Name First Impressions

What are your first impressions of the following names? What kind of person would you associate with each?

[name]Tamra[/name]
[name]Laurell[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Dorthy[/name]
[name]Bonnie[/name]
[name]Sheila[/name]
[name]Marni[/name]
[name]Lena[/name]
[name]Nina[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name]
[name]Rachel[/name]
[name]Geralyn[/name]
[name]Tara[/name]
[name]Carney[/name]

[name]Tamra[/name] - the name of one of my step-sisters. I tend to think of a down-to-earth gal.
[name]Laurell[/name] - Kind of dramatic (but not overly so)
[name]Alice[/name] - I picture an innocent little girl, or a motherly middle-aged woman.
[name]Dorthy[/name] - not, [name]Dorothy[/name], but [name]Dorthy[/name]? I imagine a 50-something woman.
[name]Bonnie[/name] - reminds me of the cheerleader captain from [name]Kim[/name] Possible.
[name]Sheila[/name] - a shy girl with a secret wild side that rarely comes out.
[name]Marni[/name] - sounds similar to the Blarney [name]Stone[/name], so that’s all I can picture.
[name]Lena[/name] - I’m imagining the [name]LEE[/name]-na pronunciation here, for reference. I picture a 20-something lady who always seems on the go.
[name]Nina[/name] - a teen/young adult, possibly a slightly older lady. Adventurous and spontaneous.
[name]Susannah[/name] - motherly, but not overbearingly so, a tad more than [name]Alice[/name] though.
[name]Rachel[/name] - my first impression is [name]Rachel[/name] [name]Ray[/name].
[name]Geralyn[/name] - sounds made up, can’t say my impression is that great.
[name]Tara[/name] - sounds 1980sish, and that’s not a bad thing for me.
[name]Carney[/name] - a carnival worker!?

Thanks for responding.

[name]Alice[/name] has the double feeling for me too. I see someone fragile and perhaps conflicted, but I also see someone tough and morally strong.

Here is a few more I was wondering about.

[name]Rosemary[/name]
[name]Shawna[/name] or [name]Shauna[/name]
[name]Nellie[/name]
[name]Joely[/name]
[name]Deborah[/name]

[name]Rosemary[/name] - a personal favorite of mine. This is possibly due to it also being the name of an herb, but I picture a [name]Rosemary[/name] is very crafty in the kitchen.
[name]Shawna[/name]/[name]Shauna[/name] - Personal association, but I’m reminded of a girl I went to grade school with. She had long skinny legs and was a fast runner. For me, [name]Shawna[/name] (or [name]Shauna[/name]) is an athletic person.
[name]Nellie[/name] - Though spelled slightly different, I think of [name]Nelly[/name] from [name]Little[/name] House on the [name]Prairie[/name]. She was a spoiled little girl.
[name]Joely[/name] - A tomboyish teenager who is really into sports.
[name]Deborah[/name] - A middle-aged woman with long fair hair, maybe has a thing for scrapbooking.

I love [name]Rosemary[/name] and [name]Shauna[/name] too.

[name]Sarah[/name] is another name that has that double meaning for me; small and vulnerable or tough and kick-butt.

What about the whole [name]Ann[/name], [name]Annie[/name], or [name]Anna[/name] thing?
[name]Ann[/name] - I think of a older women very strong personality.
[name]Annie[/name]- Fragile and small but could kick butt if she needed too.
[name]Anna[/name] - Thirty something, very femine, maybe an artist or photographer.

What about [name]Sharon[/name], [name]Tracey[/name], [name]Shelby[/name], [name]Paula[/name], [name]Angela[/name], [name]Kate[/name], [name]Beth[/name], [name]Claire[/name], [name]Naomi[/name], [name]Daisy[/name]

[name]Ann[/name] is an no-nonsense type older woman, [name]Annie[/name] is young and small but a bit feisty, while [name]Anna[/name] to me seems strong-willed with a broad age range possible (late teens to late 30s, I imagine)

[name]Sharon[/name] - middle-aged woman, was a bit of a hippie in her younger years, but has toned it down since.
[name]Tracey[/name] - a real go-getter type, late 20s or early 30s, maybe works in show business.
[name]Shelby[/name] - a 20-something lady with dark hair and eyes.
[name]Paula[/name] - a 30-something woman who dresses flamboyantly.
[name]Angela[/name] - knew quite a few Angelas in junior high, so I imagine a pre-teen/young teen girl, most likely has wavy or crimped hair.
[name]Kate[/name] - a teenager with a knack for computers.
[name]Beth[/name] - an [name]Amazonian[/name] woman; I mostly picture this due to the [name]Beth[/name] [name]Phoenix[/name] association. (a professional wrestler with an Amazon-like gimmick)
[name]Claire[/name] - A shy young woman, about 20s or 30s, braids her hair and has bookish tendencies.
[name]Naomi[/name] - a cheerleader, but not the typical ditzy kind with pom-poms. More like an NBA or NFL cheerleader.
[name]Daisy[/name] - I picture a young British girl (about 10 or so) playing in the garden.