Myers-Briggs & Baby Names

I love your kids names!! Thanks for sharing your enneagram. Also for enneagram I’m 6w7. Here’s a [name_u]True[/name_u] Colors link…not really a quiz (I mean there are some online but I think it’s pretty straightforward if you just read the descriptions. I’m blue, da ba dee da ba daa…)
https://truecolorsintl.com/the-four-color-personalities/

I’m an INTP and I mostly like classical names, names from Greek mythology, botanical names and sometimes short or nickname names.

1 Like

I am INFJ and my hubby is ENFP, and I do think our naming style reflects that. We love unique and creative name combinations with a large importance on individuality. The feeling of a name is more important to us then the literal meaning.

I found this little blurb about INFJ + ENFP relationships, and thought it was gold: “These two thrive on metaphors, abstractions, and the creative. Asking them to be normal and grounded would be like asking a levitating unicorn made of rainbows to do your taxes!” :joy:

I looked these up out of curiosity, and here are my answers…

True Colours: 31% gold (overlapping) 28% orange (overlapping) 14% blue (not overlapping) 10% green… analytical my smallest feature, hardly a surprise haha!
Main characteristics listed as: Loyal, Dependable, Thorough, Prepared, Organized, Caring.
Cons: Stubborn, Uptight

Four Temperaments: 12% Choleric, 15% Melancholic, 12% Sanguine, 15% Phlegmatic (dominant trait).
Main characteristics listed as: Content, Kind, Affectionate, Consistent, Calm, Rational, Observant, Curious.
Cons: Laziness

Enneagram: 98% Giver (most dominant trait), 97% Perfectionist, 94% Individualist, 80% Enthusiast, 74% Achiever, 74% Skeptic, 73% Investigator, 65% Challenger, 50% Peacemaker.
Main characteristics listed as: Caring, Helpful, Relational, Sensitive, Supportive, Exuberant.
Cons: Prideful, Demanding, Repressive
(Fun fact: Individualist is the rarest type, so I’m intrigued that I scored so high in that category… maybe I genuinely am a bit of a left field human being lol)

Well that was fun! I love this thread :grin::grin:

2 Likes

Fantastic! Thanks for sharing! I’m [name_u]Blue[/name_u] for sure, then a decent part [name_m]Gold[/name_m], a little [name_u]Orange[/name_u], and barely any green;
Phlegmatic in the 4 temperaments, and for the Enneagram I’m used to seeing at as numbers. I’m assuming Giver is 2, right? I’d think for your ordering they’re 2, 1, 4, 7, 3, 6, 5, 8, 9?? I’m doing this from memory haha

I love this thread too. Right up my alley. Names and personality tests!

1 Like

Spot on. Great memory! :grin: What’s your number?

Haha thanks! Oh yes I’m a 6! A 6w7 specifically. I feel like this personality test had the most detailed descriptions, or at least were the most accurate to me.

1 Like

A post on the other seven functions sounds fascinating, although I’m not sure where it would be categorized.

2 Likes

I get INTJ or INTP every time I’ve taken the test except for one time I randomly got something else. It’s usually INTJ so looks like I’m the same as @northernlights (I love your kids’ names btw!), @dogs_books, and @hyacinthbucket. Though Myers-[name_m]Briggs[/name_m] is probably not the most scientific (I think the Big 5 is supposed to be better but not nearly as fun or detailed as 16 personalities Myers-Briggs), I had spent a lot of time reading through 16 personalities website for fun years ago and after I had read all of them, I did think I was most similar to the NTs fwiw.

I collect names for their meaning, pronounciation, and spelling. There are some popular and classic/traditional names I like but when I discovered there are so many other names I could choose from, I have gravitated towards more uncommon and unique names that are still relatively pronounceable. So I’ve pretty much dumped many of the popular and classic names though I still keep them on my master list. I have branched out to nature names, mythology, movie/game/book characters, and foreign names that sound pretty or elegant and has good meaning. I have even made up some names that I think sound nice (though sometimes it turns out it’s already a name somewhere in the world). So overall, I think I’m pretty adventerous with names though there’s still a few I would only put as a middle name

@Kittylitter @_thelittlefairywren I’m not familiar with those other tests so I just took those tests and here’s what I got.

[name_u]True[/name_u] Colors: 31% green and 17% for all the others. In another [name_u]True[/name_u] Color site, I was definitely [name_u]Green[/name_u], had a good amount of blue and very little orange and gold and I would agree with this based on the descriptions I read for this. I don’t see where it says if it’s overlapping or not

[name_u]Four[/name_u] Temperaments: I kept getting different results everytime I take it at different sites: For Phlegmatic and Choleric, I would get one of them as the highest on one test and lowest on another so idk what I am for this one. Based on the descriptions, I would think I’m mainly phlegmatic and choleric.

Enneagram: 99% 5 The Investigator followed by 4 the Individulist and then 8 the Challenger

2 Likes

Loved this unpack! I’m also INFP (took the test in undergrad psychology so assuming it was an accurate version) so it was particularly relevant. I also love love vintage and honour names :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

That’s so cool that you’re a green–I feel like that’s the rarest one (maybe just in the groups of people I know who have taken it) but based on your user card (loving science and math) I’m not surprised. Also not surprised if you’re a 5-Investigator. The [name_u]Four[/name_u] Temperaments has also given me different answers but it does help to read the descriptions. Thanks for sharing!

Also, just realized that [name_u]Green[/name_u], Choleric, and 8 are the 3 most opposite to my personality type (blue, phlegmatic, 6)…well maybe not opposite but they definitely are the 3 I’m the least like. So even though we are opposites it’s nice to see we all share a love of names! :slight_smile:

I’m an ENFP and a 3w2, and I generally like quite ‘traditional’ names with more out-there middles. I have no idea if that’s in keeping with my personality types :stuck_out_tongue:

I think my colour was Yellow and I’ve never done Temperaments.

I’m surprised there are quite a few NTs here (which probably correlates to green and Investigator) since names aren’t really a rational, scientific, or logic thing. It’s just a hobby of mine.

Looking at the temperament descriptions again, I feel like I’m more phlegmatic. The first website said choleric was logic so that’s why I was initially leaning towards that but now I’m seeing choleric is also type A and domineering. While I can occassionally get a little aggressive/passionate on things I care about, I’m usually pretty calm, laid back, and indecisive on most things. Idk this is probably why all the temperament websites are confused lol still cool to see how we’re pretty different though

@Gruesome_Chaos @floatinthesky I generally go with what sounds and looks the best to me than actually trying to go for nicknames vs the full long name. If I like both versions, then I’ll go for the longer version of the names so that I can cross off more names on my really long list lol. This also provides more options for the child if the child doesn’t really like one name or the other for whatever reason. Or perhaps the child is transgender and since most of my girl names are really feminine, having a more gender neutral nickname option would be good to use.

2 Likes

Same! I also found this one the most confusing, but that description helped me figure it out.

I think most of us found it already but if you’re looking for the poll @dogs_books mentioned, here it is

Although I have no children, none on the way, and am in no relationship, my fascination with baby names has led me to have extensive lists scattered around my room and laptop. As a member of the LGBTQ+ community I know the name I choose may not fit with who my child will be and that’s fine. It’s part of the reason I have so many lists, so that in that situation I could help my child as much as possible. I also try to go for the more neutral sounding nicknames and if not possible I have the middle names be more neutral sounding. That way, if I have a trans child we can temporarily use the neutral sounding name, if they are agreeable, while said child figures out what new name they want to use.

1 Like

This is absolutely beautiful. I’ve shifted to Socionics recently, but I still think fondly of the functions (Socionics has them too, they just operate differently).