Name and Middle Name Trouble

So here is my issue, I’ve had my girls name since college. I studied Literature and came across a poem, that has many translations my favorite mentioning [name_f]Margery[/name_f] Pearls. I have always loved the name [name_f]Maggie[/name_f] but I never liked the name [name_f]Margaret[/name_f], so as soon as I read this poem I knew that one day I would name my daughter [name_f]Margery[/name_f] and call her [name_f]Maggie[/name_f]. [name_f]Margery[/name_f] is the Medieval word for [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] so I feel weird about essentially naming my baby [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]. The other middle name I have been considering is Spain. Spain is a family name and I do think it makes a pretty name. I just can’t let go of [name_f]Margery[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]. So what do you guys think? Is [name_f]Margery[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] to repetitive? Or should I go with [name_f]Margery[/name_f] Spain?

I’m not as well-versed with name meanings as many other commenters, but maybe that makes me a good stand-in for the general public… and I wouldn’t have known that [name_f]Margery[/name_f] means pearl. Is it meant to be repetitive in the poem? Since it’s from a literary source, I think that adds depth and gives you an explanation on the off-chance anyone ever asks about it.

That said, [name_f]Margery[/name_f] Spain also has a great sound. You’d probably also end up explaining the meaning with that option, too, since most people would assume it’s a reference to the country rather than a family name.

I think [name_f]Margery[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] is a beautiful name. I think if anything, it emphasises the meaning behind it rather than being repepitive. I doubt anybody would know and it would be such a shame to not use it for fear of what others do or do not know.

Go with [name_f]Margery[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f], you may regret it if you don’t.

I personally wouldn’t go with [name_f]Margery[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] because the connection is the first thing I think of. However, if it’s a literary reference to you I think it should be fine because the middle name is rarely mentioned. Also, if people name their children [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m] I think [name_f]Margery[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] is fine ahaha.

As a side note, I think [name_f]Margery[/name_f] Spain is pretty cool, and Spain adds some spunk to the older [name_f]Margery[/name_f] :slight_smile:

I would go for it. Most people would have no idea of the connection, and it’s a beautiful name. My twin sister’s name is [name_f]Gretel[/name_f] M@rgo, which is essentially “[name_f]Pearl[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]” as well! She’s never had a problem with it.

I wouldn’t use [name_f]Margery[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] but if the choice is between [name_f]Margery[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] or [name_f]Margery[/name_f] Spain, I’ll take [name_f]Margery[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f].

I don’t think it’s as big of a deal as you are imagining it to be. [name_f]Margery[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] is a gorgeous name and even though the meaning might be “pearl” it doesn’t come off as if you are naming your daughter [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]. Plus, do you know how many [name_f]Scarlet[/name_f] Roses I know? At least three.

You’re over-thinking it [name_f]Margery[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] is a lovely name.