N/a

-edited for privacy-

1. To me, this name feels very buttoned up. I don’t think it is cold or dorky but it does feel proper and high class.

2. [name_u]Neil[/name_u]

3. Yes

4. Neil/Neal to me feels like the man who loves math, dresses smartly, went to an [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] League school, etc.

5. Not a huge fan of the alliteration but it could work, yes.

6. The well-meaning yet slightly villainous stepfather in the [name_f]Santa[/name_f] Clause movies. Also, the main character in the Puppy Patrol book series which I loved as a kid.

Well, I love it, and find it timeless, and can picture it on a man of any age. I much prefer the spelling [name_u]Neil[/name_u], and love it with [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m].

1. nms, but not bad. i’m not a fan of the sound, really
  2. neil
  3. not really
  4. a smart person who wears glasses and is really good at math
  5. the alliteration doesn’t sound great to me, and the L in both names ruins the flow a bit too
  6. Link Neal from good mythical morning (which is a great association imo!)
  1. Not a bad name, don’t hear it very often.
  2. No preference.
  3. The only young person I’ve ever known with the name was a teenager and I did find it strange to hear but it fit with his sisters’ names. So I guess yes, I can.
  4. I guess someone with Irish background if I really thought about it. But beyond that no one in particular.
  5. I don’t care for Neil/Neal [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m]. [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] Neil/Neal works much better in my mind.
  6. [name_m]Armstrong[/name_m], [name_u]Diamond[/name_u], Caffrey, The [name_f]Santa[/name_f] Clause character, the word kneel.