Name Appreciation Thread!

I tried looking for a “name appreciation” thread, and couldn’t find one, so making one!

Use this thread to share names that you appreciate, i.e. like, love, are getting to like, have liked for exactly 500 minutes, or 500 years, or are just experiencing an appreciation for a name that came over you like a ton of bricks, in the span of 0.5 seconds (like me just now :face_with_hand_over_mouth:).

Unlike name of the day, post as many names as you like, whenever you like :innocent:

4 Likes

[name_f]Sunniva[/name_f] is my inspiration for this thread :eyes::sun_with_face: and the name I am appreciating right now

2 Likes

i really love this idea!

i’m really appreciating callisto right now! i love the space connection and i think it has such a pretty sound and look. i also love liss as a nn! :waning_gibbous_moon: :ringer_planet:

5 Likes

I’m really appreciating [name_m]Brexton[/name_m], [name_u]Keelan[/name_u], [name_f]Lyanna[/name_f], [name_f]Isla[/name_f], [name_f]Maple[/name_f], [name_m]Trevor[/name_m], [name_u]Dale[/name_u], [name_m]Ralph[/name_m], [name_m]Dave[/name_m], [name_m]Davey[/name_m], Gragson, [name_u]Chase[/name_u], [name_u]Clyde[/name_u], [name_u]Elliott[/name_u], [name_m]Eoghan[/name_m], [name_u]Noah[/name_u], [name_m]Matthias[/name_m], [name_f]Winona[/name_f], [name_u]Cheyenne[/name_u], [name_u]Vivian[/name_u], [name_f]Natalie[/name_f], [name_f]Clarice[/name_f] and [name_u]Sasha[/name_u] right now

3 Likes

I’ve been really appreciating [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f] as of late. She’s such a special, earthy, exciting kind of name! I think she’s just a darling. So poised whilst also so free-spirited.

7 Likes

I’ve been loving [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f], [name_u]Esme[/name_u] and [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] a lot lately especially with my top two names; [name_f]Margot[/name_f] and [name_u]Arthur[/name_u]

3 Likes

I love Sarabeth, lately. More as [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] - [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] nn Sarabeth than just Sarabeth. Maybe it’s the southern charm of it or my love of double names but I love the name.

3 Likes

Really appreciating [name_u]Ennis[/name_u], [name_u]George[/name_u], [name_u]Walter[/name_u], [name_f]Heidi[/name_f], and [name_f]Clara[/name_f] today!

3 Likes

I’m appreciating [name_m]Mordecai[/name_m] today! thank you for making this thread!!

2 Likes

Lately I’ve been appreciating [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] all of a sudden…lacy but serious with a ridiculously cute nickname in [name_f]Winnie[/name_f]. I’m also into [name_m]Reynard[/name_m] nn Reynie, a la The Mysterious [name_m]Benedict[/name_m] Society.

4 Likes

[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] for a boy, [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] for a girl. I like the vibes they give of at the moment, can’t explain it any more :joy:

5 Likes

[name_f]Persephone[/name_f]! I think I was running away from this name because of how ‘out-there’ it was, but I have grown to love it now :purple_heart:

6 Likes

I’ve been really appreaciating [name_f]Briony[/name_f]! She’s sassy, has a snappy sound, but also a literary connection and it’s a nature name!

5 Likes

[name_u]Ocean[/name_u] and [name_u]Autry[/name_u] are both extra appealing to me today. I love word names and lately [name_u]Hazel[/name_u] had been my word name crush for boys. Suddenly today he’s been replaced by [name_u]Ocean[/name_u]. It’s a bit like [name_m]Oisin[/name_m] which I’m also fond of after looking after a child with this name. I like the ee sound ending of [name_u]Autry[/name_u], less common in boys than girls names, and the subtle differences in its [name_u]French[/name_u] Vs [name_f]English[/name_f] PN.

3 Likes

Appreciating [name_m]Farid[/name_m] & [name_m]Jamal[/name_m]. They sounds so cool :v:and exciting. I Have a love for Arabic boys names I’ve noticed.
Xx

3 Likes

I have fallen in LOVE with [name_f]Margot[/name_f] recently.

Was obsessed with [name_u]Julian[/name_u] and [name_u]Eliott[/name_u] as brothers as well as [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] as sisters!
[name_f]Juliette[/name_f] was a love for a long time.
[name_f]Layla[/name_f] and [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] are my newest girl loves.
[name_m]Atticus[/name_m] and [name_u]Finn[/name_u] are my newest boy loves.

Other names I adore:

[name_f]Daisy[/name_f], [name_f]Macie[/name_f], [name_f]Fleur[/name_f]

[name_u]Harry[/name_u], [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u], [name_u]Ziggy[/name_u], [name_m]Oskar[/name_m], [name_u]Finley[/name_u]

4 Likes

[name_f]Eunice[/name_f] for me today :white_heart::sparkles::dove:

[name_m]Just[/name_m] need to talk about how incredibly under appreciated [name_f]Eunice[/name_f] is! I do get it, I too used to see it as one of the ‘never to be revived’ insanely dated names. But then I met a [name_f]Eunice[/name_f] in her late 20s/early 30s who was just SO chic & really put the name into that light for me as well! Here’s your name appreciation post, [name_f]Eunice[/name_f] :partying_face:

8 Likes

really appreciating polly lately :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: she’s so sweet!

i used to dislike polly, because i never really loved the sound and found it very dated, but the more i say it the more i like it!

8 Likes

This is a great thread! Thank you so much. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’m really loving [name_m]Theseus[/name_m] right now. It’s quite rare and unique, and yet, with the rise of Greek mythology names, it could easily fit in. Plus the possibility to use a more accessible nickname like [name_u]Theo[/name_u] makes it so much more wearable!

5 Likes

I’m really liking [name_u]Wesley[/name_u] for a boy and [name_m]Weston[/name_m] as well right now. I think they’re such cool names plus I love [name_m]Wes[/name_m] as a nickname.

4 Likes