Name Fatigue!

I’m completely stumped and overwhelmed! Everything is starting to sound the same…Please help me pick a first name for our little girl!

[name]Emma[/name], [name]Eden[/name], [name]Ruby[/name], or [name]Odessa[/name]?
Middle name: [name]Rose[/name] and last name: [name]Prince[/name].
Thoughts/Suggestions?:slight_smile:

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Odessa[/name]! It’s so underused and underrated but simply stunning! [name]Odessa[/name] [name]Rose[/name] [name]Prince[/name] sounds a wee bit choppy though. [name]How[/name] about [name]Odessa[/name] [name]Roseanne[/name] [name]Prince[/name]? That is gorgeous:) Some other suggestions:

[name]Rose[/name] names (because [name]Rose[/name] [name]Prince[/name] side by side doesn’t create the best flow):

[name]Rosalind[/name]
[name]Rosa[/name]
[name]Rosabelle[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Primrose[/name]
[name]Roseanne[/name]

Along the lines of [name]Emma[/name], [name]Eden[/name] and [name]Ruby[/name]:

[name]Anna[/name]
[name]Ella[/name]
[name]Sophie[/name]
[name]Hannah[/name]
[name]Sara/name
[name]Lily[/name] (bit [name]OTT[/name] with [name]Rose[/name] names though)
[name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Ava[/name]/[name]Eva[/name]
[name]Mia[/name]

Similar to [name]Odessa[/name]:

[name]Andorra[/name]
[name]Cortina[/name]
[name]Majorca[/name] (my-OR-cah)
[name]Quintana[/name]
[name]Ravenna[/name]
[name]Valencia[/name]
[name]Valletta[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] this was helpful:) Good [name]Luck[/name]!

• [name]Charlie[/name]

Of the four names you’ve listed, I would immediately eliminate [name]Emma[/name] and [name]Eden[/name], [name]Emma[/name] because it’s so ridiculously popular that it has lost its personality and [name]Eden[/name] because, well, frankly the immediate association is the Garden of [name]Eden[/name], which sort of puts you in the mindset of naming your daughter after [name]Heaven[/name] (in other words [name]Nevaeh[/name]) which is, let’s just say, less than sophisticated.

[name]Ruby[/name] and [name]Odessa[/name] are both really awesome names, sweet yet spunky. Of the two, [name]Ruby[/name] is more familiar while [name]Odessa[/name] feels more unusual, BUT on the other hand [name]Ruby[/name] is more flashy while [name]Odessa[/name] feels more mild. [name]Odessa[/name] [name]Prince[/name] flows better than [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Prince[/name], but not necessarily enough to be a deciding factor. [name]Odessa[/name] has more options in terms of nn’s ([name]Odie[/name] - not sure how I feel about that one, though - or maybe [name]Osie[/name] - like [name]Josie[/name] without the J - [name]Dessa[/name] or [name]Essa[/name]) while [name]Ruby[/name] will always be [name]Ruby[/name]. Also, if you go with [name]Ruby[/name], [name]Rose[/name] (or a variant) is out in the middle because [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Rose[/name] just sounds cheesy. I think in the end you really have to go with your gut to decide between these two: [name]Odessa[/name] has a slight advantage, but if you adore [name]Ruby[/name] then you should go for it. (If you have your heart set on [name]Rose[/name] in the middle, though, then the choice is made for you and [name]Odessa[/name] it is).

Moving onto the middle, I think that regardless of which first name you choose, [name]Rose[/name] should be altered somewhat because [name]Rose[/name] [name]Prince[/name] doesn’t have the best back to back flow. If you go with [name]Odessa[/name], a [name]Rose[/name] variant works great hear.
[name]Odessa[/name] [name]Rosalind[/name] [name]Prince[/name] would be my first choice!
But there are plenty of other [name]Rose[/name] names, or there’s always the choice of using two middles, in which instance I would go with something like [name]Odessa[/name] [name]Rose[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Prince[/name].

If you’re open to other middle names besides [name]Rose[/name], here are some suggestions:

[name]Odessa[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Prince[/name]
[name]Odessa[/name] [name]Louise[/name] [name]Prince[/name]
[name]Odessa[/name] [name]Harriet[/name] [name]Prince[/name]
[name]Odessa[/name] [name]Mary[/name] [name]Prince[/name]

[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Prince[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Veronica[/name] [name]Prince[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] [name]Prince[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Prince[/name]

[name]Emma[/name], [name]Eden[/name], [name]Ruby[/name], or [name]Odessa[/name]?

I really like [name]Eden[/name] and [name]Odessa[/name], my suggestion would be to pick a middle name with more syllables. I think the flow would be better… Maybe something like, [name]Eden[/name] [name]Isabelle[/name] [name]Prince[/name] or [name]Eden[/name] [name]Violet[/name] [name]Prince[/name]?

Good [name]Luck[/name]! :slight_smile:

[name]Emma[/name]: I think it’s a beautiful name, but because it’s so popular, some of your other names sound fresher to me. Also, [name]Emma[/name] [name]Prince[/name] sounds a bit like “I’m a prince” to me. (That may just be me, though!) :slight_smile: You may also like [name]Emmeline[/name].

[name]Eden[/name]: I think it’s very pretty, but because [name]Eden[/name] is a place, [name]Eden[/name] [name]Prince[/name] makes me think of a prince from [name]Eden[/name].

[name]Ruby[/name]: I think that [name]Ruby[/name] is adorable, but the P and B sounds in [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Prince[/name] don’t flow well to me.

[name]Odessa[/name]: I think it’s beautiful, and I love the sound of [name]Odessa[/name] [name]Prince[/name], but because [name]Odessa[/name] is a place, [name]Odessa[/name] [name]Prince[/name] reminds me of a prince from [name]Odessa[/name].

I agree that [name]Rose[/name] [name]Prince[/name] doesn’t have the best flow. [name]Rose[/name] is also the #1 name in the country, so if it’s not a family name, I love the idea of going for a longer [name]Rose[/name] name. I thought I’d add [name]Rosemary[/name] and [name]Rosaline[/name] to the list.

More names you may like (not all of which work with a [name]Rose[/name] name, in case you’re open to other middles):

[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Adeline[/name]
[name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Celia[/name]
[name]Diana[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Julia[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Miranda[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name] (nn [name]Annie[/name])

Names that feel exotic or romantic to me, like [name]Odessa[/name]:

[name]Aurora[/name]
[name]Arabella[/name]
[name]Aurelia[/name]
[name]Coralina[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Dahlia[/name]
[name]Evelina[/name]
[name]Francesca[/name]
[name]Georgiana[/name] (then again, [name]Georgiana[/name] [name]Prince[/name] sounds like “[name]Georgie[/name] on a prince” to me, so I think I’d personally avoid “ana” names with [name]Prince[/name]) :slight_smile:
[name]Jessamine[/name]
[name]Marielle[/name]
[name]Seraphina[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for your well thought out posts! I agree that the middle and last names are somewhat clunky together- but [name]Rose[/name] is a family name after my husband’s grandmother. I do love the way the name sounds with a longer middle name (like [name]Isabella[/name]) but we have to keep [name]Rose[/name], so perhaps a longer first name is the way to go. I was worried that [name]Odessa[/name] may be too exotic while [name]Ruby[/name] too cute but it seems like both are very well liked! I thought of [name]Odessa[/name] because I am Ukrainian (my father was born there) so it has meaning in that way. Actually, perhaps I need to look at more Russian names so that the name flows better…
PS. [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Rose[/name] being a bit much and [name]Prince[/name] of [name]Eden[/name] have occured to me- which is why I"ve been stalling! I like [name]Eleanor[/name] and [name]Eloisa[/name] as well:)