Name Drop - Boys

As some of you know, I’ve been having trouble with inspiration for name combos. Recently, I put up a post asking for some assistance with finding names that I liked.

I’ve complied a list of some of the names I liked best below:

[name_m]Moody[/name_m], [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], [name_m]Jasper[/name_m], [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m], [name_m]Isaac[/name_m], [name_m]Peter[/name_m], [name_u]Teddy[/name_u].

After reading this, what do you think? [name_m]How[/name_m] do you feel about these names, in general? Are there any other boys’ names you would suggest with these?

Thanks in advance!

[name_m]Moody[/name_m] - This one is unique and not really my cup of tea. It does remind me of [name_m]Moody[/name_m] [name_m]Spurgeon[/name_m] in the [name_f]Anne[/name_f] of [name_u]Green[/name_u] Gables series, so there’s that. Otherwise, I can’t really think of anything. If it’s an honor name, though, I think that makes a great reason to use a name like this.

[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] - I really like [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]. It’s a strong classic with heroic imagery thanks to the legendary [name_m]King[/name_m] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m].

[name_m]Jasper[/name_m] - [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] is a favorite of mine! It sounds effortlessly cool, and it just feels like it belongs to a mischievous schoolboy from the early 1900s or something – I don’t know! I just love it. :wink:

[name_m]Peregrine[/name_m] - I like it, especially with nn [name_m]Pippin[/name_m], à la Peregin Took ([name_m]Lord[/name_m] of the Rings). It’s probably not really my style, but I totally see the appeal. I’m not sure how it would wear irl, but I’d love to see it!

[name_m]Isaac[/name_m] - I like [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] a lot, though it does seem very common around where I live. Still, it has a distinct sound yet a gentle vibe – definitely a great choice!

[name_m]Peter[/name_m] - YES. I think [name_m]Peter[/name_m] is classic and handsome and way underappreciated. With the current popularity of [name_f]Marvel[/name_f], which boasts two heroes named [name_m]Peter[/name_m] ([name_u]Parker[/name_u] & [name_m]Quill[/name_m]), I’m surprised more people aren’t considering this one. I think it feels steadfast and intelligent with an unexpected charm.

[name_u]Teddy[/name_u] - I adore [name_u]Teddy[/name_u]. However, I do tend to think it’s a little incomplete on its own. (I prefer it as a nn for [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], obviously.) But if you prefer it alone, it could easily join ranks with [name_m]Jack[/name_m], [name_m]Harry[/name_m], [name_m]Archie[/name_m], & Co.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this could help! :slight_smile:

[name_m]Moody[/name_m] - cool but a little descriptive and in a negative way?

[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] - strong and solid

[name_m]Jasper[/name_m] -classic but cool

Pergerine - bold, vintage and brave

[name_m]Isaac[/name_m] - tidy, sturdy and gentle

[name_m]Peter[/name_m] - okay, safe

[name_u]Teddy[/name_u] -sweet and lively

I’d suggest

[name_u]Murphy[/name_u]
[name_m]Ramsey[/name_m]
[name_u]Rory[/name_u]
[name_m]Jonah[/name_m]
[name_m]Charles[/name_m]
[name_m]Phillip[/name_m]
[name_f]Lockie[/name_f]
[name_m]Hawthorn[/name_m]
[name_m]Hamish[/name_m]
[name_m]Caspian[/name_m]
[name_m]Louis[/name_m]
[name_u]Toby[/name_u]
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m]
[name_m]Ozzy[/name_m]
[name_u]Jamie[/name_u]
[name_u]Kit[/name_u]
[name_u]Jem[/name_u]
[name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_m]Griffin[/name_m]
[name_m]Gareth[/name_m]
[name_u]Beck[/name_u]
[name_m]Ezra[/name_m]
[name_u]Owen[/name_u]
[name_m]Garth[/name_m]
[name_m]Elijah[/name_m]
[name_m]Bastian[/name_m]
[name_m]Nate[/name_m]

As the mom of both an [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and a [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] I must say I like those names the best. :slight_smile:

[name_m]Arthur[/name_m], [name_m]Jasper[/name_m], [name_m]Peter[/name_m], [name_m]Isaac[/name_m], and [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] all have a classic, slightly old manish vibe. I really like [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], [name_m]Jasper[/name_m], and [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] as they have a bit more spunk to them.

[name_m]Moody[/name_m] and [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m] have a different flavor than the other names. [name_m]Moody[/name_m] makes me think of someone in a bad mood. [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m] is very grand and whimsical.

Names you might like are [name_m]Edwin[/name_m], [name_m]Felix[/name_m], [name_u]Kit[/name_u], [name_m]Cyrus[/name_m], [name_m]Fraser[/name_m], [name_m]Miles[/name_m], [name_m]Hugo[/name_m], and [name_m]Harry[/name_m].

[name_m]Moody[/name_m] - I really don’t like this. It’s like naming a kid Moodswing or Pissedoff.

[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] - Classic, NMS, but pretty much universally loved. Cute meaning, too.

[name_m]Jasper[/name_m] - Pretty trendy, but a good name nonetheless.

[name_m]Peregrine[/name_m] - [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] this. Could be nicknamed [name_u]Perry[/name_u], [name_u]Percy[/name_u], [name_f]Rin[/name_f], [name_m]Greg[/name_m], etc.

[name_m]Isaac[/name_m] - Has always felt fairly run-of-the-mill to me. I don’t mind it, don’t hate it. [name_m]Ike[/name_m] is nice.

[name_m]Peter[/name_m] - See [name_m]Isaac[/name_m]. I actually love [name_f]Petra[/name_f], so it’s weird that I find this name so meh. Reminds me of the term “petered out”.

[name_u]Teddy[/name_u] - Not a fan at all of nickname names, especially cutesy ones like this.

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m], [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], and [name_m]Jasper[/name_m].
Some reccomendations:

[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]
[name_m]Simon[/name_m]
[name_u]August[/name_u]
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m]
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u]
[name_m]Atticus[/name_m]
[name_m]Silas[/name_m]
[name_u]Emmett[/name_u]
[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m]