]Anne[/name], so cute!
[name]Eva[/name] or [name]Eve[/name] - I would want to used a longer name and shorten it to [name]Eva[/name] or [name]Eve[/name].
[name]Aria[/name] - I would probably pronounce it Area…
[name]Madeline[/name] - This name will forever be tainted by the poor little [name]Madeline[/name] McCann.
[name]Hope[/name] - I like [name]Faith[/name] better.
[name]Jillian[/name] - I like [name]Jillian[/name] a lot, I also like [name]Julia[/name].

[name]Isabella[/name]-doesn’t seem to be popular where I live which is strange since it’s number 1. I’m not big on the bell(a) endings they’re too frilly for me
[name]Emma[/name]-short & sweet
[name]Olivia[/name]-not bad, just not a fan
[name]Sophia[/name][name]Sofia[/name]-tired of this
[name]Ava[/name]-short but lady-like
[name]Emily[/name]-yuck
[name]Abigail[/name]-used to hate this, but now I like it, hate the nn [name]Abby[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name]-just ok
[name]Grace[/name]-filler mn, but lovely fn
[name]Leah[/name]-love
[name]Anna[/name]-cute
[name]Rachel[/name]-love
[name]Molly[/name]-love but see on a lot of pets
[name]Eva[/name] or [name]Eve[/name]-prefer [name]Eve[/name] or [name]Eden[/name] as an alternative
[name]Aria[/name]-yuck
[name]Madeline[/name]-love
[name]Hope[/name]-love
[name]Jillian[/name]- love nn [name]Jill[/name], but Biggest Loser has ruined [name]Jillian[/name] for me

over all I think you have a pretty good list, you could make some really good combos out of these

I love all your names, but these are my favorites :
[name]Isabelle[/name] - I definitely prefer [name]Isabelle[/name] to [name]Isabella[/name], it seems more sophisticated.
[name]Sophia[/name] - I really like this with the nn [name]Sophie[/name]. Very cute!
[name]Emily[/name] - a classic! I’m not sure it ages well though, I know a girl who says she doesn’t like her name because it’s “babyish.” She’s 18.
[name]Elizabeth[/name] - I love this. It ages great. Can’t go wrong with this!
[name]Grace[/name] - I love this one, but as a middle name.
[name]Leah[/name] - One of my favorites, it’s so cute!
[name]Molly[/name] - [name]Love[/name] it, but again, I don’t think it ages well.
[name]Madeline[/name] - Very cute, yet sophisticated, but also popular.
[name]Jillian[/name] - MY [name]FAVORITE[/name]! love it, it’s perfect!

MY favourites are [name]Kerry[/name], [name]Brigette[/name], and [name]Casey[/name]. [name]Do[/name] you like any of those?
YOUR list:
[name]Isabella[/name][name]Izzie[/name][name]Isabelle[/name]-I like [name]Isabella[/name] a lot(especially since thats my name)and I like [name]Izzie[/name] spelt [name]Izzy[/name]
[name]Emma[/name]-I like it because its beautiful, but it’s so popular.
[name]Olivia[/name]-Kind of, but its too popular
[name]Sophia[/name][name]Sofia[/name]-I like [name]Sophia[/name] best, but I like [name]Sophie[/name] better.
[name]Ava[/name]-Very pretty! [name]Just[/name] dont pair [name]Isabella[/name] and [name]Ava[/name] because thats too popular.
[name]Emily[/name]-Again with the popularity, but its a cute name.
[name]Abigail[/name][name]Abbie[/name]-I like [name]Abi[/name] for a nickname for [name]Abigail[/name]. But either than that I love [name]Abi[/name] and I definitely love [name]Abigail[/name].
[name]Elizabeth[/name]-I really like it. But I dont know, you could try [name]Elisabeth[/name](with an s) and you may like that better.
[name]Grace[/name]-I like it, but not as much as some others on your list.
[name]Leah[/name]-I love it, but I like the spelling [name]Lia[/name] or [name]Lea[/name].
[name]Anna[/name]-I like [name]Anne[/name] better.
[name]Rachel[/name]-[name]Love[/name] it.
[name]Molly[/name]-Hate it, sorry.
[name]Eva[/name] or [name]Eve[/name]-I like [name]Eva[/name]. Its cute.
[name]Aria[/name]-[name]Aria[/name] is really pretty!
[name]Madeline[/name]-Like it!!
[name]Hope[/name]-I really like it, but i wouldnt name a child that.
[name]Jillian[/name]-NO.

[name]Isabella[/name][name]Izzie[/name][name]Isabelle[/name] - popular, but very pretty, ages well and nickname [name]Izzie[/name] is cute!
[name]Emma[/name] - My favourite name ever, so I love this one!
[name]Olivia[/name] - like, but not my favourite
[name]Sophia[/name][name]Sofia[/name] - prefer just sophie, but sophia is nice and ages well
[name]Ava[/name] - I really like this
[name]Emily[/name] - really nice, sweet but sophisticated
[name]Abigail[/name][name]Abbie[/name] - i’m on the fence about this - prefer ‘abbie’ to ‘abigail’
[name]Elizabeth[/name] - very sophisticated and elegant
[name]Grace[/name] - pretty and elegant
[name]Leah[/name] - like, but prefer [name]Lia[/name] spelling
[name]Anna[/name] - love this! spunky, bright and cute
[name]Rachel[/name] - love this too! very pretty and feminine
[name]Molly[/name] - my name! I love it and feel it ages well
[name]Eva[/name] or [name]Eve[/name] - love this!
[name]Aria[/name] - not a fan
[name]Madeline[/name] - like this, prefer others
[name]Hope[/name] - love this! recently met a girl called [name]Hope[/name] and now i can see it on a child!
[name]Jillian[/name] - not a fan

[name]Molly[/name] would be by fave out of those names. All are nice, classic, and feminine though.

Your region is definitely a better indicator of popularity than the national stats. I don’t think popularity is a huge issue, though. You can always use a more unique middle. Plus, some people would rather fit in than stand out! Here are my opinions of your names:

[name]Isabella[/name][name]Izzie[/name][name]Isabelle[/name]: I have always loved the name [name]Isabelle[/name]! Very pretty:)
[name]Emma[/name]: Sweet and timeless
[name]Olivia[/name]: Pretty. I like this one too.
[name]Sophia[/name][name]Sofia[/name]: beautiful name and meaning!
[name]Ava[/name]: Great name that ages well.
[name]Emily[/name]: Pretty, just not my favorite.
[name]Abigail[/name][name]Abbie[/name]: Cute name, ages well.
[name]Elizabeth[/name]: a real classic; can’t go wrong!
[name]Grace[/name]: not my style, not sure why
[name]Leah[/name]: Simple, pretty, timeless
[name]Anna[/name]: another great classic
[name]Rachel[/name]: my name! i love having it and i’m sure your future child would too :slight_smile:
[name]Molly[/name]: cute! doesn’t age quite as well as the others
[name]Eva[/name] or [name]Eve[/name]: beautiful
[name]Aria[/name]: not common at all! very pretty
[name]Madeline[/name]: really common in my area, so it’s not my favorite
[name]Hope[/name]: again, just not my style
[name]Jillian[/name]: it’s nice. I always think of jillian from the biggest loser though