My son Gregor

[name]Hi[/name] Everyone

I am expecting my first baby - a boy - soon and we have almost decided to name him [name]Gregor[/name]. I would just like some feedback - what do you think of this name? Is it classy? Is it unusual? [name]How[/name] does it sound to you? I think it sounds strong and a bit different without being made-up. But I’d love some other opinions before I make it final! If we ever have a daughter, we would love to name her [name]Isla[/name] - do you think these are a little rhyme-y with their ‘uh’ endings? [name]Do[/name] they match as a sib-set?

We are not interested in making it [name]Gregory[/name], just [name]Gregor[/name], by the way.

Thanks so much! :slight_smile: xx

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Gregor[/name]!!!
[name]Gregor[/name] has much more character than [name]Gregory[/name]!! :slight_smile:

[name]Gregor[/name] is a great character on one of my favorite [name]German[/name] Soap operas, Verbotene Liebe. He’s studly and a good guy. So, biased though I am, I love it!

And I think [name]Gregor[/name] and [name]Isla[/name] go great together!

Thanks to both of you - it’s great to have positive feedback. I’d love to hear some more opinions if anyone else has some.

Thanks xx

[name]Gregor[/name] is a handsome name! [name]Do[/name] you like the nn of [name]Greg[/name]?

[name]Isla[/name] and [name]Gregor[/name] are lovely together and very fresh sounding too.

I think [name]Gregor[/name] is a very handsome name! Good choice! :slight_smile:
(And I think it goes beautifully with [name]Isla[/name] too!)

I think the very masculine nature of [name]Gregor[/name] makes it contrast well with the light [name]Isla[/name] - they are a good pair. [name]Gregor[/name] is more interesting than [name]Gregory[/name], too, in my opinion, although neither are my personal style (I prefer soft names - my sons are [name]Raphael[/name] and [name]Jasper[/name]).

Good luck!

I think [name]Gregor[/name] has a very handsome sound to it. It taps into modern ‘cool’ trends whilst still being a strong Scottish classic.

It is very nice with [name]Isla[/name] (especially as it also hails from [name]Scotland[/name]).
The rhymey-ness doesn’t bother me so much as the fact that I would probably assume there was a deliberate Scottish ‘theme’/heritage-being-honoured with the two together rather than “these are just two names we happen to like”.

That aside though, I think the two make a lovely wee Scottish pair! :slight_smile:

I like the name [name]Gregor[/name]. I think it’s a good choice. I love [name]Isla[/name]! I don’t think [name]Gregor[/name] and [name]Isla[/name] sound too close, but they don’t have the same ending the way I pronounce them.

I think [name]Gregor[/name] is different, stylish and feels familiar at the same time. I like it! I don’t see how it has a -uh ending either though…[name]How[/name] are you pronouncing it?

I can’t vouch for where carly4 lives, but certainly in the UK we tend to pronounce words with ‘er’, ‘or’ and ‘a’ endings all as an ‘uh’ sound.

e.g.:

baker = bay-kuh
sailor = say-luh
camera - cam-uh-ruh

I’m [name]Eleanor[/name] and here it’s prn [name]EL[/name]-en-uh :slight_smile: