Name Drop - Girls

As some of you know, I’ve been having trouble with inspiration for name combos. Recently, I put up a post asking for some assistance with finding names that I liked.

I’ve complied a list of some of the names I liked best below:

[name_f]Rosemary[/name_f], [name_f]Adele[/name_f], [name_f]Marigold[/name_f], [name_f]Elodie[/name_f], [name_f]Birdie[/name_f], [name_f]Meg[/name_f], [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f], [name_f]Dorothea[/name_f], [name_f]Margot[/name_f]

After reading this, what do you think? [name_m]How[/name_m] do you feel about these names, in general? Are there any other girls’ names you would suggest with these?

Thanks in advance!

I really like [name_f]Adele[/name_f], [name_f]Marigold[/name_f], [name_f]Elodie[/name_f], and [name_f]Margot[/name_f]. Really cool. The rest aren’t as close to my style

Suggestions:

[name_f]Jolene[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]
[name_f]Greta[/name_f]
[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]
[name_f]Elene[/name_f]/[name_f]Helene[/name_f]
[name_f]Emilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Laurel[/name_f]
[name_f]Camille[/name_f]
[name_u]July[/name_u]

[name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] - Oh, I love [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]! Vintage charm at its finest. I went back and forth between [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] for so long – I’d honestly use both if I could. [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] is just darling! (Okay, I’m done gushing! :wink: )

[name_f]Adele[/name_f] - It’s pretty, I suppose, but I prefer [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] or [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] myself. However, [name_f]Adele[/name_f] is very sweet, gently [name_m]French[/name_m], and reminds me of [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Eyre[/name_f]'s adorable little pupil.

[name_f]Marigold[/name_f] - Stunning. It’s not really my style, but I think it’s such a fascinating name for a little girl. The only association I have with the name is Downton [name_u]Abbey[/name_u], but I’d love to see it worn irl!

[name_f]Elodie[/name_f] - Personally, I don’t love this one. It just doesn’t have an appealing sound to me. Also, it’s so similar to [name_f]Melody[/name_f], which feels very dated and overused at this point, imho.

[name_f]Birdie[/name_f] - [name_f]Birdie[/name_f] is so cute! Though I think it may be a little too nickname-y to stand on its own. Maybe for [name_f]Bridget[/name_f] or [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f]?

[name_f]Meg[/name_f] - Sweet [name_f]Meg[/name_f]. I definitely love [name_f]Meg[/name_f], but as with [name_f]Birdie[/name_f] I think it’s better as a nn, tbh. [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] is lovely and classic, or even [name_f]Margot[/name_f] as you have on your list. (Though I think calling [name_f]Margot[/name_f] “[name_f]Meg[/name_f]” might defeat the purpose of naming her [name_f]Margot[/name_f] in the first place…)

[name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] - [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] is so classy and elegant! I definitely like it, but not quite as much as [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f].

[name_f]Dorothea[/name_f] - It’s alright, I suppose, but I personally prefer [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] or [name_f]Theodora[/name_f]. Something about [name_f]Dorothea[/name_f]'s sound just doesn’t appeal to me. However, that’s just me, and, if you love it, there’s certainly no reason not to use it!

[name_f]Margot[/name_f] - I like it, but I think I like [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]-called-"[name_f]Meg[/name_f]" better myself. Still, [name_f]Margot[/name_f] has a very chic and confident vibe that would wear so well on a girl today!

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this could help! :slight_smile:

[name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] - classic and underused.

[name_f]Adele[/name_f]- strong, sleek and pretty

[name_f]Marigold[/name_f] -elegant and distinctive

[name_f]Elodie[/name_f] - lyrical and sweet

[name_f]Birdie[/name_f]-vintage and charming

[name_f]Meg[/name_f] - cute and homely

[name_f]Rosamund[/name_f]- bold and big

[name_f]Dorothea[/name_f]- classic and strong

[name_f]Margot[/name_f] - charming and cool

Your names have a lot of vintage and literary charm

I’d suggest

[name_u]Marion[/name_u]/[name_f]Marianne[/name_f]
[name_f]Beth[/name_f]
[name_f]Effie[/name_f]
[name_f]Jane[/name_f]
Lissy
[name_f]Celia[/name_f]
[name_f]Dinah[/name_f]
[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f]
[name_f]Delphine[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgiana[/name_f]
[name_f]Kitty[/name_f]
[name_f]Estella[/name_f]
[name_f]Florence[/name_f]
[name_f]Cornelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Tess[/name_f]
[name_f]Louisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Paulina[/name_f]
[name_f]Polly[/name_f]

[name_f]Adele[/name_f], [name_f]Marigold[/name_f], [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] and [name_f]Margot[/name_f] are just gorgeous, and I can appreciate [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] and [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] too and love them in the middle spot. [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] and [name_f]Adele[/name_f] [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] would be gorgeous, for example. With these, I’d suggest:

[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Amelie[/name_f]
[name_f]Thea[/name_f]
[name_f]Luella[/name_f]
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
[name_f]Della[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_f]Flora[/name_f]
[name_f]India[/name_f]
[name_f]Magnolia[/name_f]
[name_f]Theodora[/name_f]
[name_f]Allegra[/name_f]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Olive[/name_f]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f]
[name_f]Olympia[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Xanthe[/name_f]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps!

Hmm…
[name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] - I love this name I think it’s so classy & sweet. I wish my partner would get on board with [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] but he says it’s a white old lady name soooo annoying anyways I love [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]!
Suggestions:
[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f]

[name_f]Adele[/name_f] - this is a pretty name very simple and understated.
Suggestions:
[name_f]Liv[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecily[/name_f]
[name_f]Eve[/name_f]

[name_f]Marigold[/name_f] - this is such a southern belle name it’s gorgeous love the [name_f]Goldie[/name_f] nickname so sweet & happy sounding.
Suggestions:
[name_f]Magnolia[/name_f]
[name_f]Maple[/name_f]
[name_f]Caroline[/name_f]

[name_f]Elodie[/name_f] - a nice pretty melodic sounding name completely see the appeal it’s lovely.
Suggestions:
[name_u]Eloise[/name_u]
[name_f]Amelie[/name_f]
[name_f]Bianca[/name_f]

[name_f]Birdie[/name_f] - it’s a nice nickname but I’m not keen as a name in its own right going to suggest other nickname names you may like
Suggestions:
[name_f]Goldie[/name_f]
[name_f]Annie[/name_f]
[name_f]Effie[/name_f]

[name_f]Meg[/name_f] - I don’t like as a name in its own right prefer [name_f]Megan[/name_f]. Other nickname/retro choices
Suggestions:
[name_f]Evie[/name_f]
[name_f]Polly[/name_f]

[name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] - I love [name_f]Rose[/name_f] names and her numerous variants this is probably my least favourite but I do completely appreciate and see the appeal of [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f].
Suggestions:
[name_f]Rosanna[/name_f]
[name_f]Lillian[/name_f]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]

[name_f]Dorothea[/name_f] - this is a nice vintage choice it’s pretty and has a great range of nicknames.
Suggestions:
[name_f]Theodora[/name_f]
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]

[name_f]Margot[/name_f] - this nameberry favourite is slowly loosing its appeal for me I dunno I’m just finding it a bit blah
Suggestions:
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Opal[/name_f]
[name_f]Colette[/name_f]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helped