My top names, thoughts, suggestions?

So here are my current favorites for boys and girls. I’d love feedback on them and any suggestions. My son’s name is [name]Dashiell[/name] nn [name]Dash[/name], and I want something that has the same feel, which to me is quirky and handsome (like the other thread!), I also love that it’s never been in the top 1000!

Boys:
[name]Leo[/name] (or [name]Leonardo[/name])
[name]Zachary[/name] (it’s popular but I [name]LOVE[/name] it!)
[name]Julius[/name] nn [name]Jude[/name] (maybe not since we’re close with my sister-in-law and her name is [name]Julie[/name])
[name]Jude[/name] (hesitate as how short it is)
[name]Harvey[/name] (maybe too quirky?)
[name]Dexter[/name] nn [name]Dex[/name] (Doesn’t work with my last name, but I love it)
[name]August[/name] nn [name]Augie[/name]/[name]Gus[/name] (too feminine?)
[name]Everett[/name] nn [name]Rex[/name] (I [name]LOVE[/name] this, but hubby hates it :frowning: )
[name]Frederick[/name] nn [name]Freddy[/name] (so in love with [name]Freddy[/name], but too normal compared to [name]Dashiell[/name]?)
[name]Thomas[/name] (same problem as [name]Frederick[/name], plus hubby doesn’t like it, I love it)
[name]Wesley[/name]/[name]Westley[/name] (I don’t know which I prefer, I like the nn [name]West[/name]. Pretty sure the family would hate these, though)

Girls:
[name]Fable[/name] (I know, so not a nameberry name, but we both love it, and it has meaning for us, and if she hated it, she could go by [name]Faye[/name], another of my favorite names)
[name]Scarlett[/name] (I’ve always been in love with [name]Scarlett[/name])
[name]Gemma[/name] ([name]Chris[/name] hates this, but it’s one of my favorites. Afraid of similarity to [name]Emma[/name], though)
[name]Dinah[/name] (don’t want to start a D pattern, but [name]LOVE[/name] [name]LOVE[/name] [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Dinah[/name]!)
[name]Rosalie[/name] (for my grandma, I think it’s so lovely)
[name]Lucy[/name] (for my [name]MIL[/name]. [name]Love[/name] it, but might be too ‘normal’ for us)
[name]Beatrix[/name] nn [name]Trixie[/name] (we both love it, nothing bad about this one)
[name]Elizabeth[/name] (again, too normal, but I think it’s gorgeous)
[name]Belle[/name] (this would probably be our top pick if it weren’t for all the millions of [name]Isabella[/name]/Anabellas around!)
[name]Pearl[/name] (so sweet!)
[name]Amelia[/name] (too close to the [name]Emily[/name] cluster, but I absolutely adore it)
[name]Eleanora[/name] nn [name]Nora[/name] (great family significance, love [name]Nora[/name], only like [name]Eleanor[/name]/a)

Thanks in advance for any and all thoughts!!!

First of all, I REALLY like all your names. And I love [name]Dashiell[/name]! From the boy names, I think that [name]August[/name] (I have a nephew named [name]August[/name] nn: Auggie, and I don’t think it’s at all girly) and [name]Harvey[/name] would go the best with [name]Dashiell[/name]. [name]Julius[/name] also would be nice, but [name]Dexter[/name] I think is maybe too similar. I also think [name]Frederick[/name] could work well – and while it’s a more “normal” name, it’s not at all normal for this time period, so I think it would be a great choice.

As for girl names, I like [name]Beatrix[/name] and [name]Amelia[/name] best with [name]Dashiell[/name]. They have the same ultra-unique and stylish feel. I don’t think [name]Amelia[/name] is too close to [name]Emily[/name] at all.

Good luck with all your great choices!

Yeah! A new list!

Boys:
[name]Leo[/name] (or [name]Leonardo[/name]): I love it!

[name]Zachary[/name] (it’s popular but I [name]LOVE[/name] it!): I liked it before it became popular, and I’ll try to like it again. :slight_smile:

[name]Julius[/name] nn [name]Jude[/name] (maybe not since we’re close with my sister-in-law and her name is [name]Julie[/name]): I have no ideas why, but I’m not a fan of [name]Julius[/name]. Would you nickname him [name]Jude[/name]?

[name]Jude[/name] (hesitate as how short it is): Why not use it as a nickname for [name]Julius[/name] or [name]Julian[/name]?

[name]Harvey[/name] (maybe too quirky?): I think [name]Harvey[/name] works with [name]Dashiell[/name].

[name]Dexter[/name] nn [name]Dex[/name] (Doesn’t work with my last name, but I love it): I love it too, [name]Lyndsay[/name], and think it would be cool for you to use it as the first of two middle names, shielding it from your last name.

[name]August[/name] nn [name]Augie[/name]/[name]Gus[/name] (too feminine?): [name]LOVE[/name] it ([name]Augustin[/name], too)…

[name]Everett[/name] nn [name]Rex[/name] (I [name]LOVE[/name] this, but hubby hates it :frowning: ): I think [name]Everett[/name] is great, but when I hear or read “[name]Rex[/name],” I think of anorexia.

[name]Frederick[/name] nn [name]Freddy[/name] (so in love with [name]Freddy[/name], but too normal compared to [name]Dashiell[/name]?): I think it’s great, and like [name]Alfred[/name] ([name]Alfie[/name] or [name]Freddy[/name]), too.

[name]Thomas[/name] (same problem as [name]Frederick[/name], plus hubby doesn’t like it, I love it): I do like it, but think you can do better…

[name]Wesley[/name]/[name]Westley[/name] (I don’t know which I prefer, I like the nn [name]West[/name]. Pretty sure the family would hate these, though): [name]Wesley[/name] is a whimpy name to me, but I don’t know why. Hmm…I actually think [name]Westley[/name] is kind of cool.

What about [name]Arthur[/name], [name]Conrad[/name], [name]Gideon[/name], [name]Hugo[/name], [name]Roman[/name], [name]Theodore[/name], or [name]Xavier[/name]? ([name]Just[/name] some random names that remind me of [name]Dashiell[/name]!)

Girls:
[name]Fable[/name] (I know, so not a nameberry name, but we both love it, and it has meaning for us, and if she hated it, she could go by [name]Faye[/name], another of my favorite names): I’m not a fan of [name]Fable[/name], but I love [name]Felicity[/name]! ([name]Just[/name] another F name…)

[name]Scarlett[/name] (I’ve always been in love with [name]Scarlett[/name]): I think [name]Scarlett[/name] is gorgeous! Would you call her [name]Lettie[/name]?

[name]Gemma[/name] ([name]Chris[/name] hates this, but it’s one of my favorites. Afraid of similarity to [name]Emma[/name], though): I really like [name]Gemma[/name], too, [name]Lyndsay[/name], but it does indeed sound like [name]Emma[/name] and [name]Jenna[/name].

[name]Dinah[/name] (don’t want to start a D pattern, but [name]LOVE[/name] [name]LOVE[/name] [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Dinah[/name]!): I like it, too!

[name]Rosalie[/name] (for my grandma, I think it’s so lovely): You have a grandma [name]Rosalie[/name]? No fair! I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name] and [name]Rose[/name]!

[name]Lucy[/name] (for my [name]MIL[/name]. [name]Love[/name] it, but might be too ‘normal’ for us): It’s pretty popular now, but I still love it! [name]Lucille[/name] could be a less normal option.

[name]Beatrix[/name] nn [name]Trixie[/name] (we both love it, nothing bad about this one): [name]LOVE[/name], [name]LOVE[/name], [name]LOVE[/name] it! My favorite name at the moment is [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name], but I love [name]Beatrix[/name] Eliabeth and [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Jane[/name], too.

[name]Elizabeth[/name] (again, too normal, but I think it’s gorgeous): [name]Love[/name] it (and [name]Eliza[/name])…

[name]Belle[/name] (this would probably be our top pick if it weren’t for all the millions of [name]Isabella[/name]/Anabellas around!): What about [name]Belle[/name] in the middle? [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Belle[/name] is cute!

[name]Pearl[/name] (so sweet!): I was just talking about [name]Pearl[/name] tonight! I think it’s great…

[name]Amelia[/name] (too close to the [name]Emily[/name] cluster, but I absolutely adore it): I’m definitely a fan of [name]Amelia[/name]!

[name]Eleanora[/name] nn [name]Nora[/name] (great family significance, love [name]Nora[/name], only like [name]Eleanor[/name]/a): I really, really like [name]Eleanora[/name] a lot! A LOT! :slight_smile:

If I could only pick one of each, I’d go with [name]August[/name] and [name]Beatrix[/name]. This was fun!

Boys:
[name]Leo[/name] (or [name]Leonardo[/name]) - I know a lot of [name]Leo[/name]'s so its a bit too “normal” in my eyes :slight_smile:

[name]Zachary[/name] (it’s popular but I [name]LOVE[/name] it!) - same here, I know a lot of these, still cute, though! I like it better than [name]Leo[/name].

[name]Julius[/name] nn [name]Jude[/name] (maybe not since we’re close with my sister-in-law and her name is [name]Julie[/name]) - I prefer [name]Julian[/name] to [name]Julius[/name]…but I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Jude[/name]! [name]Dash[/name] and [name]Jude[/name]…fun!

[name]Jude[/name] (hesitate as how short it is) - I do agree that it would be nice to have this as a nn

[name]Harvey[/name] (maybe too quirky?) - maybe, but in a good way :slight_smile:

[name]Dexter[/name] nn [name]Dex[/name] (Doesn’t work with my last name, but I love it) Oh, that’s sad! I really like [name]Dex[/name]! (Does [name]Felix[/name] work better with your last name?)

[name]August[/name] nn [name]Augie[/name]/[name]Gus[/name] (too feminine?) - I never thought of [name]August[/name] as feminine. I really like [name]August[/name], but not a fan of its nicknames :frowning:

[name]Everett[/name] nn [name]Rex[/name] (I [name]LOVE[/name] this, but hubby hates it :frowning: ) how about nn [name]Rhett[/name]? Then there’s no “anorexia” or “t-rex” to worry about. (although then there’s the “frankly my dear, I don’t give a d@#n” to deal with) I really like [name]Everett[/name] (my hubby said no, as well :frowning: )

[name]Frederick[/name] nn [name]Freddy[/name] (so in love with [name]Freddy[/name], but too normal compared to [name]Dashiell[/name]?) - yeah…afraid so :frowning: (how about [name]Federico[/name]? less common, same nn?)

[name]Thomas[/name] (same problem as [name]Frederick[/name], plus hubby doesn’t like it, I love it) - ditto to above

[name]Wesley[/name]/[name]Westley[/name] (I don’t know which I prefer, I like the nn [name]West[/name]. Pretty sure the family would hate these, though) -[name]Westley[/name]! [name]LOVE[/name], [name]LOVE[/name], [name]LOVE[/name]! Why would the family hate them? :frowning: Sad day! [name]Dash[/name] and [name]West[/name] sounds great!

Girls:
[name]Fable[/name] (I know, so not a nameberry name, but we both love it, and it has meaning for us, and if she hated it, she could go by [name]Faye[/name], another of my favorite names) - A little too different for me, but its very sweet. I wish I was brave enough to use some of these :slight_smile:

[name]Scarlett[/name] (I’ve always been in love with [name]Scarlett[/name]) - Me Too! I don’t know if “exotic” is the right word for her, but I think that’s how I feel about it. VERY Hollywood, but in a good way! :wink: (PS…never thought of nn [name]Lettie[/name] here, but I [name]LOVE[/name] it!)

[name]Gemma[/name] ([name]Chris[/name] hates this, but it’s one of my favorites. Afraid of similarity to [name]Emma[/name], though) - I know that it is very similar to [name]Emma[/name], but I choose to ignore that so I can keep liking this name :slight_smile: LOL

[name]Dinah[/name] (don’t want to start a D pattern, but [name]LOVE[/name] [name]LOVE[/name] [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Dinah[/name]!) - I know what you mean…Hubby is from a family of ALL D’s (mom and dad too!)…I’ve vowed never to do anything like that.

[name]Rosalie[/name] (for my grandma, I think it’s so lovely) - Oh, very nice! JEALOUS! :slight_smile:

[name]Lucy[/name] (for my [name]MIL[/name]. [name]Love[/name] it, but might be too ‘normal’ for us) - very sweet, but I like some of your others better :slight_smile:

[name]Beatrix[/name] nn [name]Trixie[/name] (we both love it, nothing bad about this one) - just not my style…everyone else here seems to love it, though :slight_smile:

[name]Elizabeth[/name] (again, too normal, but I think it’s gorgeous) - I agree…too normal…how about [name]Elodie[/name] nn [name]Elle[/name]? [name]Dash[/name] and [name]Elle[/name]?

[name]Belle[/name] (this would probably be our top pick if it weren’t for all the millions of [name]Isabella[/name]/Anabellas around!) [name]How[/name] about [name]Bellerose[/name]? [name]Belinda[/name]? [name]Arabella[/name]?

[name]Pearl[/name] (so sweet!) - agreed! I like it in the middle, though.

[name]Amelia[/name] (too close to the [name]Emily[/name] cluster, but I absolutely adore it) - Oh, I’d still go for it :slight_smile: She can have the nn [name]Lia[/name] instead of [name]Em[/name]

[name]Eleanora[/name] nn [name]Nora[/name] (great family significance, love [name]Nora[/name], only like [name]Eleanor[/name]/a) - I like [name]Nora[/name]! You could even use [name]Honora[/name]! My hubby said no :frowning:

Of the girl names (and considering your comments with them), I think [name]Scarlett[/name], [name]Rosalie[/name], [name]Nora[/name], and possibly [name]Pearl[/name] are your best options. I’m undecided with the boys, except to go with one of the ones your husband also likes and that works with your last name :slight_smile:

You have great name taste! [name]Love[/name] [name]Dashiell[/name]!
Boys:
[name]Leo[/name] (or [name]Leonardo[/name]) - I love [name]Leo[/name] as a nn for [name]Lionel[/name]. Less common and so handsome.
[name]Zachary[/name] (it’s popular but I [name]LOVE[/name] it!) - If you love it, that’s pretty important. I have a weakness for [name]Nicholas[/name] which is also so popular. I also love [name]Jacob[/name], but never would have used it because of its popularity.
[name]Julius[/name] nn [name]Jude[/name] (maybe not since we’re close with my sister-in-law and her name is [name]Julie[/name]) - She might be flattered that his name is similar to hers. I would be.
[name]Jude[/name] (hesitate as how short it is) - could be a nn for [name]Judah[/name].
[name]Harvey[/name] (maybe too quirky?) - [name]Love[/name] [name]Harvey[/name] with a passion! My dad had a cousin [name]Harvey[/name] who was so nice and sold chocolate. Maybe I associate the name [name]Harvey[/name] with chocolate!
[name]Dexter[/name] nn [name]Dex[/name] (Doesn’t work with my last name, but I love it) - Seems kind of matchy with [name]Dashiell[/name].
[name]August[/name] nn [name]Augie[/name]/[name]Gus[/name] (too feminine?) - [name]Love[/name] [name]August[/name] nn [name]Gus[/name]. But not as much as [name]Harvey[/name].
[name]Everett[/name] nn [name]Rex[/name] (I [name]LOVE[/name] this, but hubby hates it :frowning: ) - I think if hubby hates it, it’s out.
[name]Frederick[/name] nn [name]Freddy[/name] (so in love with [name]Freddy[/name], but too normal compared to [name]Dashiell[/name]?) I think it’s fine. [name]Love[/name] [name]Frederick[/name]. Makes a wonderful middle name, too.
[name]Thomas[/name] (same problem as [name]Frederick[/name], plus hubby doesn’t like it, I love it) It’s out. Because how would you feel if he insisted on a name you hated? My husband insisted on a name. Fortunately I didn’t hate it. But [name]Thomas[/name] is my fave name for a boy!
[name]Wesley[/name]/[name]Westley[/name] (I don’t know which I prefer, I like the nn [name]West[/name]. Pretty sure the family would hate these, though) - I’m kind of blah - neutral - on these two. I knew a little [name]Wes[/name] in elementary school that was bratty, and this boy named [name]Wesley[/name] tried to attack my son with an iron in 6th grade. So I’m sure that I’m biased! My son is very sassy. Another boy actually broke his arm in 11th grade.

Girls:
[name]Fable[/name] (I know, so not a nameberry name, but we both love it, and it has meaning for us, and if she hated it, she could go by [name]Faye[/name], another of my favorite names) - Sorry, I don’t like it.
[name]Scarlett[/name] (I’ve always been in love with [name]Scarlett[/name]) - Yes, it is gorgeous!
[name]Gemma[/name] ([name]Chris[/name] hates this, but it’s one of my favorites. Afraid of similarity to [name]Emma[/name], though) - One of my faves.
[name]Dinah[/name] (don’t want to start a D pattern, but [name]LOVE[/name] [name]LOVE[/name] [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Dinah[/name]!) [name]Dinah[/name] is so cute! Have you read this book called “The [name]Red[/name] Tent” by [name]Anita[/name] Diamant about [name]Dinah[/name] in the bible? It is really good.
[name]Rosalie[/name] (for my grandma, I think it’s so lovely) - I love it. It’s one of my fave songs by [name]Brian[/name] [name]Eno[/name].
[name]Lucy[/name] (for my [name]MIL[/name]. [name]Love[/name] it, but might be too ‘normal’ for us) - Depends on where you live. Here in L.A. it would be just fine. [name]Lucy[/name] is another of my faves.
[name]Beatrix[/name] nn [name]Trixie[/name] (we both love it, nothing bad about this one) - great!
[name]Elizabeth[/name] (again, too normal, but I think it’s gorgeous) - love it. NN [name]Liza[/name] or [name]Lizzie[/name].
[name]Belle[/name] (this would probably be our top pick if it weren’t for all the millions of [name]Isabella[/name]/Anabellas around!) - Yeah, it’s a bummer when your child has the same name as a bunch of other kids.
[name]Pearl[/name] (so sweet!) - love as a middle.
[name]Amelia[/name] (too close to the [name]Emily[/name] cluster, but I absolutely adore it) - yes, it’s so pretty.
[name]Eleanora[/name] nn [name]Nora[/name] (great family significance, love [name]Nora[/name], only like [name]Eleanor[/name]/a) - love.

[name]Do[/name] you love [name]Cecily[/name]?

Hey [name]Lyndsay[/name]!

What about [name]Weston[/name] nn [name]West[/name]? I think [name]Dash[/name] and [name]West[/name] is an adorable sib set!

I also like [name]Dash[/name] and [name]Lucy[/name] a LOT!

For a boy, I like [name]Frederick[/name]. It goes well with [name]Dashiell[/name].

For a girl, [name]Beatrix[/name], nn [name]Trixie[/name]… – if both of you like it, there are no issues with it, then I think that might be your answer right there!! :slight_smile: Also goes well with [name]Dashiell[/name]!

Best!!!