Name find: Keeper

Today I met an older gentlemen with the name Keeper. And sound wise at least, I really love it. Not sure if I can get past the ‘he’s a keeper’ jokes though. What’s your opinion wearable Orr too ripe for jokes.

1 Like

I wouldn’t think it’s easily wearable.

With current two syllable, ending in “-er” name trends for boys, I could actually see Keeper working. It would definitely get some jokes, but many names do and the jokes for this name are not negative at all. [name_f]My[/name_f] first connotation was soccer - goalkeeper is often shortened to keeper.

2 Likes

Interesting! I actually like it a lot, it feels like a quirkier [name_u]Cooper[/name_u] or a more straightforward [name_m]Kuiper[/name_m].

1 Like

I think it’s cool and stylish actually! Like @eloiseattheplaza I also thought of the soccer position. Sometimes people will call the goalkeeper ‘keep’ too (“Nice save, keep!”) and I think that makes a very cool nickname for Keeper!

Feels like it could work well as a mn that gets used as a nn!

I actually think it’s pretty cool! There are a lot of K/C names that end with -er so I think that helps Keeper sound more name-like. It also immediately reminded me of the name [name_m]Kiefer[/name_m].

I think it’s kind of cool! [name_f]My[/name_f] first thought if I heard it in the wild would be that it was a surname name.

Ooh, Keeper is pretty cool. It does remind me of [name_f]Emily[/name_f] Brontë’s dog, but that’s probably pretty niche :grin:

1 Like

i actually really like it! love the nn Keep! he would for sure get some jokes but as others said i don’t think they are negative at all

1 Like

Sounds like [name_m]Kipper[/name_m] to me! I like [name_m]Kipper[/name_m], but I’m not sure about Keeper.

Keeper is one I’ve never heard. Its interesting. Probably not my favorite compared to all word names though.

It also makes me think of [name_m]Kiefer[/name_m].

Other ideas: [name_u]Skipper[/name_u], [name_u]Keaton[/name_u], [name_u]Kit[/name_u], [name_u]Walker[/name_u], [name_m]Whittaker[/name_m], [name_u]Carter[/name_u], [name_m]Kaiser[/name_m], Cooper/Kooper, [name_m]Webster[/name_m], [name_m]Baxter[/name_m]

1 Like