My name combinations for my little guy due in January...

See the results of this poll: Cassiel?

Respondents: 10 (This poll is closed)

• I love it: 1 (10%)
  • Not so much: 9 (90%)

I really like [name]William[/name] [name]Onyx[/name] Stitchman!

[name]Do[/name] any of these names have a personal meaning to you? That might tip the scales . . .

I’m having a hard time getting a feel for your style. Maybe if you elaborated about why you like these names you could get more relevant advice, but here I go! =)

[name]William[/name] [name]John[/name] Stitchman ([name]Will[/name] Stitchman)
A dignified-sounding choice, but not the most original or interesting. Safest choice, I’d say.

[name]Liam[/name] [name]John[/name] Stitchman
Perhaps you could stick with [name]William[/name] [name]John[/name] and call him [name]Liam[/name] if you’d like to use this name. This sounds more relaxed than [name]William[/name] [name]John[/name], but [name]Liam[/name] [name]John[/name] doesn’t flow as well for me. I’d prefer a longer mn to go with [name]Liam[/name].

[name]Noah[/name] [name]John[/name] Stitchman
This isn’t bad either, but I just am having a problem with two short names paired together. Although [name]Noah[/name] and [name]Liam[/name] have two syllables, their vowel sounds make them sound shorter, so paired with a short mn almost sounds clipped to me. I prefer [name]Noah[/name] [name]John[/name] to [name]Liam[/name] [name]John[/name] though.

Ender [name]John[/name] Stitchman
I’m guessing Ender is a family name you are thinking of incorporating? If so, I would keep it in the middle to avoid possible jokes. If not, I’d toss it.

[name]William[/name] [name]Onyx[/name] Stitchman
I like [name]William[/name] [name]Onyx[/name]. It creates some cool imagery. You’re taking a traditional name and adding a jewel to brighten it. Only potential problem is if the x sound followed by an s sound bothers you. [name]Onyx[/name] and Stitchman run together a little bit.

[name]Jude[/name] [name]Orion[/name] Stitchman
[name]Jude[/name] [name]Orion[/name]/[name]Judah[/name] [name]Ryan[/name]
Ambiguous sound, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing. I just thought I’d point it out.

[name]Liam[/name] Ender Stitchman
Liamender reminds me of salamander.

[name]Cassiel[/name] [name]John[/name] Stitchman
Not sure how I feel about the name [name]Cassiel[/name], but a much better choice to go with [name]John[/name] as a mn.

[name]Judah[/name] [name]Cassiel[/name] Stitchman my favourite
Has a good sound, so I can see how you like it. I’m just picking up on negative connotations that I think I should point out. [name]Judah[/name] is very similar to [name]Judas[/name], the disciple who betrayed [name]Jesus[/name] and [name]Cassiel[/name] is similar to [name]Cassius[/name], from [name]Julius[/name] [name]Caesar[/name].

[name]Judah[/name] [name]Dashiell[/name] Stitchman
Not a fan of the da sound repetition.

Other names you might like:
[name]Julian[/name], [name]Caleb[/name], [name]Isaac[/name], [name]Isaiah[/name], [name]Elijah[/name], [name]Seth[/name], [name]Gabriel[/name], [name]Samuel[/name], [name]Nolan[/name], [name]Evan[/name], [name]Ethan[/name], [name]Nathan[/name] (lots of -an names, sorry!), [name]Rhys[/name], [name]Connor[/name], [name]Owen[/name], Xavie, [name]Oscar[/name], [name]Jonah[/name]

Actually the only one that is a family name is [name]John[/name]. The rest were simply personal choices for various reasons. They all have some kind of meaning to me though…Some less than other. I think I’ll drop Ender :slight_smile:

Thank you sooo much for your thoughts and comments. Much appreciated. I’m just having such a difficult time trying to pick out a name. [name]Every[/name] time I suggest a name I get negative review without any constructive criticism. It would be great if those people had suggestions of their own lol. Anyway, thanks again for your thoughtful comments.