My top girl names

I would love brutally honest feedback on all of these and welcome any suggestions. We have boy names we love and girl names are a little harder. [name_f]Petra[/name_f] is my favorite so far.

Petra
[name_u]Ridley[/name_u]
[name_u]Harbor[/name_u]

1 Like

I like them all, but my favourite is [name_f]Petra[/name_f].

2 Likes

Petra is by far my favorite. I personally much prefer [name_u]Ridley[/name_u] and [name_u]Harbor[/name_u] on a boy.

1 Like

Absolutely love them all! [name_u]Ridley[/name_u]’s my favourite :white_heart:

1 Like

Harbor is so unique! I haven’t heard [name_f]Petra[/name_f] a lot either but I like it! [name_u]Ridley[/name_u] is my favorite though! These names are so pretty!

2 Likes

I adore [name_u]Harbor[/name_u]!

1 Like

Petra is my favorite! I think it’s the one for you, quite surprised to see [name_u]Harbor[/name_u] and [name_u]Ridley[/name_u] given how their so different in name and style compared to [name_f]Petra[/name_f], I love [name_u]Harbor[/name_u] however as I think it’s beautiful! Other names similar;

Names like [name_f]Petra[/name_f]:

• Mona
  • Talia
  • Alma
  • Lucia
  • Vanya
  • Doris
  • Etta

Names like [name_u]Harbor[/name_u]:

• Brooke
  • Piper
  • Daisy
  • Aspen
  • Rowan
  • Dove
  • Scout

Names like [name_u]Ridley[/name_u]

• Briony
  • Avery
  • Kendall
  • Bellamy
  • Everleigh
  • Ashlyn
1 Like

They are all quite nice, but I think I prefer [name_u]Harbor[/name_u] best for its cool meaning and vibe.

1 Like

Petra is sharp and sophisticated

Ridley is quite bold and interesting

Harbor is warm and interesting

2 Likes

Love [name_u]Harbor[/name_u]! [name_u]Harbor[/name_u] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] is on my list!

1 Like

Petra is also my favourite from your list.
[name_u]Harbor[/name_u] is really fun and spunky, but I’m not really a fan of [name_u]Ridley[/name_u] - it makes me think if of getting ‘rid’ of something.

1 Like

Not a big fan of [name_f]Petra[/name_f]. It makes me think of [name_f]Peta[/name_f] from the hunger games, then PETA the animal group, then petri dish.

Ridley is meh. I like it the best out of your options hear. It reminds me of riddle which is kind of fun and kind of strange.

Harbor feels too word association like for me. I just think of water and a harbor. I can’t see it as a baby name.

Some suggestions based off of these…
[name_f]Petra[/name_f] - [name_f]Phillipa[/name_f], [name_f]Greta[/name_f], [name_f]Freya[/name_f]
[name_u]Ridley[/name_u] - [name_u]Oakley[/name_u], [name_u]Hadley[/name_u], [name_u]Avery[/name_u]
[name_u]Harbor[/name_u] - [name_u]Laken[/name_u], [name_u]Dove[/name_u], [name_f]Lily[/name_f]

1 Like

I really like [name_f]Petra[/name_f]! The other two not as much. But I think all three of them could work.

1 Like

I like [name_f]Petra[/name_f] a lot! It used to be one of my favourite names. I would still consider it maybe as a middle.
I also like [name_u]Ridley[/name_u] and [name_u]Harbor[/name_u], although [name_u]Ridley[/name_u] seems like more of a boys name to me. [name_u]Harbor[/name_u] is really cool - I like the nautical association.

1 Like

That’s super helpful! When I read it in my head I pronounce it [name_f]Pet[/name_f] ra not [name_m]Pete[/name_m] ra. Does that change it at all or are those associations really strong still?
Thank you. Want to think this over very thoroughly!

1 Like

Not a fan of any of those names!
[name_f]Petra[/name_f] reminds me of petting an animal, could have some poor nicknames in school.
[name_u]Ridley[/name_u] is OK, could not imagine being an adult with that name though. Maybe it could be a cute nickname for something else.
[name_u]Harbor[/name_u] I associate too much with an actual Harbour and not a name.

That’s my honest opinion as requested. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not a fan of any of these names sorry. [name_f]Petra[/name_f] is commonly use as a name for horses here in my country 'cause of a film called Petrang Kabayo ([name_f]Petra[/name_f] the Horse). [name_u]Ridley[/name_u] reminds me of the dinosaur from Metroid; a nintendo game. and [name_u]Harbor[/name_u] just doesn’t sound good to me.

1 Like

Trust me this feedback is the most helpful! Thank you! Not gonna lie we’re hoping for a boy because girl names have been so hard haha.

Thank you! What country?

1 Like

Philippines

1 Like