Namberry has made me a lover of...

Has Nameberry given you a new found love and respect for name you either didn’t care for or simply looked over before? [name]Share[/name] your new found name love here!

I am now a lover of… (just to name a few)
[name]Edmund[/name]
[name]Jude[/name]
[name]Wade[/name]
[name]Byron[/name]
[name]George[/name]
[name]Finn[/name]
[name]Wilhelmina[/name]
[name]Sadie[/name]
[name]Kate[/name]
[name]Nell[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Maeve[/name]

[name]Penelope[/name]. I actively disliked this since I didn’t like the nickname of [name]Penny[/name] (and I know quite a few of them), but now that I’ve seen it with the [name]Nell[/name] or [name]Poppy[/name] nicknames, I am a convert. It’s gorgeous!

[name]Edith[/name], [name]Iris[/name], [name]Scarlett[/name], [name]Honora[/name], [name]Everett[/name], [name]Dashiell[/name]- just to name a few. It also introduced me to [name]Marielle[/name] and [name]Carys[/name], which I think are my favorite girls names ever! i love nameberry :slight_smile:

Like you lamps before Nameberry I didn’t know that [name]Poppy[/name] was a nn for [name]Penelope[/name]. This knowledge has also made me love this name.

Other names that I have grown to love through Nameberry are:

[name]Ottilie[/name]
[name]Isla[/name]
[name]Aurelia[/name]
[name]Lyric[/name]
[name]Wren[/name]
[name]Shepherd[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name]
[name]Truman[/name]
[name]Dexter[/name]…and many more!

Great topic, [name]Elizabeth[/name]! :slight_smile:

I now love:

[name]Augustin[/name]
[name]Conrad[/name] (well, I always loved this, but I rediscovered it…)
[name]Dashiell[/name] (thanks to [name]Lyndsay[/name])
[name]Elias[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Milo[/name]
[name]Phineas[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Xavier[/name]

[name]Calla[/name]
[name]Delphine[/name]
[name]Esme[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Viola[/name]
[name]Winifred[/name]

:slight_smile:

Great topic, Zard!

Girls:
[name]Audra[/name] - I always loved this name but I worried it was dated, some of the posters love it and made me feel good about loving [name]Audra[/name], thank you! You have my eternal gratitude.
[name]Beatrice[/name], [name]Beatrix[/name] - thank you, [name]Jill[/name]!
[name]Bernice[/name] - thank you to myself. I just love [name]Bernice[/name] now!
[name]Carys[/name] - one of the posters turned me onto this, thanks so much - I love it now!
[name]Celeste[/name] - my daughter got me to love this name.
[name]Cosima[/name], thank you, [name]Lola[/name]!
[name]Delphine[/name] - maybe thanks to [name]Jill[/name], yes, I think so!
[name]Dot[/name] - hipster middle name.
[name]Flora[/name], thank you, [name]Jill[/name] and [name]Pam[/name]!
[name]Freya[/name] - some of the early posters got me to love [name]Freya[/name] - thanks!
[name]Genevieve[/name], thank you, [name]Jill[/name]
[name]Henrietta[/name] - thank you, [name]Pam[/name] and maybe [name]Jill[/name], I’m not sure.
[name]Iris[/name] - fell in love with [name]Iris[/name] in the early days of Nameberry
[name]Josephine[/name] - thank you, [name]Lola[/name]!
[name]Leona[/name] - thank you, Vampire family
[name]Luella[/name] - thank you to a lovely poster who started a thread about this!
[name]Maude[/name], thanks to [name]Lola[/name]
[name]Ottilie[/name] - thanks to [name]Lola[/name]
[name]Paloma[/name] - thank you to myself!
Rosamel - thanks to [name]Lola[/name]
[name]Thandiwe[/name] nn [name]Thandie[/name], thank you [name]Pam[/name] and [name]Linda[/name] for putting this name on Nameberry, I found it and I love it so much!
[name]Wilhelmina[/name] - thank you poster who named her daughter this beautiful name, and now I have fallen in love with it.
[name]Winifred[/name] - thank you poster who loves this name!
[name]Yvette[/name] - somebody got me into this, thank you! I know you love this name, and maybe [name]Yvette[/name] was the name that made me think of Outhipping the Hipsters.
[name]Zenobia[/name] - thank you, [name]Lola[/name]

Boys:
[name]Ansel[/name] - thank you, National [name]Park[/name] blog
[name]Archie[/name], thank you [name]Pam[/name] and [name]Linda[/name]!
[name]Bernard[/name], thank you, [name]Pam[/name], for loving [name]Bernard[/name]! You have no fear!
[name]Cornelius[/name] - right now, I am wildly in love with [name]Cornelius[/name]…nn [name]Niall[/name]
[name]Cosmo[/name], thank you [name]Lola[/name]!
[name]Edwin[/name] - thank you, hipster list that [name]Pam[/name] and [name]Linda[/name] created.
[name]Hector[/name] - thank you Vampire family (I think)
[name]Herman[/name] - thank you, Vampire family (I think)
[name]Isaac[/name] - somehow I fell in love with [name]Isaac[/name]. And I just adore it even though it’s popular.
[name]Kenneth[/name], thank you so much, [name]Pam[/name], because you love [name]Kenneth[/name]! I will never forget how you put it in a blog.
[name]Laszlo[/name] - thank you, [name]Joel[/name] [name]Stein[/name]
[name]Leonard[/name] - thank you, Poster who talked about [name]Leonard[/name] [name]Cohen[/name]. Now it’s one of my faves.
[name]Nico[/name] - thank you to the [name]Velvet[/name] Underground.
[name]Roger[/name] - thank you to myself.
[name]Rufus[/name], again, thank you [name]Lola[/name]
[name]Stellan[/name], thank you, hipster list. [name]Stellan[/name] is brilliant.
[name]Wilfred[/name] - thank you to a poster who loves this name, and got me to love it. Not sure who you are, but I’m eternally grateful!
[name]Victor[/name] - somehow I started loving [name]Victor[/name]. I think I need to thank [name]Pam[/name].

Sorry I don’t know the names of some of the posters that I thanked. If I could see you and talk to you, I would learn your names very quickly. If some of my fave names seem to be missing, it’s because I loved them before Nameberry.

[name]Susan[/name], I loved your post, and laughed each time you thanked yourself. :slight_smile:

I need to add:

[name]Veronica[/name]: Thanks to [name]Susan[/name]!
[name]Frances[/name]: [name]Elizabeth[/name]/Zard’s love of this name has caught on with me!
[name]Pearl[/name]: I just love this as a middle name now
[name]Matilda[/name]

Ooooh, there’s so many! nameberry has been a good eye-opener, and really good for crushing some prejudice in my book ^^ I’m only going to list the ones I no love due to people promoting them, not randomly discovering them in the library ^^

Notably there are these names I only liked spending some time here:
Girls
[name]Beatrix[/name] - I think everyone who spends time here will end up loving [name]Beatrix[/name]…
[name]Penelope[/name] - [name]Nell[/name], [name]Poppy[/name] and so on never caught my eye until I came here…
[name]Wren[/name] - I had just never heard of it until I came here ^^
[name]Blythe[/name] - I used to hate the sound, now I think it’s beauty is in the quirky pronunciation
[name]Oona[/name] - I liked [name]Una[/name], but discovered and was convinced of [name]Oona[/name]'s spunk through the boards here…
[name]Undine[/name] - This was very recently, the boards just opened my eyes to her beauty ^^
[name]Ottilie[/name] - Not just Nameberry, but seeing it here helped… I just had to be reminded of her existence a good number of times to recognise her beauty :slight_smile:
Boys
[name]Laszlo[/name] - I found it so strange before, but it only took one person loving it to turn me over…
[name]Maxfield[/name] - What can I say, he’s everywhere here and he’s gorgeous!

It may not be that many yet, but I hope there will be plenty more ^^

[name]Jill[/name] also helped me to love [name]Maxfield[/name] and [name]Blythe[/name].

Considering I’m fairly new here I’m sure many more names will find their way into my heart.

For starters

[name]Wren[/name] - my 11 year old daughter just loves this name too and that’s really says something because she doesn’t like anything.
[name]Flora[/name] - My husbands grandmothers name. It’s positive feedback here really made me realize what a great name this is and we’re lucky to have family ties to it.
[name]Atticus[/name] - Amazing.
[name]Donovan[/name] - I’ve always loved this name and love it more now that I know I’m not alone.
[name]Eugenia[/name] - I would never have thought I’d love this name.
[name]Eulalie[/name] - So pretty
[name]Angeline[/name] - Not really mentioned here but I like it better than [name]Evangeline[/name].
[name]Matilda[/name] - hubby likes this one. I like it more now thanks to this site.
[name]Poppy[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name] - [name]Just[/name] found out [name]Poppy[/name] is a nn

Oh there are so many! [name]Pearl[/name] and [name]Calla[/name] are so pretty!

I have to agree with disa_lan on [name]Eulalie[/name]. I can’t believe I forgot her! I had the same relationship to her as [name]Blythe[/name], but Nameberry made me love her quirk as well ^^ I still don’t like [name]Eulalia[/name] (amazing what difference one letter can make!), [name]Euphemia[/name], [name]Eugenia[/name] or any of those, but [name]Eulalie[/name] has a special place in my heart :slight_smile:

That’s so funny because I don’t like [name]Eulalia[/name] either. I guess it’s the “ee” ending that I like so much with [name]Eulalie[/name] or maybe because I would nn her Lalie.

I think it’s the ee ending for me, and Lalie is a wonderful nickname ^^
I also prefer [name]Sylvie[/name] to [name]Sylvia[/name]… I think sometimes the extra syllable the a adds makes it too much of a mouthful…

Nameberry has made me a lover of lots of names, but I still giggle everytime I see [name]Beatrix[/name] being suggested because it’s the name of the queen of [name]Holland[/name] haha, so whenever that name is suggested I don’t picture a cute little baby, but a baby with the queens face. :stuck_out_tongue: Other than that it’s a nice name tho. :wink:

I’'m still relatively new to nameberrry but am already growing fond of:
[name]Eloise[/name] (LOVED the book growing up)
[name]Margaret[/name] ([name]Maisie[/name])
[name]Beatrix[/name]/[name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Emery[/name]
[name]Poppy[/name] (but still haven’t come to love [name]Penelope[/name])
[name]Evelyn[/name]

Holy Moly, I have lots! :slight_smile:

[name]Weston[/name]
[name]Asher[/name]
[name]August[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Jude[/name]
[name]Monroe[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Xavier[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]

[name]Camille[/name]
[name]Delaney[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Isla[/name]
[name]Maeve[/name] (I think this is my favorite nameberry find)
[name]Norah[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name]

This is really so fascinating! And just to let you know that you all have influenced nameberry as much as nameberry has influenced you–and opened our eyes to new possibilities as well. Thanks!!!