My "Names for Thought" List

Hey Berries,
I was wondering if you’d be able to share your opinions or any suggestions on the current names I am considering.

Here’s the list:

[name_f]Rosetta[/name_f] - It’s an old family name, I like that its frilly, and its a great alternative to [name_f]Rosella[/name_f] (since that’s a type of Australian Parrot and tomato sauce company!) It was an Romani ancestors name and I think it completely gives of that image. Roses, folk music etc.

[name_f]Margo[/name_f] - I am considering this one… I literally just finished [name_m]John[/name_m] [name_u]Green[/name_u]'s Paper Towns and feeling iffy. For anyone who has read it, I loved the spunkiness of beginning-of-the-book [name_f]Margo[/name_f], hence why I am considering it.

[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] - I’ve liked this for ages; but I finally saw [name_u]Blue[/name_u] Lagoon (yes, the 1980 version) a couple of weeks ago. I want to read the book though. I also like it because it has a Victorian flair about it.

[name_f]Vespera[/name_f] - Not usually my style; but man, [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] has such a way with words! Her talk of snow and stars is some of my favourite imagery and is something I’d love to emulate; but I don’t think I go through with anything like this. Too chicken.

[name_f]Mariella[/name_f] - An other frilly name, I think of it a Victorian day at the beach, like those really old postcards from the [name_u]Jersey[/name_u] Shore!

I am sure this isn’t all of them; but these are a few that come to mind.
Thanks! :slight_smile:

[name_f]Margo[/name_f] is lovely but I prefer [name_f]Margot[/name_f] just a personal preference. It sounds old but new, not popular but not weird.

[name_f]Vespera[/name_f] is amazing! I’ve loved [name_u]Vesper[/name_u] but the -a adds femininity which is divine! If you love this image then go for it!

[name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Vespera[/name_f] is perfect for you X

[name_f]Rosetta[/name_f] -I’m not too keen but yeah not the worst I have seen [[name_f]Rosetta[/name_f] over Jaxcyn]

[name_f]Margo[/name_f] -[name_f]LOVE[/name_f]. I am in the process of adding this to my list. Spunky and cool.

[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] -I also [name_f]LOVE[/name_f] this one.

[name_f]Vespera[/name_f] -Very light a floaty but the V seems to ground it. I like it for other children but not for my future littlies.

[name_f]Mariella[/name_f] - Not keen. Too frilly.

[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] [name_f]Vespera[/name_f] would be lovely!

[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] is my favorite.

[name_f]Margo[/name_f] and [name_f]Rosetta[/name_f] are actually cute. I’m a bit eh about [name_f]Rosetta[/name_f], but it has one of my favorite nicknames [name_f]Etta[/name_f], and [name_f]Margo[/name_f] is just so spunky - it’s one of those names I really want to like, but just don’t - but I love to see it on little girls.

I’m not that keen on [name_f]Mariella[/name_f] and Vespara. I prefer other -ella names, and Vespara just is too out there for my taste.

[name_f]Vespera[/name_f] is a dream. She’s like a bright hot pink and purple supernova in the pitch black sky, the aurora borealis on a silent night, a vivid painting and night-blooming flowers. She is by far my favorite, and would certainly wow everyone she meets.
[name_f]Rosella[/name_f]/[name_f]Rosetta[/name_f] is my second favorite, [name_f]Mariella[/name_f] the third (as I like [name_f]Marilla[/name_f] a bit better). I would be a bit hesitant about the [name_f]Rosetta[/name_f] [name_m]Stone[/name_m] thing, so I’d rather go with [name_f]Rosella[/name_f].

[name_f]Rosetta[/name_f] - I am not fond of ‘[name_f]Rose[/name_f]’ names in general and this one reminds me of [name_f]Rosetta[/name_f] [name_m]Stone[/name_m] the language courses.

[name_f]Margo[/name_f] - [name_f]Love[/name_f] this!

[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] - this one I am not crazy about for no particular reason. I guess it is just close to [name_f]Emma[/name_f] which is pretty but tired.

Verpera - [name_f]Love[/name_f] this. I love [name_u]Vesper[/name_u] and was seriously considering it for my daughter. [name_f]Vespera[/name_f] is cute it makes it more feminine with the ‘a’ ending.

[name_f]Mariella[/name_f] - Like this. [name_f]Love[/name_f] [name_f]Mariel[/name_f] and [name_f]Mariella[/name_f] is also pretty but a bit frillier than I tend towards.

[name_f]Margo[/name_f] and [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] are my favorites!

[name_f]Love[/name_f] [name_f]Mariella[/name_f], and I prefer frilly names.