Name Fatigue but due in 4 weeks. Really need help!

[name]Hi[/name] all. I would [name]LOVE[/name] some fresh ideas. Wanting so much to get excited about a name, but it eludes me! I love uncommon but familiar names, possibly slightly glamorous/elegant or at the very least, distinctive. Not a fan of nicknames to make a name “work”. I want to love the given name. Also, I’d love a two-syllable name (altho not imperative) to match nicely with sib: [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Wynne[/name]. Last name starts with a Ar-. We’re English, Welsh, Swedish, Norwegian and [name]German[/name]. Here are some that point to my taste:

[name]Audrey[/name] (daughter no. 1. love it so much everything else pales)
[name]Genevieve[/name] (don’t like [name]Evie[/name] nn and seems too much without using nickname)
[name]Ingrid[/name] (love it but feels so grown up. can’t picture a baby or little girl with it)
[name]Paige[/name] (a bit reticent for one syllable fn)
[name]Bronwyn[/name] (don’t like Bronnie and just know that’s inevitable)
[name]Gwyneth[/name] (i’m part welsh and like the name a lot, just not the ‘one’)
[name]Summer[/name] (baby due late [name]March[/name])
[name]Anwen[/name] (like the look and meaning but a bit too funky for a first)
[name]Chloe[/name] (too popular but another example of my taste, I think)
[name]Emma[/name], [name]Ava[/name], [name]Sophie[/name] - would’ve been perf for my taste and to match sib but ridiculously popular.
[name]Tatum[/name] (hubby’s fave. like it a lot but cold feet).

Reallllly trying to embrace a name. [name]Feel[/name] so stuck. Many thanks for any help!

Best,
[name]Stephanie[/name] [name]Wynne[/name] (want my new daughter to love her name as much as I’ve loved mine my whole life)

[name]Hi[/name]!

I can’t remember if these have already been suggested, but:

[name]Audrey[/name] [name]Wynne[/name] (so cute!) and:

[name]Anna[/name]
[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Claire[/name]
[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Gemma[/name]
[name]Isla[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Lila[/name]
[name]Margot[/name]
[name]Nora[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Simone[/name]
[name]Stella[/name]
[name]Tessa[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]
[name]Vivian[/name]

Names that remind me of [name]Gwyneth[/name]:

[name]Brigid[/name]
[name]Bridget[/name]
[name]Carys[/name]
[name]Elspeth[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Isla[/name]
[name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Gwendolyn[/name]

Names that remind me of [name]Paige[/name] and [name]Chloe[/name]:

[name]Abigail[/name]
[name]Brooke[/name]
[name]Claire[/name]
[name]Emma[/name] (super popular, though)
[name]Grace[/name]
[name]Mallory[/name]
[name]Zoe[/name] (Close to [name]Chloe[/name]'s sound, and less popular…)

I hope you find the perfect name for you, [name]Stephanie[/name]!

Good luck! :slight_smile:

What about [name]Freya[/name] [name]Gwendolyn[/name]?

[name]Carys[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Ingrid[/name]
[name]Margo[/name] [name]Esme[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name] [name]Paige[/name]
[name]Amelie[/name] [name]Gwyneth[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Bronwyn[/name]
[name]Greta[/name] [name]Sophie[/name]

[name]Ever[/name] thought of

[name]Adelaide[/name] nn heidi - might appeal to scandinavian side and imo in the same league as genevieve
[name]Amelie[/name]- ([name]AH[/name]-[name]MAE[/name]-[name]LEE[/name] and not promounced emily)
[name]Arabella[/name]- traditional very uncommon name nowadays but coming back
[name]Abigail[/name]- though quite popular
[name]Emmeline[/name]- less common than emma and sounds similar to bronwyn
[name]Esme[/name] or Esmee- cute imo, and would go well with [name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Isla[/name]- though again quite common

I also love “[name]Grace[/name]” and " [name]Charlotte[/name]" but would keep them for second/ third name as they are very popular but very elegant.

Best of luck!

Best of luck

First of all [name]Tatum[/name] is beautiful!I have a cousin named [name]Tatum[/name] and she is 11 and it is a perfect name! But here is a list of some in my opinion fit your taste:

[name]Isla[/name]
[name]Eden[/name]
[name]Gemma[/name]
[name]Lylah[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Elise[/name]
[name]Lola[/name]

[name]How[/name] about:
[name]Leah[/name]
[name]Briony[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name]

Of those already suggested, I especially love:
[name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Iris[/name], [name]Margot[/name], [name]Stella[/name], [name]Willa[/name] (these last two may not work well with an Ar- last name), [name]Carys[/name], [name]Claire[/name], [name]Zoe[/name]

And if you really love a very popular name, you should just go with it. [name]Stephanie[/name] is a very popular name and you’ve loved having it, so your daughter may feel the same way.

I love the name [name]Tatum[/name].

[name]Hi[/name]!

I just suggested these on another post, but they might work well with your situation - and Miss [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Wynne[/name] - too!

[name]Alice[/name] [name]Blythe[/name], [name]Becca[/name] [name]Jane[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Rose[/name], [name]Farrah[/name] [name]Jane[/name], [name]Georgia[/name] [name]Faith[/name], [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Clare[/name], [name]Jenna[/name] [name]Paige[/name], [name]Maya[/name] [name]Tess[/name], [name]Nora[/name] [name]Fern[/name], [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Blythe[/name]

Alternative middle names include Braith, [name]Brynn[/name], [name]Cai[/name], [name]Gwen[/name], or [name]Reese[/name]…

[name]Charlotte[/name] Braith, [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Brynn[/name], [name]Georgia[/name] [name]Cai[/name], [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Gwen[/name], [name]Becca[/name] [name]Reese[/name]

Good luck!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

First, I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Ingrid[/name]. I think it will be fine when she is young, she can always go by “[name]Inge[/name].”

If the other names just aren’t speaking to you, what about:

[name]Birgitta[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
Maiken (maybe to out there, but I think it is beyond lovely)
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Vera[/name]

I love the name [name]Genevieve[/name]. It is my niece’s name, she goes by [name]Gen[/name], and [name]Gena[/name] (pn like [name]Jenna[/name]) when she was younger. I find it a little wierd that people use [name]Evie[/name] as a nn for [name]Genevieve[/name]. Also think it goes very well with [name]Audrey[/name], equally as pretty.

What about [name]Guinevere[/name]? Could use the nn [name]Gwen[/name].

I like a lot of the other names you have listed, but I am not a fan of [name]Tatum[/name]. I don’t see [name]Tatum[/name] as a name for a grown woman, seems childish to me.

I know what you mean about name fatigue! I am not due until the end of [name]May[/name] so I am (trying to) take a little break from finding the perfect name as I am overwhelmed and no longer like anything!

I agree, [name]Audrey[/name] is just a GORGEOUS name.

I know a [name]Genevieve[/name] who goes by her full name and it’s not too much of a mouthful (if that helps you love it more).

[name]How[/name] about…
[name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Leah[/name]
[name]Kara[/name]
[name]Claire[/name] or [name]Clara[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Maggie[/name] (though you don’t want nn’s…hmmm)
[name]Abigail[/name] (cute on its own, though [name]Audrey[/name] and [name]Abby[/name] seem like obvious sib-pairs to me!)

And if a name is really trendy, but you love it, I would still use it!

I love that several PP’s have suggested [name]Margo[/name] since that’s what I’m using if this baby is a girl!! (though I’m guessing that may not be your taste)

Some other people have mentioned that they like [name]Tatum[/name], but I really don’t. It seems very masculine, and I would never think of it as a girl’s name.

First off let me say That you have fabulous taste! My second daughter is also named [name]Audrey[/name]! I too love the name.

As far as the others go:
[name]Genevieve[/name] (This is a contender for me for [name]LOVE[/name] THIS Name!) I think no matter what you call her your older Daughter will be the one to “name” her.
[name]Ingrid[/name] - not a fan
[name]Paige[/name] - I like this one.
[name]Bronwyn[/name] - not a fan
[name]Gwyneth[/name]- this is a lovely name, but Doesn’t match with [name]Audrey[/name].
[name]Summer[/name] - not a fan
[name]Anwen[/name] - not a fan )
[name]Chloe[/name] (I don’t think this one is as popular as you think)

[name]Emma[/name], [name]Ava[/name], [name]Sophie[/name] - would’ve been perf for my taste and to match sib but ridiculously popular. - My first Daughter is named [name]Ella[/name] which is similar to [name]Emma[/name] but not as popular. They go very well together…

[name]Tatum[/name] - not a fan of this one

I also like
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Gretta[/name]
[name]Elise[/name]
[name]Grace[/name]

Wish I could suggest more but I’m nearly in the same boat as you, trying to come up with a third girl name Due in 9ks.

Good luck to you!

Hello! I feel your pain about choosing names. First of all, I agree that YOU must love a name and in the end thats all that matters…and ppl have such different opinions so its better to get a broader perspective. Go to behindthename.com and type in the name then “rate it” to see what pollers have said about different names such as [name]Tatum[/name]. Also, spend more time using the names you’re into but not sure of and one of them might grow on you.

I want to share MY opinion about [name]Tatum[/name]: I like it a lot, do not think it is masculine (and I don’t think many ppl would) and I think it fits a baby or an adult.

I am considering the name gwendolyn because I love Gueneviere but I think [name]Gwendolyn[/name] rolls off the tounge more and its just as pretty. Based on your list, I’m thinking you might like the name [name]Evelyn[/name]. Have fun! its almost time!

I’ve always felt [name]Audrey[/name] and [name]Lydia[/name] were beautiful together.

I think [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Ingrid[/name] is a sweetheart!

Oh, I like pp’s suggestion of [name]Evelyn[/name] with big sister [name]Audrey[/name]! I really love [name]Ingrid[/name] and can see it on a little girl as well as an adult. [name]Gwyneth[/name] also matches [name]Audrey[/name]'s style imo. (My DD is [name]Gwendolyn[/name] which I absolutely love, but I think [name]Gwyneth[/name] might be better with [name]Audrey[/name]). I like [name]Tatum[/name] a lot too.

Thanks for so many helpful replies! I’m trying to relax and simply enjoy the process of making a short list and then trust that meeting this one in person (now due in 3 weeks!) will point us to the “right” name.

Best to all!