Name find: Keeper

Today I met an older gentlemen with the name Keeper. And sound wise at least, I really love it. Not sure if I can get past the ‘he’s a keeper’ jokes though. What’s your opinion wearable Orr too ripe for jokes.

1 Like

I wouldn’t think it’s easily wearable.

With current two syllable, ending in “-er” name trends for boys, I could actually see Keeper working. It would definitely get some jokes, but many names do and the jokes for this name are not negative at all. [name_f]My[/name_f] first connotation was soccer - goalkeeper is often shortened to keeper.

2 Likes

Interesting! I actually like it a lot, it feels like a quirkier [name_u]Cooper[/name_u] or a more straightforward [name_m]Kuiper[/name_m].

1 Like

I think it’s cool and stylish actually! Like @eloiseattheplaza I also thought of the soccer position. Sometimes people will call the goalkeeper ‘keep’ too (“Nice save, keep!”) and I think that makes a very cool nickname for Keeper!

Feels like it could work well as a mn that gets used as a nn!

I actually think it’s pretty cool! There are a lot of K/C names that end with -er so I think that helps Keeper sound more name-like. It also immediately reminded me of the name [name_m]Kiefer[/name_m].

I think it’s kind of cool! [name_f]My[/name_f] first thought if I heard it in the wild would be that it was a surname name.

Ooh, Keeper is pretty cool. It does remind me of [name_f]Emily[/name_f] Brontë’s dog, but that’s probably pretty niche :grin:

1 Like

i actually really like it! love the nn Keep! he would for sure get some jokes but as others said i don’t think they are negative at all

1 Like

Sounds like Kipper to me! I like Kipper, but I’m not sure about Keeper.

Keeper is one I’ve never heard. Its interesting. Probably not my favorite compared to all word names though.

It also makes me think of [name_m]Kiefer[/name_m].

Other ideas: [name_u]Skipper[/name_u], [name_u]Keaton[/name_u], [name_u]Kit[/name_u], [name_u]Walker[/name_u], [name_m]Whittaker[/name_m], [name_u]Carter[/name_u], [name_m]Kaiser[/name_m], Cooper/Kooper, [name_m]Webster[/name_m], [name_m]Baxter[/name_m]

1 Like