N Ending Sibset

I’m playing around with continuing my N ending theme. Me, my husband, and all 3 of our kids have N ending names. It wasn’t intentional initially, so I’ve said that if we have another I wouldn’t continue it. However, there are several N ending names that I really like, so I’m considering it. We already have [name_m]Benton[/name_m] [name_m]Grover[/name_m], [name_f]Arwen[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] and [name_u]Raven[/name_u] [name_f]Azalea[/name_f] [name_f]Ann[/name_f]. Thoughts on the following with those?

[name_u]Dean[/name_u] [name_u]Charleston[/name_u]
[name_u]Lawson[/name_u] [name_u]Jasper[/name_u]
[name_m]Weston[/name_m] [name_u]Clyde[/name_u]

[name_u]Fern[/name_u] [name_f]Dorothea[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]
[name_m]Sylvan[/name_m] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
Laurelin [name_u]Aster[/name_u] [name_f]Belle[/name_f]

[name_u]Dean[/name_u], [name_u]Charleston[/name_u], [name_u]Lawson[/name_u], [name_u]Clyde[/name_u], [name_f]Kate[/name_f], [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f], [name_f]Jane[/name_f], Laurelin and [name_f]Belle[/name_f] are all honor names. I wouldn’t use [name_u]Lawson[/name_u] and Laurelin together as siblings since they’re both derived from “laurel”. Unless maybe I had b/g twins? :thinking:

1 Like

[name_u]Dean[/name_u], [name_u]Lawson[/name_u], and [name_u]Fern[/name_u] are my favorites. [name_m]Weston[/name_m] is a little to close to [name_m]Benton[/name_m] (same ending). [name_m]Sylvan[/name_m] is very much a boy name to me, so it feels out of place with your girls. Laurelin could grow on me, I think.

1 Like

[name_u]Dean[/name_u] [name_u]Charleston[/name_u] is cool and charming - I like the fact the single syllable makes it feel a little distinctive

[name_u]Lawson[/name_u] [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] - sleek, stylish and stylistically perfect with [name_m]Benton[/name_m] :heart:

[name_m]Weston[/name_m] [name_u]Clyde[/name_u] - nicely balanced with an appealing flow

[name_u]Fern[/name_u] [name_f]Dorothea[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] - beautiful, vintage and charming

[name_m]Sylvan[/name_m] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] - I do quite like [name_m]Sylvan[/name_m] for a girl but ‘Sylvan and Raven’ are a teeny bit matchy?

Laurelin [name_u]Aster[/name_u] [name_f]Belle[/name_f] - soundwise, I enjoy it - sort of mystical and interesting. I’m not a fan of how it looks though. [name_f]Lorilyn[/name_f] is my personal fave spelling. [name_u]Or[/name_u] the similar [name_f]Lurleen[/name_f].

1 Like

@VEL funny because [name_u]Dean[/name_u], [name_u]Lawson[/name_u] and [name_u]Fern[/name_u] are my favorites too. Ideally we’ll have 3 more kids, 2 boys and a girl, and those are the ones I would choose.

@Greyblue I always enjoy your descriptions! Thanks!
I’ve gone back and forth on whether [name_m]Sylvan[/name_m] and [name_u]Raven[/name_u] are too similar. Actually, [name_u]Raven[/name_u] almost was [name_m]Sylvan[/name_m], but I chickened out. I often wish I had gone with [name_m]Sylvan[/name_m] instead. I love [name_m]Sylvan[/name_m] enough to not let the similarities bother me, I think. I have considered [name_u]Sylvian[/name_u] instead to make them less similar, but I do prefer [name_m]Sylvan[/name_m].
Laurelin is the name of a tree that is a light source in JRR Tolkien’s Silmarillion. And the [name_u]Laurel[/name_u] spelling is special to my husband.

3 Likes

So my shining star from your boy names is [name_u]Dean[/name_u] [name_u]Charleston[/name_u]. [name_u]Dean[/name_u] is such a handsome name he has this charming charisma to him, feels strong, handsome and sweet. I love the imagery I have surrounding [name_u]Dean[/name_u] I see him in an ever so cool downtown jazz cafe playing the saxophone oozing coolness. I think [name_u]Charleston[/name_u] sounds fab with [name_u]Dean[/name_u] only emphasising the overall cool jazz vibe of this pairing. I think [name_u]Dean[/name_u] [name_u]Charleston[/name_u] works wonders with your kiddos names.

Regarding your girls the sparkliest option for me is [name_u]Fern[/name_u] [name_f]Dorothea[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]. [name_u]Fern[/name_u] is beautiful she’s a lovely whimsical nature name that feels sweet and elegant. [name_f]Dorothea[/name_f] is a beautiful middle name for [name_u]Fern[/name_u] adding to the overall whimsical charm. Finally [name_f]Kate[/name_f] rounds the name off beautifully creating a truly gorgeous name.

1 Like

All are nice however since the other kids have 2 syllable names, it may be best to continue with that.

Oh I love a -n ending!

I love all your options but like so many others I agree that [name_u]Dean[/name_u] [name_u]Charleston[/name_u] is spot on with the sibset. [name_u]Lawson[/name_u] would be my second choice. I really love all 3 boy names. [name_u]Dean[/name_u], [name_u]Lawson[/name_u], and [name_m]Weston[/name_m] (most are on own list!).

For girls, my fav [name_u]Fern[/name_u]. Simply because I love it. But really, I think the family tie with Laurelin works and I also could crush on [name_m]Sylvan[/name_m]!

Much like you, we completely unintentionally have two with -n endings. And to top that off, they both have another n in their fn too. Our youngest was over a year old before I realized this! And while there is no pressure to continue it, I secretly want to continue the -n ending pattern!

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] brothers and I (and my cousins on my dad’s side) have -N endings! It makes for a nice connection, without being confusing. I like [name_u]Dean[/name_u] and [name_u]Fern[/name_u] with your kiddos’ names!

1 Like

lawson jasper or fern dorothea kate

runner ups are dean charleston and laurelin aster belle, i especially like how cool aster makes it.

i agree weston is a bit matchy with benton - not unusable, but much closer than the other kids’ names.
sylvan is nice, but i’d assume it’s a boy :sweat_smile:

glad to see you and your wonderfully named kids back!

1 Like

I really like Laurelin! [name_u]Love[/name_u] the subtlety of the [name_m]Tolkien[/name_m] connection with familiar sounds, much like [name_f]Elanor[/name_f].

[name_u]Dean[/name_u] [name_u]Charleston[/name_u] is probably my favorite of the boys, but honestly I think you should use [name_u]Jasper[/name_u]. I’ve liked your previous lists better, and you really seem to love [name_u]Jasper[/name_u].

Speaking of gender bending, ie [name_m]Sylvan[/name_m], the only [name_u]Lawson[/name_u] I know is a girl :smile: and she is a lovely young lady, but the name has never seemed feminine to me.

1 Like

[name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f]! :wink:

2 Likes

[name_u]Love[/name_u] Dean!!! He fits perfectly yet stands out on his own!

1 Like