Namberry's Top 20 Girl Names

So, yesterday I was very bored and I saw a post in the [name_m]Boy[/name_m] Names category about the favorite baby names of Nameberry. How they accumulated the data was they ran a survey in another thread to see what people’s favorite boy names were. I had an idea to do the same with girl names, except I wouldn’t run a survey to find out what everyone’s favorite girl names were, I wanted to find out which girl names were discussed the most. To do this, I looked through all the posts sent in the last 3 weeks in a couple of the most popular threads in the [name_f]Girl[/name_f] Names category, such as “top 10 girl names as of today”, “if you had a daughter what would you name her”, etc. and I wrote the names down in a spreadsheet. I included all middle names too, and I didn’t include names that were said multiple times by the same person. I ended up getting a total of 512 names in the spreadsheet (yeah, i was really that bored) and I sorted through all of them to see which ones were used the most. I was so excited to finish it though, and here are the results! All of the ties are in alphabetical order.

1. [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] - 19
  2. [name_u]Rose[/name_u] - 18
  3. [name_f]Anna[/name_f] - 12
  4. [name_f]Grace[/name_f] - 10
  5. [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] - 9
  6. [name_u]June[/name_u] - 8
  7. [name_u]Anne[/name_u] - 7
  8. [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] - 7
  9. [name_f]Ella[/name_f] - 7
  10. [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] - 7
  11. [name_f]Emma[/name_f] - 6
  12. [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] - 6
  13. [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] - 6
  14. [name_f]Lily[/name_f] - 6
  15. [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] - 5
  16. [name_u]Esme[/name_u] -5
  17. [name_u]Louise[/name_u] - 5
  18. [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] - 5
  19. [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] - 5
  20. [name_f]Willa[/name_f] - 5
15 Likes

Wow, thanks for doing this!! They’re such lovely names! And I’m pretty sure I’ve used them all at some point or another :grin::grin::grin:

1 Like

I am always surprised by how ‘classic’ these lists are!

I think [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] and [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] are the only ones on my list (as middles)

Thank you for doing this!

3 Likes

This is so cool!

1 Like

Ooooh it’s interesting to see how many classics are on here. Also because I know some poor journalist is going to somehow find this and think this is the real data for the most popular names of 2023. THIS IS NOT THE ACTUAL MOST POPULAR NAMES OF 2023. TURN BACK NOW.

2 Likes