My old favorites - comments please :)

I analyzed a list of old favorites from when I was a very young teenager.

What do you think? Any pros and cons?

Comments appreciated :slight_smile:

This is my top 10 from about 10 years ago. I made a list every month back then as I do now and then added them up for that period. In order of popularity:

1. [name_f]Estella[/name_f]
  2. [name_f]Kaia[/name_f] and [name_u]Kaya[/name_u]
  3. [name_u]Noah[/name_u]
  4. [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] and [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f]
  5. [name_f]Elsa[/name_f]
  6. [name_f]Daisy[/name_f]
  7. [name_f]Pia[/name_f]
  8. [name_f]Sofia[/name_f]
  9. [name_f]Ariella[/name_f]
  10. [name_f]Freja[/name_f]

What do you think?

This is my top 10 right now, today, for comparison:

1. [name_f]Lily[/name_f]
  2. [name_f]Isabella[/name_f]
  3. [name_f]Lana[/name_f]
  4. [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f]
  5. [name_f]Ilma[/name_f]
  6. [name_u]Skye[/name_u]
  7. [name_f]Luana[/name_f]
  8. [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
  9. [name_f]Eowyn[/name_f]
  10. [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you like my new or old list better?

By the way, I still love [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] and it is on my top 10 list on a regular basis. I always loved [name_f]Lily[/name_f] but it didn’t appear on my lists as often because it was always sort of there and I always preferred to put names on the lists back then that I loved at that very moment. [name_f]Lily[/name_f] is always my favorite name of all times, though, and always was.

I don’t mind any names on my old list but I can’t imagine me every choosing [name_u]Noah[/name_u] or [name_f]Pia[/name_f], I was really surprised I liked them so much in the past.

Personally I prefer your first list just bc there’s more names like But they’re both great list’s.

Names I like First list: Estella,Annabelle,Pia,
Elsa,Daisy, [name_f]Sophia[/name_f], [name_f]Ariella[/name_f], [name_f]Freja[/name_f]

Names I like on second list:Lily,Isabelle,Sky,Ivy, [name_f]Elowyn[/name_f], [name_f]Luana[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]Estella[/name_f]: formal, feeble, arrogant. Reminds me of [name_f]Estella[/name_f] Havisham, who isn’t an applaudable character.
[name_f]Kaia[/name_f] and [name_u]Kaya[/name_u]: sunny, nonchalant, insubstantial. I prefer [name_f]Kaia[/name_f] (or [name_f]Kaja[/name_f], the form used in my country) to [name_u]Kaya[/name_u].
[name_u]Noah[/name_u]: I know it’s also a feminine name, but it’s much too strongly associated with the antediluvian patriarch to use on a girl. I don’t like it on a boy either - it’s bristly and moany.
[name_f]Annabel[/name_f] and [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f]: pleasant and enamel blue. I much prefer [name_f]Annabel[/name_f].
[name_f]Elsa[/name_f]: not one of my favourite [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] diminutive. Disregarding the Frozen association, it makes me think of Wagner’s [name_f]Elsa[/name_f]. It feels austere and unornamented.
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]: childish and naïve, though the etymology is lovely.
[name_f]Pia[/name_f]: clipped, pious, and reminiscent of chickens? Probably due to its similarity to the Polish word for crow (as in the action a rooster performs, and not the bird).
[name_f]Sofia[/name_f]: I prefer [name_f]Sophia[/name_f], as [name_f]Sofia[/name_f] makes me think of the Bulgarian capital.
[name_f]Ariella[/name_f]: overly ornate.
[name_f]Freja[/name_f]: I prefer [name_f]Freya[/name_f], but it’s nice. Springlike.

I prefer your new list .

1 Like

I love the name [name_f]Pia[/name_f]! It’s so bright and peppy. It’s very short but has a bit more power than other micro names due to the plosive P.

I also like [name_f]Kaia[/name_f], [name_f]Daisy[/name_f], [name_f]Annabel[/name_f], [name_f]Lana[/name_f], [name_f]Ilma[/name_f] and [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f].

I have no idea which list I prefer. Both have their merits. [name_f]Pia[/name_f] and [name_f]Lana[/name_f] are my overall faves, so a point for each!

1 Like

Your old list:

1. [name_f]Estella[/name_f] - pretty, bright and elegant with a hint of the gothic and the literary
  2. [name_f]Kaia[/name_f] and [name_u]Kaya[/name_u] - I love [name_f]Kaia[/name_f] - sparky, full of kick and coolness - the con is that it might be mispronounced as Kay-uh
  3. [name_u]Noah[/name_u] - it’s okay, I prefer [name_u]Noa[/name_u], but I don’t feel too attached to it as it’s so popular
  4. [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] and [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] - I love [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] - cute, charming and stylish
  5. [name_f]Elsa[/name_f] - sharp but sweet, but still attached to Frozen maybe?
  6. [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] - sweet and cosy
  7. [name_f]Pia[/name_f] - pretty cute and international, though it is one that I can imagine kids pointing out the first syllable if you’re in a predominantly [name_f]English[/name_f] speaking country
  8. [name_f]Sofia[/name_f] - warm and solid but so popular
  9. [name_f]Ariella[/name_f] - it has flair and style, though I slightly prefer [name_u]Ariel[/name_u]
  10. [name_f]Freja[/name_f] - soft but strong, popular here in the UK, but not so much elsewhere.

In terms of preferring your new or old list, I’m not sure. There are definitely some names on your old list that I prefer to those on your new list, but there are plenty on your new list that I prefer to the old one - that’s not particularly helpful, but just know the new one is as good as the old for me!

1 Like

I love [name_f]Kaia[/name_f], [name_f]Pia[/name_f], [name_f]Freja[/name_f], [name_f]Ilma[/name_f], and [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]. Overall I probably lean towards the first list myself, but both are lovely.

1 Like