Name Experiences

Met any people with unusual/cool/favorite/interesting names? Post it here!

I’ll start, with sisters (not twins) named [name]Heaven[/name] and [name]Nevaeh[/name].

Some that stand out are Saunatina, Tria, [name]Cher[/name], [name]Carmella[/name], [name]Nanda[/name], [name]Jorja[/name], and Valency. Actually, there’s a lot more where those come from…

I’m getting to know this Russian woman named [name]Dasha[/name]. Also we recently met a baby boy named [name]Conrad[/name]. I will try to think of more unusual names.

I know a [name]Daisy[/name] and [name]Maggie[/name] sibset (yes, as stand-alone names) headpalms
Um, one of the girls in my class is called [name]Ursula[/name]! I love her name

I love [name]Ursula[/name] too! And I thought I was all alone… yay! I’m not!

my name is [name]Daisy[/name] for real…middle name [name]Matilda[/name]…i am 36 years old…my parents were hippies. i knew no other daisys growing up, now these names are hip. i hated my name as a kid 'cos i could never find any of those tacky personalised items with my name on it.

I know a gorgeous and very sweet girl named [name]Anouk[/name]. I love her name, it’s similar to [name]Anais[/name] but sounds a bit stronger.

“[name]Mai[/name]” (pronounced “my”) was a common girls’ name among my Hmong classmates; when I first heard it I was very young and thought it sounded weird but it didn’t take long for me to appreciate it.

Sure, I know a ‘[name]Blanca[/name]’ (f), & a ‘Manith’ (nn [name]Mani[/name]) (m).

I have an Aunt [name]Verla[/name]. It seemed normal when I was a kid, but I’ve never met another one.

I have taught many children with interesting names…there was a Pocahantus in my class in my first year of teaching. Now in my school (though I am on maternity leave now) I have an [name]India[/name], [name]Rain[/name] and [name]Blue[/name].

[name]Gracie[/name]

I love [name]Ursula[/name] too! And I thought I was all alone… yay! I’m not![/quote]
This is great! My husband and I are trying for a baby, and he is dead set on [name]Ursula[/name] if we have a girl :slight_smile:

I knew a Native girl in Uni, called [name]Feather[/name].

She was exotic and gorgeous.

• E

I know a Marimar, too. I think it was popularized by a telenovela.

I just read of a Dutch celeb who has two daughters: [name]Lola[/name] and [name]Nona[/name]. That’s a bit to close for my taste…

I’m a teacher too… some more interesting ones in Kindergarten at the moment

[name]Ocean[/name]
[name]Byron[/name]
[name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Tia[/name]
[name]Rio[/name]
Taiga (Yes [name]Tiger[/name]!)
Jaeger

We also have an [name]Ocean[/name] and [name]River[/name] in my school at the moment! Since I left for maternity leave, I’ve yet to see the class lists for the new little ones, I’m sure there will be some gems of names in there! :slight_smile:

[name]Gracie[/name]

I went to school with a [name]Martha[/name], whose brother’s name was [name]Arthur[/name]! Their father was [name]Arturo[/name] and wanted [name]BOTH[/name] children named after him!

I also went to school with a [name]Joanna[/name], whose sisters were [name]Marianna[/name] and [name]Dianna[/name], after their mother, [name]Anna[/name]!

My husband’s uncle is Lan…

He has three children
[name]Roxanne[/name] (from first wife)
[name]Lani[/name] (second marriage)
Lan (second marriage)

Lan, Lan, [name]Lani[/name], [name]Roxanne[/name]…I just can never get over it!

I met a [name]Maxine[/name]! The unusual thing was that she was around 11. Very cute girl, but I never got a chance to say how much I loved her name.