Name Dilemma

I thought I was pretty solid on a name I was going to use (I’m FtM btw, so it’s for myself), that was [name_m]Liam[/name_m] E***. However, when I think of telling people that’s what I’d like to go by, I have doubts if it’s the one. The reasons why I’m not sold on it, even though I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] the name and the meaning is that it’s part of my dad’s middle name, and though I thought I was okay with it, I guess I’m not. Also, the popularity of the name never bothered me since I only met one other person with it who spelled it “Leam”.

I was going through random generated names and then found [name_u]Jesse[/name_u], another name I was considering previously (as a middle) to go with [name_m]Liam[/name_m]. However, I have a cousin with that name, though not the same spelling, and I haven’t seen him in years, and we never talk anyway. My given middle also starts with a J, so there’s another reason I’d like to use it to keep the same initial.

The first name I thought of using to go with [name_u]Jesse[/name_u], was [name_u]Tyler[/name_u]. When I was 8-10 years old I’d always wished my parents would have given me a unisex name, and even though [name_u]Tyler[/name_u] wasn’t considered a unisex name back then, it is now. I also like the nickname [name_m]Ty[/name_m]. The only thing is I’m not a huge fan of the meaning “maker of tiles”.

The other thing is I kind of want it to go with my brother’s name, which I think it does. [name_u]Tyler[/name_u] with a K, and minus the ‘r’. Though is it too similar?

The other, other thing would people associate [name_u]Tyler[/name_u] [name_u]Jesse[/name_u], with the actor [name_u]Jesse[/name_u] [name_u]Tyler[/name_u] [name_m]Ferguson[/name_m]? I don’t plan on disclosing my middle to every person I meet, but how many people would get the association?

Thanks.

[name_u]Jesse[/name_u] is a great name. It’s gentler than most boys names so that’s why I like it, plus almost every [name_u]Jesse[/name_u] is smart and cute! The meaning is also beautiful. I don’t love [name_u]Tyler[/name_u] just because it used to be very popular, [name_m]Ty[/name_m] however is a nice nickname or even full name. I do like [name_m]Liam[/name_m] but if you don’t love it, don’t use it!

Some others you might like:

[name_m]Reuben[/name_m]
[name_m]Asher[/name_m]
[name_m]Victor[/name_m]
[name_m]Eli[/name_m]
[name_m]Orin[/name_m]
[name_m]Soren[/name_m]
[name_m]Zander[/name_m]
[name_m]Julian[/name_m]

[name_u]Tyler[/name_u] [name_u]Jesse[/name_u] is great!

[name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_u]Jesse[/name_u] and [name_m]Kian[/name_m] [name_u]Jesse[/name_u] came to mind too

[name_m]Kian[/name_m] was another name that was in the mix a while ago. If I use [name_m]Kian[/name_m], I’ll be keeping both initials the same which I do like, and it has the same origin. But is it too uncommon for [name_u]North[/name_u] [name_u]America[/name_u]?

I feel like [name_m]Kian[/name_m] is unique but familiar and easy to say. It’s similar in sound or style to more popular names like [name_m]Liam[/name_m], [name_u]Kyle[/name_u], [name_u]Tyler[/name_u] and [name_u]Ryan[/name_u]

Thanks. I appreciate it, greyblue. I hope it stays fairly uncommon, and I don’t start seeing it everywhere.