Name drama...advice needed

My husband and I have some serious name drama. We are expecting baby #4 in less than a month and we have no girl name picked out, and worse than that we cannot seem to even narrow down our list!! We had this issue with our daughter in the hospital over 2 years ago and had to stay another night at the hospital because we couldnt decide. Some may remember how comfy a hospital is with a new baby…not. So I’m feeling anxiety that this will happen to us again if its a girl. We decided to not know the gender of this one, but we did end up settling on a boy name finally after some painful back and forth, deciding on a name and then completely changing our minds again…ugh. Anyways namers I need HELP!!
Here is our chosen boy name: [name_m]Lincoln[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]
Names of our other kids: [name_m]Caleb[/name_m] [name_m]Anthony[/name_m], [name_u]Evan[/name_u] [name_m]Matthew[/name_m], [name_u]Everly[/name_u] [name_f]Jade[/name_f]

Possibilities for girl names:
[name_f]Primrose[/name_f] (would like to use as a possible MN if not first) nn:Prim, rose, rosie?
[name_f]Ayla[/name_f] MN primrose?
[name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] (possibly a little too popular? [name_m]Long[/name_m] in comparing our other kids names?)
[name_f]Kaylah[/name_f] (dont love but trying to for hubby sake)
[name_u]Presley[/name_u] (dont love but trying to be open, mostly because hubby fam loves it) (hate being a people pleaser)

So thats it. Would love HELP AND ADVICE!!

I love [name_f]Primrose[/name_f]! And think the nn picked out for [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] all sound cute :slight_smile: [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] is cute too - a little longer, yes, but only 1 more syllable and 2 more letters than [name_u]Everly[/name_u] (which is also cute). The “[name_f]Kaylah[/name_f]” is a bit unusual, especially considering your other kids seem to have traditional spelling for their names. I also think [name_u]Presley[/name_u] is cute. Have you tried saying (outloud) the names of your other kids, then sampling these different names at the end? Like you’re calling them all to dinner from another room. And tried saying just the (potential) first name with your last name? Both those methods have ruled out quite a few names for us (we’re due with our 3rd child in [name_u]December[/name_u], our 2nd girl, and naming her is SO HARD!) I wish you the best of luck! :slight_smile:

Try not to stress!!! IF it’s a girl you have so many beautiful options.

I don’t love [name_f]Kaylah[/name_f] or [name_u]Presley[/name_u] as they feel less classic than your other children’s names, and I agree that [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] seems like a mouthful.

With the phonetic link between [name_u]Evan[/name_u] and [name_u]Everly[/name_u], I think it would make a great sibset to have a phonetic link with [name_m]Caleb[/name_m].
Thus, I like [name_f]Claire[/name_f] as a first name!

[name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f]
[name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_u]Presley[/name_u]

Congrats on [name_m]Lincoln[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] - I absolutely love it!!! My favorites from your girllist are [name_f]Claire[/name_f] & [name_f]Juliet[/name_f], but I don’t like either with [name_f]Primrose[/name_f], which is a cute middle name. I really like [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] and [name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f]! Is [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] pronounced A-la? [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] is cute but I slightly prefer [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f]. [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] is really cute as well. [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] ([name_f]Rosie[/name_f]) [name_f]Claire[/name_f] works too. I don’t care for [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] with your sibset and don’t like kaylah (sounds made up) or [name_u]Presley[/name_u] ([name_m]Elvis[/name_m] connection too strong for me!).

Okay, this is just my two cents but don’t use the name [name_u]Presley[/name_u] unless you love it. Your husband’s family gets zero say in this.

Of the names on your list I like [name_f]Claire[/name_f] and [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] the best and feel that they both sound nice with [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] as a mn.

Side note, I almost named my son [name_m]Caleb[/name_m] [name_m]Anthony[/name_m] and changed my mind at the very last second! I still looooooove the combo but could never use it now because it was almost his name!

Wow I’m blown away with all your responses, they bring so much clarity to me. [name_u]Love[/name_u] the idea about saying them out loud with my others, never thought of doing that.
[name_u]Love[/name_u] all the perspectives, it’s giving my mind a new take on it all. Super grateful!!

I don’t absolutely HAVE to have [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] as a middle name it just has a little special tie for my husband and I. For the last 4 years or however long the Hunger Games has been going every year the movie would fall either on our anniversary or one day after or before. It was our anniversary date movie every time and we loved how the name and character flowed so well. My husband has recently loved it as a first name but I feel really cautious with it. I’m trying to consider what an adult [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] would look like, act, etc.

I love these with your kids:

[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
[name_f]Ayla[/name_f]

I would do [name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] so you have two children with C initials and two children with E initials. I’m a sucker for symmetry.

I would choose [name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] so that you have two siblings starting with C and two with E. I’m a sucker for symmetry.

I wouldn’t do [name_f]Kaylah[/name_f] because it’s so similar to [name_m]Caleb[/name_m]. Maybe bring that up to your husband and it’ll help your case? :wink:
Not a fan of [name_u]Presley[/name_u] at all, so I’m with you on that one. Please [name_f]DO[/name_f] NOT use it simply to appease your family. They’ll love whatever you choose when they associate it with their sweet new family member.
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] and [name_f]Claire[/name_f] are my favorites from your list. I think [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] fits in just fine with your other children’s names. It reminds me a lot of [name_u]Everly[/name_u] in sound (even though it is one syllable longer). So, I would go with [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] if I were you; it’s adorable and works beautifully with your others! Also, [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] is about the cutest name I’ve ever heard! Nickname Penny Rose?!
On that note, I’d keep [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] in the MN spot, it doesn’t work super well with your other kiddos’ names as a first. GOOD [name_m]LUCK[/name_m]!

Finally someone has pointed it out! I had to read each post carefully to make sure it hadn’t already been discussed and decided - do NOT use [name_f]Kayla[/name_f]/[name_f]Kaylah[/name_f] - it is BASICALLY THE SAME NAME AS [name_m]CALEB[/name_m]. [name_m]Say[/name_m] them out loud and use them in some sentences!!

[name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] is beautiful, but I actually think [name_u]Presley[/name_u] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] is a very pretty name that would fit even better!

Maybe [name_f]Kaya[/name_f]/[name_f]Kaia[/name_f] instead of [name_f]Kaylah[/name_f]? [name_f]Kaia[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] sounds nice

I really like the idea of [name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f]! It’s so sweet and rolls right off the tongue! :slight_smile:

Oh, that’s terrible! You definitely don’t want to have to spend anymore time in the hospital than you have to. I’m so happy to hear you already decided on a boy name! To me, that’d be the hard part =P

Now, these names…

[name_f]Primrose[/name_f] - Cute! I’m also a Hunger Games fan. But I would highly suggest keeping this in the mn spot because it’s an unusual character name, and because it may not age well.

[name_f]Ayla[/name_f] - [name_u]Haven[/name_u]'t heard this before, but it sounds cute. And [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] is adorable. I just kinda feel like [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] and [name_u]Everly[/name_u], and [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] and [name_m]Caleb[/name_m] are too close in sound. [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] also seems unfinished.

[name_f]Claire[/name_f] - [name_f]Claire[/name_f] is just nms. I also think of The Breakfast Club where he says her name in that disbelieving voice. I’m sorry if you have no idea what I’m talking about.

[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] - One of the best names on the planet. In my top 5! Gorgeous! I do prefer [name_f]Juliette[/name_f], but whatever. Lol

[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] - I’m really sorry, but there is nothing good I can say about this name.

[name_f]Kaylah[/name_f] & [name_u]Presley[/name_u] - While I do love [name_f]Kaylah[/name_f], both of these should be taken out of the running immediately if you’re not in love with them. Unless you two have been taking turns picking names for the children, you really should not consider them. [name_m]Trust[/name_m] me, you do not wanna regret your child’s name, or grow to hate it even more. I actually just seen a post about that. Also, like others have said, [name_f]Kaylah[/name_f] and [name_m]Caleb[/name_m] are also way too similar sounding.

Since you like [name_f]Ayla[/name_f], how about…

[name_f]Alanna[/name_f] (a-LAH-nuh)
[name_f]Alayna[/name_f]
[name_f]Alianna[/name_f]
(-[name_f]AHna[/name_f])
[name_f]Alina[/name_f]/[name_f]Elina[/name_f]
[name_f]Alisa[/name_f]/[name_f]Elisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Alison[/name_f]
[name_f]Aliyah[/name_f]
[name_f]Amirah[/name_f]
(a-MEER-uh)
[name_f]Aria[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]

Names I would use in place of [name_f]Claire[/name_f]:

[name_f]Calla[/name_f]
[name_f]Carissa[/name_f]
[name_f]Clarissa[/name_f]/Clariese
[name_f]Colette[/name_f]
Coreliese
[name_f]Larissa[/name_f]
[name_f]Lyra[/name_f]

Instead of [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] or [name_u]Presley[/name_u], uh…other P names?

[name_f]Paige[/name_f]
[name_u]Paisley[/name_u]
[name_f]Paloma[/name_f]
[name_f]Pamela[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_u]Piper[/name_u]
[name_f]Priscilla[/name_f]

Instead of [name_f]Kaylah[/name_f], try…

Anaiyah (a-[name_m]NYE[/name_m]-uh)
[name_f]Coralie[/name_f]
[name_f]Coraline[/name_f]/a or [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]/a
[name_f]Cora[/name_f]
[name_f]Hanna[/name_f]
[name_f]Kaiya[/name_f]
([name_u]KYE[/name_u]-uh)
[name_f]Karlee[/name_f]
[name_u]Kelsie[/name_u]
Koree
[name_f]Kyra[/name_f]
[name_u]Kyrie[/name_u]
[name_f]Layla[/name_f]
[name_f]Leah[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilah[/name_f]
Makaiya

[name_f]Maya[/name_f]
[name_f]Reina[/name_f]

I hope this is helpful at all. Let me know what you think! And remember, don’t worry because you’ve still got time and you’re definitely in the right place ;]

I really like your other kids’ names btw. So cute =]

Good luck!

So I finally got to sit down with my husband and go over all the wonderful advice you all have given. We agree with so much of it we actually took off [name_u]Presley[/name_u] and [name_f]Kaylah[/name_f] from our list. And we decided to use [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] as a NM only.
@mana- we have seen the breakfast club but couldn’t remember there was even a [name_f]Claire[/name_f]! So we YouTube it and yikes!
My husband said he never loved [name_f]Claire[/name_f] as a name so it was a little rocky for him to really consider it as one. He thinks of the crazy girl on the series Lost which I guess ruins it for him.
He and I were wondering if anyone has any more suggested “C” names? He really has been wanting that symmetry as well.
Also we just found the name [name_f]Esme[/name_f] and wanted to know if anyone had feedback on it?
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] we like and almost named our daughter that 2+ years ago. But I’m not sure I love how I say it I almost sound a little stumbled on it? Hard to explain it…

[name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] is beautiful

C names:

[name_f]Claudia[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Cara[/name_f]
[name_f]Callie[/name_f]
[name_f]Collette[/name_f]
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] (nn [name_f]Cora[/name_f]?)
[name_f]Calla[/name_f]

Also I like [name_f]Esme[/name_f], depending on pronunciation, I like Es-may but not so much Es-me

C names are really hard for me I don’t love most of them, or the ones I love I have close people around me that have already used them.
I would also pronounce [name_f]Esme[/name_f] (Es-[name_f]May[/name_f])

From your list, I like [name_f]Claire[/name_f] and [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]. I think they’re both very pretty! :slight_smile: