Name Debate between these two lovelies

Can you discuss what you think of when you hear these names?

• Ruby
  • Marigold
0 voters
1 Like

[name_f]Marigold[/name_f] gets my vote! I love M names and long names. [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] has multiple beautiful nicknames.
Word names are always magical. Both [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] and [name_f]Ruby[/name_f] sound very feminine, sophisticated, melodic and colorful. [name_f]Ruby[/name_f] sounds powerful. [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] sounds more delicate. [name_f]Ruby[/name_f] is international and timeless. [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] is a little bit more unexpected.

1 Like

I’d go for [name_f]Ruby[/name_f]. It’s classic but isn’t as overused as some classics are right now (Charlotte, etc). For me, [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] just isn’t as flowy and isn’t the best flower name to use for a child as it’s a bit more clunky.

1 Like

Tough choice!

[name_f]My[/name_f] thoughts when hearing them:

[name_f]Marigold[/name_f] → warm, bright and summery, yellow and orange vibes, floral, sweet and vintage, a little frilly but with plenty of versatile nicknames (Maggie, [name_f]Mari[/name_f], [name_f]Maddie[/name_f], [name_f]Goldie[/name_f], [name_f]Molly[/name_f], [name_m]Riggs[/name_m], Mimi)

[name_f]Ruby[/name_f] → bubbly, cheerful and lively, vintage vibes but fresh too, imagery of red gemstones, wide legged jeans and converse - but also satin pale pink and lacey vibes?? It’s a well rounded choice

Oh gosh this was soooo hard!!!

I have both names on my list the combinations are [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] & [name_f]Edith[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Ruby[/name_f] both combinations I love tons! So anyways this was really hard choice but I went with [name_f]Ruby[/name_f] :gem:

[name_f]Marigold[/name_f] ~ she’s a happy, joyous, energetic, summery and fun. [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] conjures up imagery surrounding yellow, oranges, gorgeous flowers, summertime, sunny warm days and cloudy lemonade. I also love the sweet nickname [name_f]Goldie[/name_f].

[name_f]Ruby[/name_f] ~ again feels summery due to rubies being the birthstone of [name_f]July[/name_f] which is really appealing as I’m desperate for summer to start! [name_f]Ruby[/name_f] has tons of warmth, feels sparkly, glamorous and sassy. I also find [name_f]Ruby[/name_f] very classic she’s an enduring choice.

Both are beautiful but I went with [name_f]Ruby[/name_f] because I think she’s more wearable in the UK. Unfortunately we have these yellow washing up gloves that get called marigolds so this is a slight drawback.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps!

1 Like

@tori101 You are so my naming twin!! We went with Ruby Marigold Kate :heart::sparkles:. Really happy as I feel like she can lean into Ruby OR Goldie! Our fam already calling her a mix of both.

1 Like

@Greyblue great descriptions and what made me most delighted was to see how both really bring a sunny and positive vibe!! :sunny:

1 Like

Yay it’s always nice to find a naming twin!!! [name_f]Ruby[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] is absolutely gorgeous :gem: