My top 10, need some feedback

What do you think of my favorite names for each gender? thanks!

Girls:

Meadow
Primrose
Skye
Elaine
Alana
Bay
Madeline (-linn)
Amabel
Dolores ‘Dolly’
Hayley

I would probably not use Dolores because of its meaning but I really like it. I pronounce Alana as ah-LAH-na.

Boys:

Harvey
Luke
Aaron
Cato

I don’t like any other boys name at the moment. Would obviously not use Primrose and Cato in a sibset. Also wonder whether Cato is usable because the character is really not very nice. I pronounce it KAY-to.

[name]Meadow[/name] - [name]Meadow[/name] is very pretty, but not sure if I can picture it on a child
[name]Primrose[/name] - [name]Love[/name] [name]Primrose[/name], but can’t picture it on a child
[name]Skye[/name] - Dislike, have major white trash associations with this name.
[name]Elaine[/name] - Only just like [name]Elaine[/name], it’s a good solid name, but seems dated or something
[name]Alana[/name] - [name]Love[/name] [name]Alana[/name], love [name]Alannah[/name] spelling the best, but I have a thing for double letters
[name]Bay[/name] - NMS, not a big fan really, seems too short, maybe for a middle?
[name]Madeline[/name] (-linn) I always want to say this spelling as Mad-el-line, I prefer [name]Madelyn[/name] for Mad-el-lynn
[name]Amabel[/name] - [name]Love[/name] [name]Amabel[/name]!!!
[name]Dolores[/name] ‘[name]Dolly[/name]’ - NMS, too Umbridge and old lady like for me.
[name]Hayley[/name] - This name is a passing trend and will feel dated. There were too many ailey/ayley names for far too long. Sorry, but it feels like a major yuck to me!

[name]Harvey[/name] - NMS, never have been a fan of [name]Harvey[/name].
[name]Luke[/name] - [name]Love[/name] [name]Luke[/name]! (My Nephew [name]Lucas[/name] should be born today!!!)
[name]Aaron[/name] - Feels dated to me
[name]Cato[/name] - [name]Love[/name] [name]Cato[/name], kind of expecting a popularity boost due to The Hunger Games

Girls:
[name]Meadow[/name]-very pretty
[name]Primrose[/name]-nms
[name]Skye[/name]-okay first name, great middle name
[name]Elaine[/name]-don’t like, to harsh sounding
[name]Alana[/name]-okay
[name]Bay[/name]-[name]LOVE[/name] [name]LOVE[/name] [name]LOVE[/name]
[name]Madeline[/name] (-linn)-for the pronunciation [name]Lynn[/name], use different spelling
[name]Amabel[/name]-I do love it but honestly makes me think of cows
[name]Dolores[/name] ‘[name]Dolly[/name]’-Hello [name]Dolly[/name]! I actually do love [name]Dolly[/name] but there’s a lot of associations with this name (all good).
[name]Hayley[/name]-no

I would probably not use [name]Dolores[/name] because of its meaning but I really like it. I pronounce [name]Alana[/name] as ah-LAH-na.

Boys:
[name]Harvey[/name]-Dangerfield, where is Dangerfield even from!? I just have that association without remembering why.
[name]Luke[/name]-prefer [name]Lukus[/name], spelled this way because it’s my husband’s mn and it’s spelled this way
[name]Aaron[/name]-good name
[name]Cato[/name]-bad associations

[name]Meadow[/name] - mn only
[name]Primrose[/name] - mn only due to Hunger Games. I’m seeing this name being considered a lot now which just means it will become more popular and trendy.
[name]Skye[/name] - mn only
[name]Elaine[/name] - I like the Arthurian connection. I knew an [name]Elaine[/name] when I was young and she was a good friend so I have positive feelings for this name.
[name]Alana[/name] - OK
[name]Bay[/name] - mn only
[name]Madeline[/name] (-linn) - I prefer the French spelling [name]Madeleine[/name] myself. Pretty enough.
[name]Amabel[/name] - This is my fave of your names. It’s different, sweet and pretty!
[name]Dolores[/name] ‘[name]Dolly[/name]’ - I like [name]Dolores[/name] so it’s a shame about the meaning. [name]Do[/name] you like [name]Dorothy[/name]/[name]Dorothea[/name] or [name]Theodora[/name]?
[name]Hayley[/name] - It sounds nice but it’s very trendy (I don’t like the double y’s at all)

Boys:

[name]Harvey[/name] - I have a soft spot for [name]Harvey[/name]. I think it has a lot of vintage charm and it’s a great alternative to popular [name]Henry[/name].
[name]Luke[/name] - Ok
[name]Aaron[/name] - A biblical name that is strong and masculine but not over-the-top macho. [name]Love[/name] it!
[name]Cato[/name] - I think Hunger Games and [name]Kato[/name] [name]Kaelin[/name] have ruined this name for now. [name]Shame[/name].

[name]Meadow[/name] - NMS.
[name]Primrose[/name] - Isn’t this a name of someone in one of those Hunger Games books? Beyond that, NMS.
[name]Skye[/name] - pretty. Definitely not common.
[name]Elaine[/name] - very nice. nn [name]Lainey[/name], [name]Laine[/name], [name]Ellie[/name], [name]Elle[/name], etc. Lots of fun options if you want a nn.
[name]Alana[/name] - I’ve always liked this one. Spunky and feminine.
[name]Bay[/name] - Like a body of water? No thanks.
[name]Madeline[/name] (-linn) - I’d pronounce that spelling “Mad-el-ine”, because of the “e” at the end indicating a hard “i” sound. Maybe [name]Madelyn[/name] to make sure it’s pronounced properly? Nice name, but NMS either way.
[name]Amabel[/name] - No thanks. The girl will be correcting people all her life who think her name is “[name]Annabel[/name]”
[name]Dolores[/name] ‘[name]Dolly[/name]’ - NMS.
[name]Hayley[/name] - Ok, I guess. Not a fan of the name or the spelling, but it’s not awful.

[name]Harvey[/name] - Ok. Not a huge fan.
[name]Luke[/name] - Like this one a lot.
[name]Aaron[/name] - Yes. great name.
[name]Cato[/name] - Interesting. NMS, but a unique choice without being absurdly odd. Apparently this is another Hunger Games name? All I can associate with it is [name]Kato[/name] [name]Kaelin[/name] from the O.J. [name]Simpson[/name] trial back in the mid-90’s. (and thus I have dated myself…)

Personally, I really dislike the idea of using names from fad novels, especially odd names like [name]Cato[/name] and [name]Primrose[/name]. But if you really like them, go for it.

I liked [name]Primrose[/name] and [name]Cato[/name] before the books even came out. Especially [name]Primrose[/name]. I think it’s pretty annoying that [name]Cato[/name] has been given to that awful character. At least [name]Primrose[/name] is nice. Oh and in the book she’s always called Prim, I intend to call her [name]Primrose[/name] and [name]Rosie[/name].

[name]Meadow[/name] - This one has grown on me since a cousin used it for her daughter. It helps that the child is so sunny and delightful! To me it conjures up a beautiful summer’s day in an English country meadow, picnics, cotton dresses and cartwheels and running barefoot :slight_smile:
[name]Primrose[/name] - Like it, and it’s making a well-deserved return to popularity (shame it’s now associated with the Hunger Games).
[name]Skye[/name] - Like it, especially with the above two.
[name]Elaine[/name] - [name]Don[/name]'t like it, so many of my mum’s friends are called [name]Elaine[/name].
[name]Alana[/name] - [name]Love[/name].
[name]Bay[/name] - Sorry, it makes me think of horses and coastlines.
[name]Madeline[/name] (-linn) - Like this with any pronunciation of -ine, -inn, and even -aine.
[name]Amabel[/name] - I think you’d get a lot of people saying “[name]Annabel[/name]?” and you going “no, [name]Amabel[/name], with an m”…
[name]Dolores[/name] ‘[name]Dolly[/name]’ - NMS and I agree with you on the meaning.
[name]Hayley[/name] - It’s unfortunate that this one is so overused/dated. I recently met a [name]Hala[/name] (pronounced Hay-lah).

Boys:

[name]Harvey[/name] - Too popular where I live (UK), and also bad associations for me.
[name]Luke[/name] - It’s ok.
[name]Aaron[/name] - NMS, but it’s ok.
[name]Cato[/name] - [name]Ah[/name], I love it. Damn those Hunger Games.

[name]Meadow[/name] - has a beautiful sound. Never considered it as a baby name before but like it.
[name]Primrose[/name] - I don’t like the prim sound. [name]Rose[/name] on its own would be nicer.
[name]Skye[/name] - love lots!
[name]Elaine[/name] - pretty sounding but very dated [name]IMO[/name]. [name]How[/name] about [name]Elena[/name] or [name]Laney[/name]?
[name]Alana[/name] - used to love this name now I think its ok. [name]Love[/name] [name]Lana[/name] though.
[name]Bay[/name] - this is a boys name to me.
[name]Madeline[/name] - I prefer [name]Madeleine[/name] spelling and line pronunciation but its very beautiful either way.
[name]Amabel[/name] - much prefer [name]Annabel[/name].
[name]Dolores[/name] - it has a lovely sound but but can’t see it on a baby. [name]Dolly[/name] is cute.
[name]Hayley[/name] - nice.
[name]Harvey[/name] - very popular where I live if that bothers you. Nice name though.
[name]Luke[/name] - never been a fan. Rhymes with puke which has always put me off!
[name]Aaron[/name] - if pronounced [name]AIR[/name]-UN then I love it. If pronounced A-RUN then I prefer [name]Aran[/name] spelling.
[name]Cato[/name] - this just makes me think of the [name]Roman[/name] figure. As a name I quite like it but may be a bit too out there.

[name]Meadow[/name] - Like.
[name]Primrose[/name] - Like, but not my favourite [name]Rose[/name] name. I do like [name]Rosamund[/name] or [name]Rosemary[/name]. [name]Primrose[/name] does have “prim and proper” baggage.
[name]Skye[/name] - Dislike. [name]Sky[/name] is a little better but this feels dated and cheap to me, especially for a girl.
[name]Elaine[/name] - Dislike. Never have liked [name]Elaine[/name], sorry.
[name]Alana[/name] - [name]Love[/name].
[name]Bay[/name] - Prefer [name]Laurel[/name], as in bay laurel. As far herbal names, I like [name]Tansy[/name], [name]Lavender[/name], [name]Rue[/name], and a number of others more than I like [name]Bay[/name].
[name]Madeline[/name] (-linn) - [name]Madeline[/name] is okay but I would probably go [name]Madeleine[/name]. [name]Madeline[/name]/[name]Madelyn[/name] are both astoundingly popular, depending on where you are.
[name]Amabel[/name] - Like. People will think it is [name]Annabel[/name] though.
[name]Dolores[/name] ‘[name]Dolly[/name]’ - It’s a brave choice but I don’t hate it. I don’t mind the meaning.
[name]Hayley[/name] - Dislike.

Boys:

[name]Harvey[/name] - Very usable, in the US completely unpopular, in [name]Britain[/name] over-popular, in Australia in the middle and I don’t know where you are. My favourite of your boys list.
[name]Luke[/name] - I’m a bit weary of [name]Lucas[/name]/[name]Luke[/name]/[name]Luca[/name] if you add them all up its a LOT of young boys over the last decade or so.
[name]Aaron[/name] - Not my favourite Biblical name, but usable. I have bad associations with it.
[name]Cato[/name] - I wouldn’t use this and I don’t really like it anyway.

is [name]Harvey[/name] really that common in the UK? [name]Just[/name] wondering. The highest it ever placed was #27 which is high but shouldn’t be super common. It has fallen rather quickly in the last few years and is now only at #47

It is a fairly common name in the UK and has had some high profile use by D-list celebrities, so its associations over here are now pretty trashy which is a real shame.

It is pretty dated now; it hit us big in the early 2000s, I believe.

[name]Meadow[/name]
[name]Skye[/name] these two have a naturey, hippy-dippy vibe that’s not really my style.

[name]Primrose[/name] - nice image, but I have trouble imagining actually calling someone this.

[name]Elaine[/name] - not bad. It would stand out because it has not been in fashion for a while.
[name]Alana[/name] - very pretty. Spelled like this looks like a-[name]LAY[/name]-na to me, though. I like either pronunciation.
[name]Bay[/name] - seems like it should be a nickname for something.
[name]Madeline[/name] (-linn) that’s the way I say it too. I like the [name]Madeleine[/name] spelling better. [name]Madeline[/name] is pretty but not my favorite.
[name]Amabel[/name] - love it. Of course, everyone will think her name is [name]Annabel[/name] (which I also love).
[name]Dolores[/name] ‘[name]Dolly[/name]’ - not really a fan of [name]Dolores[/name] or the nickname [name]Dolly[/name].
[name]Hayley[/name] - love it spelled that way. My dad (age 76) liked this name because of child actress [name]Hayley[/name] [name]Mills[/name], so I heard of the name years before it became so popular, in so many different spellings.
Boys:

[name]Harvey[/name] - has an old mannish sound to me, don’t really like.
[name]Luke[/name] like a lot.
[name]Aaron[/name] like a lot.
[name]Cato[/name] interesting, but I think it’s too out there for me. I’d like to see someone else use it.

Girls:
[name]Meadow[/name]- Not a fan at all…feels too clunky
[name]Primrose[/name] - I like it, it’s grown on me since the Hunger Games
[name]Skye[/name] - This name just feels cheap to me
[name]Elaine[/name] - Too old…[name]Elena[/name] (el-lay-nah) would be prettier though
[name]Alana[/name] - Like it, prefer it spelled [name]Alannah[/name]
[name]Bay[/name] - I really like this name a lot!
[name]Madeline[/name] (-linn)-Not a fan…too popular for me
[name]Amabel[/name]-Not a fan
[name]Dolores[/name] - Nope…too much!
[name]Hayley[/name] -Too popular and trendy for me

Boys:
[name]Harvey[/name]- I love [name]Harvey[/name]!!!
[name]Luke[/name] -I prefer [name]Lucas[/name], but nonetheless, I’m not in love with [name]Luke[/name] or [name]Lucas[/name]
[name]Aaron[/name]-My favorite of your boys names
[name]Cato[/name]- It’s ok, I can definitely see it growing in popularity