My names are not working...

[name]Oliver[/name], [name]Alexander[/name] and [name]Leo[/name].
I love them all. I can’t seem to make any combo I like.

Ideally I want 2 mn… but would consider 1.
[name]How[/name] can I make a name that works? because [name]Alexander[/name] and [name]Oliver[/name] sound so similar.
LN is 2 syllable- sounds like [name]Taylor[/name] but starts with a Y- so I have to be aware of initials like [name]LAY[/name] or worse [name]OLAY[/name]!

[name]William[/name] is another possibility for a MN- not as a FN. Samson is a family name, and a maybe MN.

HELP me make a great boy name combo, please!!!
It’s driving me mad.

Oh and opinions about which FN is your favourite and why appreciated!

Personally I love [name]Oliver[/name] with the nickname Oli! [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] works in my opinion! Good luck!!

I keep coming back to those names again and again.
I do like [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Alexander[/name].
I do love quirky Irish type names, but this time nothing is capturing my heart. I think maybe my tastes have become more traditional.

[name]Oliver[/name] [name]William[/name] Y----r works

and I like [name]Leo[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] Y----r works also

[name]Leo[/name] is my favorite–smooth and simple and classic
[name]Oliver[/name] is also very nice.
I’m not a huge fan of [name]Alexander[/name] but it’s okay.

I think the reason they’re not working is because 2 end in -er and 2 are 2 syllables makes combinations too stumbling. You need some 1 syllable names, especially if you want 2 middles. [name]Sam[/name], [name]Ace[/name], [name]Seth[/name], [name]Gage[/name], [name]Tate[/name], [name]Paul[/name], [name]Boyd[/name], [name]Rhys[/name], [name]Drew[/name], [name]Dean[/name], [name]Hale[/name], [name]Nash[/name], [name]Zane[/name], [name]Zeke[/name], [name]Dale[/name]

[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Tate[/name] [name]Alexander[/name]
[name]Leo[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Drew[/name]
[name]Alexander[/name] [name]William[/name] [name]Gage[/name]

I know right? I need a 1 syllable name! I have been crushing on [name]Tate[/name] lately.

I have been playing with combos for [name]Leo[/name] lately and my absolute favourite is [name]Leo[/name] [name]Charles[/name], or [name]Leo[/name] [name]Jack[/name] [name]Charles[/name] for the two middle names.

Funnily enough I was just about to ask what people thought of [name]Charles[/name] as a MN!
[name]Leo[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] [name]Charles[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] [name]Charles[/name]
[name]Alexander[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Charles[/name]

Oh and [name]George[/name]?

Joel?

Jack?

Reed?

Will?

With the names you mentioned, here are the combinations I like! Your list is so handsome and classic!

[name]Leo[/name] [name]Alexander[/name]
[name]William[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] or [name]Alexander[/name] [name]William[/name]
[name]Leo[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] [name]William[/name]
[name]William[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] or [name]Oliver[/name] [name]William[/name]
[name]Charles[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] - this one is super-distinguished!
[name]Leo[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] [name]Charles[/name]

My favourite of your names are [name]Leo[/name] and [name]Alexander[/name]. I personally prefer [name]Alexander[/name] in the middle spot because I do not like the nn [name]Alex[/name], but that’s just my taste!

Thanks for your ideas:
[name]Leo[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] [name]William[/name] LAWY? hmm are these initials OK?
[name]Oliver[/name] [name]William[/name] I like that :slight_smile: OWY is that OK initials?

I am going to sleep on it.

I think all of the combinations sound good together! Longer names with lots of syllables can be more cumbersome to say in my opinion, but these names are all so lovely and classic I think they work really well. Good luck finding that name that “clicks” for you in your mind!

I like your names and the only advise I have is that I think two names ending in -er do not sound well together. I like [name]Oliver[/name] as a first name, and if you want to use [name]Alexander[/name] as a middle, I’d suggest putting [name]Leo[/name] or [name]Charles[/name] between them:

[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Leo[/name] [name]Alexander[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Charles[/name] [name]Alexander[/name]

Thanks, I keeps tossing the combos around trying to find the right one with the right initials too. Hard work!

I like both of those.
I just flipped a combo: WDYT?
[name]Alexander[/name] [name]Charles[/name] [name]Oliver[/name]?

I came up with:
[name]Alexander[/name] [name]Leo[/name] [name]Charles[/name] WDYT?

I like [name]Leo[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] [name]William[/name]. It flows really nicely [name]IMO[/name].

[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Samson[/name] [name]Leo[/name]

[name]Leo[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] [name]William[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Samson[/name] [name]Leo[/name]
[name]Alexander[/name] [name]William[/name] [name]Leo[/name]

[name]Leo[/name] is my favorite, but [name]Alexander[/name] is also great because it’s a classic with tons of nickname options. Good luck!

I like that combo too. [name]Will[/name] run it by DH.

[name]Samson[/name] is a family name- so make it a special one. I like that combo.

[name]Alexander[/name] was my grandfather’s name too.

I am leaning towards [name]Alexander[/name] ATM as #1 as it was my grandfathers name. But I do love [name]Oliver[/name] so much… [name]Leo[/name] is just so spunky- but everytime I mention it my DD groans- apparently it is a ‘horrible name’. So perhaps [name]Leo[/name] will have to be in the middle.
I have been thinking [name]Alexander[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Leo[/name] the flow is &*%$ but I like the names.

[name]Leo[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] [name]Liam[/name] Y…R

[name]Leo[/name]'s my favorite (my DH’s name) [name]Alexander[/name] is also a favourite -we’re using it as a mn for our little one due in [name]September[/name]. LALY -that can’t be used against him… unless someone is very creative, I guess.

:slight_smile:

[name]Just[/name] curious- what is [name]Leo[/name] like? I find people seem to match their names. eg All of the [name]Jack[/name]'s I have known are quite similar.
I imagine [name]Leo[/name] being charismatic, adventurous eg travel, easy going, loves to chat, always on the go and intuitive.

hmmm… well, my [name]Leo[/name]'s full name is actually [name]Leonard[/name] -when he lived in Australia, he went by “[name]Len[/name]”, so maybe he doesn’t fit the same category, but he is entrepreneurial (constantly coming up with ideas for his work, our house, our lives etc.), he has a few friends rather than tons, but he is very loyal and supportive to them (he has lots of acquaintances, but only lets a few in close), he is driven & self-motivated, very smart, he’s travelled all over the world, but is just as happy to stay at home, constantly learning/reading something, spiritual in a very practical way (his faith in God is very important to him) and he loves Transformers lol :slight_smile: Not sure if that fits with your idea of a “[name]Leo[/name]”.